Looking for first runner up burger...

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Now that Le Cellier no longer offers their mouth watering burger, where can I get a GOOD burger. Has to be on property. Feel free to post pictures. Mmmm...I'm getting hungry already!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I think the lack of responses to this question is your answer. "Disney World" and "good burger" are not generally words found in the same sentence. Le Cellier was probably the best option around. The burger at Beaches and Cream is passable but still not the most amazing thing ever. Eating there is hardly worth the hassle most of the time.

City Girl

I've been reading reviews for Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. A few people mentioned that the Angus burger served at lunch was surprisingly delicious. Can anyone here verify that?

(I've never dined there but have booked a TE dinner buffet the first week of February, 2013.)

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
I think the lack of responses to this question is your answer. "Disney World" and "good burger" are not generally words found in the same sentence. Le Cellier was probably the best option around. The burger at Beaches and Cream is passable but still not the most amazing thing ever. Eating there is hardly worth the hassle most of the time.
That's what I am afraid of. Le Cellier was possibly my favorite burger, ever. I've seen some good pictures of Beaches and Cream burgers, and some where it looks like a hockey puck.

I've been reading reviews for Trail's End at Fort Wilderness. A few people mentioned that the Angus burger served at lunch was surprisingly delicious. Can anyone here verify that?

(I've never dined there but have booked a TE dinner buffet the first week of February, 2013.)
This sounds intriguing. Would love to hear your review. We never seem to make it over in that direction. Has anyone had it? Thoughts?

Try the Mad King at Splitsville.You won't get much change from $20.00. It's a triple decker and weighs in at 16oz.;)
Hey, I was ready to shell out 15 for the Le Cellier version. I am suspicious that this burger is more about quantity than quality.

I have had a good burger at the Plaza along with a chocolate shake.
Maybe it's time to give this a try. I have seen some yumminess from there, and the view is pretty good, too, I hear.

real mad hatter

Talking about burgers.It was revealed last night that supermarket chain " Tesco " along with a few smaller ones,are withdrawing their value beef burgers as horse,repeat horse DNA has been found in the meat.I saw quite a few customers hoofing it down to get their money back.Seems Tesco are giving you 3/1 on their favourite burger.( sorry about the puns ) This is a true story by the way.

MouseDreaming

Original Poster

Can not beat it.
Alright, smarty pants. Happy to say I haven't consumed one of these in a very long time. Actually, I have never had a quarter pounder. The food they serve just isn't worth it.

Had a good garden style veggie burger at a couple of cs. Does that count?
Absolutely, that counts! Where?
The Grand Floridian Café's signature burger has undergone minor topping changes since I tasted it, but it is one tasty burger. It's not your traditional burger, though. Topped with lobster, hollandaise and asparagus, it's messy but worth the effort.
This sounds right up the DH's alley.

I read a lot of good feedback for Beaches and Cream. But the peanut butter and jelly and bacon and jalapeño burger at ESPN Club is one on my to do list.

Check the Disneyfoodblog for more on the best burger http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2012/09/19/whats-your-favorite-disney-burger/

You might want to ignore the suggestion for Le Cellier's.

Definitely unusual. I can't imagine pb & j on a burger.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Trail's End is probably my least favorite restaurant on property. I've been a few times and yet to have a good experience there. My college cafeteria had far better food and ambiance. However, someone mentioned the Plaza. I've had the burger there and it is pretty good. Not the most amazing thing but definitely good. I really like the Plaza and have always enjoyed my meals there. The prices are reasonable and it is easily accessible. I would consider Plaza before Beaches and Cream mainly for the convenience factor. Beaches and Cream is very tiny, relatively isolated, and doesn't accept ADRs. It can be hard to get to and difficult to get a seat. I really enjoy the concept of the restaurant (and the ice cream!) but sometimes it just isn't worth the hassle.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Oh! I've also heard good things about the burgers at Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. It is not a Disney owned restaurant, but their food is good. I've never tried the burger there but everything else I have had was good. I guess there are more options than I initially thought but I am still certain that "Disney World" and "great burger" are words that will never be synonymous.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Oh! I've also heard good things about the burgers at Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. It is not a Disney owned restaurant, but their food is good. I've never tried the burger there but everything else I have had was good. I guess there are more options than I initially thought but I am still certain that "Disney World" and "great burger" are words that will never be synonymous.

I had a burger there a couple years ago. It was solid, but not great. Much better then most options at the World though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom