Looking for photos of the Food Rocks queue

glawio

Original Poster
I'm looking to see if anyone has photos of the posters/murals from the Food Rocks queue. I have seen some online but didn't realize there was art for each of the individual bands...I saw a pan around in the lovely Epcot tribute video but it was quite blurry.

(an example of what I'm talking about)

I'm a cartoonist and the art style is really charming to me. 😊 If we know any of the artists' names as well I'd really love to know!

Thanks a bunch! 🍌
-Glawio

glawio

Original Poster
While not a photo, this video shows them clearly (Starts around 20:59 in case the link doesn't work).

Oh!! This is a really great video, when I saw this the first time it was the first time I saw any of the artwork. :) It's still kind of hard to see, so I was looking for photos but I might be able to vector the images from this video to make them clearer...

Thanks for posting, I hope somebody else gets to see this video as well because you posted it!

TwilightZone

Oh!! This is a really great video, when I saw this the first time it was the first time I saw any of the artwork. :) It's still kind of hard to see, so I was looking for photos but I might be able to vector the images from this video to make them clearer...

Thanks for posting, I hope somebody else gets to see this video as well because you posted it!
You're welcome! It's a great video! The poster is on here, so I'm sure a lot of us seen it, but it's always good to introduce people to it who have not seen it!

glawio

Original Poster
Let me know if this isn't allowed, but I thought I'd share some cool things I found while looking for the queue art.

There's a concept sketch by Costa Alavezos and then some very interesting concept art (it was listed as "promotional photos"). There was only a closeup of the Cher fish. I would have loved to see the other ones, or even have this in a bigger size...!

I know this is a kinda universally hated attraction, but I'm still surprised at how little I can find about it online. Feels like a very weird scavenger hunt across the old internet. ;) I have no idea where to ask about this kind of thing or where to share what I find (or if anyone cares besides me) so please let me know if I'm in the wrong place.

Attachments

• original-disney-epcot-attraction_1_823d9a32e77611e6ceab2ece74625364.jpg
    original-disney-epcot-attraction_1_823d9a32e77611e6ceab2ece74625364.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 1994-disney-epcot-land-pavillion-food_1_e2bd78800f8d7e90f7484393c7ab7c6b555.jpg
    1994-disney-epcot-land-pavillion-food_1_e2bd78800f8d7e90f7484393c7ab7c6b555.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 1994-disney-epcot-land-pavillion-food_1_e2bd78800f8d7e90f7484393c7ab7c6b.jpg
    1994-disney-epcot-land-pavillion-food_1_e2bd78800f8d7e90f7484393c7ab7c6b.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 56

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
So I was going through old photos and found this picture of my dad waiting in the lobby for mine and his favorite attraction of all time. Wanted to share with people who might appreciate this.

While most folks thought this was stupid. My dad and I really bonded over this show for some reason. And it was a childhood favorite. I actually cried as a kid when I saw soarin construction walls LOL

1000003669.jpg

glawio

Original Poster
Hi everyone! I made this thread 5 years ago and I have since gotten the images I was looking for. ProgressCityUSA on Twitter kindly supplied them to me. ❤️ Hope you all are doing well!

Attachments

• k_kbTXM9.jpg
    k_kbTXM9.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 21
  • nfIPycQr.jpg
    nfIPycQr.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1_4IjguR.jpg
    1_4IjguR.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 25
  • xIYESl5C.jpg
    xIYESl5C.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 19
  • cxI4O5X0.jpg
    cxI4O5X0.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 23
  • BXUbS3zCAAARqKQ.jpg
    BXUbS3zCAAARqKQ.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 21
  • khEqBzzJ.jpg
    khEqBzzJ.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 23

Cmdr_Crimson

Hi everyone! I made this thread 5 years ago and I have since gotten the images I was looking for. ProgressCityUSA on Twitter kindly supplied them to me. ❤️ Hope you all are doing well!
Such an underrated attraction that didn't get much attention along with Kitchen Kabaret shame there is no tribute to them besides walking right into the theater from going into Soaring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom