Looking for reservations online quirk

heychadwick

Original Poster
Hello,

So, we had a last minute change to our dining plan as we got into lunch at Be Your Guest (we had to call as online wasn't working). After that, we had to shuffle around our plans for that day. We noticed a weird quirk. Just to start with, our family tends to eat meals earlier than some. I like to eat at 11 for lunch and 5pm for dinner. When I was doing searches for available restaurants on the Disney web page, I would select a specific time. When my wife was searching she would pick the generic "lunch" or "dinner" at the top of the lists. The results were different!

When we searched for the generic "lunch" or "dinner", all the results ended up later in the slots. So, 1pm lunches and 6-7pm dinners were the only results. When we picked a specific time, say 11am, we got results that were 11:30 or 12:30 that didn't show up when using the generic meal time. It seems that the system will automatically shunt you to later times if you don't specify a time slot. If you do pick a slot, it will give you the closest to that slot that they have.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We have noticed that as well. We usually select a specific time, since it searches a few hour window around that time.

JasonDeyoung

I noticed that as well when BOG went live online for lunch reservations, I put in "lunch" and nothing. I then went by times and a group appeared.

JohnD

Another quirk I found this week was when changing an ADR to another restaurant in the same timeframe, MDE didn't cancel the other ADR which is what it usually does if both were within the same hour. So, I had to manually cancel the one I no longer wanted.

diosraw

Yeah it usually problem some time,online reservations for lunch or dinner,time may be slot anytime so its a problem we are facing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom