Looking for Clearwater/Tampa advice

draybook

Original Poster
We're headed down to the WDW area from April 1-6. We're going to go to Clearwater for one day to try the west coast beaches. What are some of the beaches you enjoy on that side of Florida? I was looking at Honeymoon Island Beach and that whole stretch. And I'm really looking for a nice beachside place to eat with the family. Nothing major or fancy, just looking for some good grub waterside with the kiddos. I was looking at Woody's Waterfront down in St. Pete Beach. Has anyone been there before? It looks pretty cool and is right on the water. Thanks for any info you can provide!

deeevo

Woody's is ok, plenty of other places down Gulf Blvd. Caddy's on Treasure Island is cool and right on the beach. Our best beaches are over the Skyway in my opinion. Anna Maria, Siesta Key and my favorite Nokomis on Casey's Key but that is a hike from Clearwater.

draybook

Original Poster

Club Cooloholic

I second Caddy's but this place in Saint Pete Beach is great too.
I will also say if the Tampa Rays are playing, it's worth catching a game. Is the stadium the best...no...but it is unique.
And the Sea Bird Sanctuary in Indian Shores is pretty cool too.

draybook

Original Poster
We didn't make it to Clearwater but we chose to go to Cocoa again instead. We had a good time and we left just in time, as it started raining as we were loading up the car to leave. We plan on making it down to Tampa in September, so hopefully, we get there next time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom