Looking for offsite advice for first WDW trip

mls2018

Original Poster
A friend and I are going to be in Orlando December 7th-15th(ish) and are trying to work out the best place to stay on a budget as this is part of an 8 week trip. We will not have a car and renting one will be difficult as we are under 24 so insurance usually goes up plus parking etc.
So far we have looked at off site hotels and using Uber/Lyft for transport if shuttles don't suit our plans to be in parks from open to close :)
We are also going to Universal for 2 days as well as 4 days at WDW.
Neither of us have ever been before so absolutely any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

LSLS

Disney Springs hotels are a great bet. Transportation to the parks, walking distance to Disney Springs for Drinks/food. If you want to go a cheaper, look out towards Vineland. When it has been just me, I have crashed at both a Clarion and Comfort Suites, both of which were decent for the price. I believe the Comfort Suites even had breakfast and a shuttle I believe. There is also a set of Mariotts over that way (Springhill Suites, Fairfield, and Courtyard I believe). I have not stayed there, but my Dad has and he raves about them (I mean, they are Mariotts, they will be nice). Believe they have park shuttles as well. If you are doing 2 and 4, it may be worth considering swapping hotels towards Universal for those 2 days (save you on Uber costs), but that could be a hassle (sorry, know nothing about Universal side of things).

For reference, Clarion is like $64 a night (keep in mind no shuttle), Comfort Suites is $94, and the Mariotts are around $100 (keep in mind all can reduce if you have AAA). In the Springs area, you are looking around $115 or so for the guys like the Wyndham, Best Western, Holiday Inn.

mls2018

Original Poster
Disney Springs hotels are a great bet. Transportation to the parks, walking distance to Disney Springs for Drinks/food. If you want to go a cheaper, look out towards Vineland. When it has been just me, I have crashed at both a Clarion and Comfort Suites, both of which were decent for the price. I believe the Comfort Suites even had breakfast and a shuttle I believe. There is also a set of Mariotts over that way (Springhill Suites, Fairfield, and Courtyard I believe). I have not stayed there, but my Dad has and he raves about them (I mean, they are Mariotts, they will be nice). Believe they have park shuttles as well. If you are doing 2 and 4, it may be worth considering swapping hotels towards Universal for those 2 days (save you on Uber costs), but that could be a hassle (sorry, know nothing about Universal side of things).

For reference, Clarion is like $64 a night (keep in mind no shuttle), Comfort Suites is $94, and the Mariotts are around $100 (keep in mind all can reduce if you have AAA). In the Springs area, you are looking around $115 or so for the guys like the Wyndham, Best Western, Holiday Inn.

Thank you for all of that, it is incredibly helpful and much appreciated!

Patcheslee

Is that reserving Fast Passes 60 days out? I always assumed those perks were for onsite accomodation so will definitely look in to it, thank you!
Yes they have I believe 7 off site that you can book through disney and get the 60 Fastpass booking window. I know one is the Holiday Inn in Disney Springs. I haven't personally stated offsite, but remember it was announced this year. Maybe others can help with details like if you have to book direct with Disney or not.

Kobe!!

8 weeks, wow! I would highly suggest staying at the same chain of hotels during this extended trip to gain points on your hotels reward program. (obviously you will need to sign up for one of the reward programs) but I would imagine 8 weeks in hotels would give you some nice discounts and probably even a few free nights! #Marriott

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom