Looking for Review of AK Lodge Restaurants?

W&KReid

Coming up to the time to plan our reservations for WDW. We were thinking about having either breakfast/dinner at the AK Lodge. Can someone give us some feedback? Pricing? Selection? Service?

Thanks,
Disney Bound

M

Mr Lightbeer

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

Dizknee_Phreek

When I visited AKL in June, my family and I ate at The Mara. One of the nicest food courts I've ever been to! Really out of the way....not as architectually interesting as the other two more expensive restuarants...but nice just the same! And the price is pretty much like all the other food courts in other resorts.
If you're wanting a more expensive meal, of course go with the other two....although, I didn't eat at either. Although, I seem to remember seeing a buffet type thing at Boma.
Hope this helps a bit!

Upvote 0

Smee

We had dinner at Boma and enjoyed it very much. It is an extensive buffet with numerous African themed dishes but plenty of traditional fare if you don't go for the exiotic. There is also a kid section to the buffet with regular food for the kids.

The food court "Mara" has plenty of quick meals, salads, burgers, pizza, etc. Also a small shopping area with snacks, drinks, etc. Had breakfast there and it was fine.

Did not try Jiko but the menu looked very good, a little on the pricey side.

Get a PS for Boma or Jiko.

Upvote 0

W&KReid

Original Poster
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!

Thank You for all the Help. My Wife and I really appreciate all the great advice and reviews we receive on these forums. Will definitely make PS for Boma. It will be an excellent experience along with the rest of WDW.

60 Days and Counting...

Thanks Again for All the Great Advice,
Disney Bound in September

P.S Does anyone know the name of the rock group in Epcot. They mix rock music w/ bag pipes. I heard them once in passing and always wanted to know if they were still there.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom