Looking for Recommendations for Trying (New to Us) Restaurants

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Hi, Hcalvert!

We've visited Disney World recently with kids and one of our favorites at Animal Kingdom is Yak and Yeti. My daughter (16) says it's her favorite restaurant period - anywhere. She likes any of the noodle meals and loves the chicken and waffles. It's got a fun atmosphere, too. Your son may also like the ambiance of the smoking volcano at Mexico's Epcot Pavilion. We recently dined at the San Angel Inn (after years of skipping it from our 2010 trip) and were pleasantly surprised. The steak was really tasty - and perfectly cooked! Plus, the Three Caballeros boat ride is a fun little excursion. Our teenage son can never resist putting on sombreros and taking goofy pictures. At Magic Kingdom, if y'all like Italian, Tony's Town Square is quite good. We ate there three times in 2018 and were very pleased with both food and service all three visits. Our son likes the spaghetti and meatballs and the made-to-order pizza. Our other family favorite at MK is Liberty Tree. It's "family style" and our two picky eaters have always eaten well here. It's just a ton of food, but so yummy. Looks like you've already tried our favorite at Hollywood - 50s Prime Time Cafe - we've eaten there EVERY VISIT without fail.

We have tried The Plaza in MK, but were underwhelmed. It's pretty standard and bland sandwich/salad fare. The service and location were both positives, but we haven't felt the need to return. It's just kind of "there." Food taste and selection didn't win us over.

Good luck and have fun planning!!
Honestly it may not be the best for your son but I'd highly recommend Jiko. Easily my favorite restaurant there. I also have to give a +1 for the Yak and Yeti recommendation. Casey's Corner is an awesome QS restaurant at MK that you should definitely check out.
Yak & Yeti...one of our favorite go to's when we visit.

Sanaa at AKL, if for nothing else, the bread service.

Garden Grill, i see you mentioned. The wife and i visited and really thought for just the 2 of us, there was too much food! It was good, just too much. We both felt obligated to eat more...all the way into a food coma.

What dishes would you recommend at Yak & Yeti for dinner? Thanks.

Hcalvert

Original Poster
Ive been around 15 times and Raglan Road is my favourite year in year out! It is always my husbands favourite too. Great food, entertainment and service all round!

We went way back in 2008. I asked my husband, who is British (based on your spelling, I am thinking you might be too), if he wanted to go and he said he wanted to pass this time. Hopefully, I can talk him into it next time.

Nottamus

What dishes would you recommend at Yak & Yeti for dinner? Thanks.

Ya know, our choices might seem simple to some, but we really like them!

We start with FIRECRACKER SHRIMP, or the AHI TUNA NACHOS

for meal, its always the LO MEIN combo, chicken and shrimp...really filling

then the FRIED WONTONS for dessert.

ok, just got myself hungry...

There's more on the menu that would appeal to other tastes...but while there, i stick with the favorites!

daisyduckie

My family tried The Wave for the first time last year, and really enjoyed it. So much so that we have an ADR for it again this year.

jmunzert

I have to give another vote to Sanaa, went with a group of people and everything was fantastic, the desserts were also exceptional. If you have seafood lovers in your group Cape May Café has always been one of our favorites, just went this past November and it was a standout for me.

macefamily

Two very good in-park Italian restaurants are Via Napoli and Mama Melrose. We usually eat at both. I guess we're creatures of habit. Have yet to be disappointed at either place.

empaul23

Garden Grill is pretty good but not a personal favorite. My places I have to eat at on every trip to WDW are Cape May Buffet (Dinner)(Beach Club), Via Napoli (Dinner) (Epcot), and Tusker House (Breakfast) (Animal Kingdom). A close second would be Be Our Guest (Lunch) (Magic Kingdom). We did a day trip to WDW in August and love Cape May Buffet so much we ate there for our only Disney Table Service meal.

Shouldigo12

Apologies if I'm a little late to the game here. I ate at Tusker House on my trip. It was good. They had plenty of options for a vegetarian if that's a concern, the desserts were tasty if a little generic, and the food had enough "exotic" options to satisfy an adventurous eater while still giving the pickier eaters some choices. Tye bad notes were that the jungle juice wasn't as good as the hype would have led me to believe (it was kind of watery) and only one character out of three of four stopped at our table. The rest just walked right by. I get that we were adults and they probably wanted to focus on the kids...but still. I was a lottle miffed.

Shouldigo12

Trust me - you had a bad batch. It's always been incredibly tasty to me, and I've had it many times.
I'm hoping that was the case. I was looking forward to it so much, then I finally got it was just kind of like...huh. So it's watered down orange juice. When and if I ever go again I'll have to give it another shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom