Looking for Disney watches...

Badger Brent

Original Poster
My son is looking to buy a WDW or Disney themed watch while we're down there next week. I was going to have him look at the store on Main street in MK and the World of Disney store. Any other stores in the world he should check out? He wants to spend around $100 or so for it. Thanks, Brent

Pongo

The jewelry section of World of Disney is great. I would also suggest BVG on the Grand Canyon Concourse level of the Contemporary.

CAPTAIN HOOK

My daughter bought one during our last visit - I think we visited every shop within the Parks and The Disney Store at DTD. We eventually bought one from the shops on Main Street

RonAnnArbor

Your biggest selection will be at World of Disney -- I just looked at them there this week -- they have a variety of watches ranging from thousand dollar namebrand to 75.00 no-brand...I settled on a really nice watch which looked different from all the other ones and cost just a little over a hundred dollars....most of the standard quality Watches are 75.00 to 95.00 dollars, and they go up from there. The sales people in the watch area are also awesome - they will let you try on everything, tell you about the makes of the watches and the warranties, and even take out links and resize them for you while you wait. I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else.

WDW 3

I bought a watch on at Uptown Jewelers in October, it wasn't keeping accurate time so we exchanged it a couple days later. Got home and the second watch stopped, I put a new battery in and it would run a while and stop. So sadly I had to send it back.:( But, I got my husband a watch for Christmas last year and he hasn't had a minute of trouble. I'm just recommending that you buy it at the start of your stay so you can exchange it if you have to. I am not giving up, I want a Mickey Mouse watch from Walt Disney World so I will try again:)

krankenstein

I bought my watch at the Zawadi Marketplace in AKL. It was one of the cheaper ones coming in at around $70. It works and looks great, which is all that I am after in a watch. I stayed away from $100+ ones because the fancier it is, the more likely I am to ruin it. :lol:

Mystic

The resorts all carry a selection of watches although the selection is not vast. I would recommend Uptown Jewellers on Main Street, they can do a custom watch for your son but I'm not sure how much a custom watch would cost. Also try MouseGear at Epcot as I find they have a large selection to choose from. There is also the jewellery store in DHS. I believe it's on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset (I could be wrong). They also have a nice selection.

Phonedave

I like watches, but I have been disappointed with the watches available at WDW.

I would love to get an automatic Disney watch (i.e. self winding). I asked at all of the above places. The person at the jewelery section on WoD tried to sell me an ECO-Drive as an automatic watch. Yeah, while it technicaly does not need batteries or winding, it is hardly an automatic. The MK main street shop had the most knowledgeable CM's working there, but still no automatic.

The Germany has some automatics (German ones, not Disney ones) that are quite cheap for an automatic. I just have never heard of the brand, and have no idea how good they are.

After looking at the $125 (I think) watch they had for the 25th Anniversery of EPCOT, and just wondering where they got that price from, I have given up my Disney watch hunt.

If you do find a nice one, let me know. WDW does have a good selection of a lot of things, but its watches just leave me wanting.

-dave

beanbunny

I, too, would love to get a Disney watch but I need it to be waterproof - something that I can wear swimming. So far I haven't had any luck. Do they exist? Where? Thanks. 6 days and counting - whoo hoo! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom