Looking for Artwork

wolfeman

Original Poster
Not sure, if this is the right forum. I wanted to buy some artwork from DW when we return in November. Something nice for the living room. I have a price range in mind about 400$. Not sure what that would buy. I found the store at Downtown Disney, but wasn't sure if there was other stores. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks

luv

There are several stores at DTD, some with more funky stuff than your typical, quintessential Disney kind. If your family doesn't want to hang around DTD looking at stuff in the art stores, call me. ;)

Larry Dotson usually has has stuff out during the spring and fall. I really like his work a lot. The hotels all used to have prints of his work (of their hotels) in the gift shops. I don't know if they all do these days or not.

The MK has stuff in a store on the right side of Main St as you head toward the castle. Epcot has an Art of Disney store. I don't know where this stuff might be in AK or DS.

I hope you find something you like!

maryszhi

there is a nice one in hollywood studios. i bought a couple prints :) they were not as expensive as i had thought :)

lazyboy97o

The name of the store being referenced by almost everybody is Art of Disney. Do look at the print on demand kiosks as well (if available since they seem to go down from time to time).

C&D

There is a store at the end of the Art of Animation attraction; cells, paintings, sculptures, posters...........

pegsina

I like the art of animation at hollywood studios. Some nice stuff. They also usually have an artist working on sketches and you can buy a matted 11X14 sketch for about $35. Minimalistic but pretty cool.

wolfeman

Original Poster
As a family we do not have a favorite Disney movie, so we were thinking has anyone seen a poster or drawing of the development of Disney world? For instance where Epcot was going to be built in relation to the magic kingdom,something like th

luv

As a family we do not have a favorite Disney movie, so we were thinking has anyone seen a poster or drawing of the development of Disney world? For instance where Epcot was going to be built in relation to the magic kingdom,something like th
I don't know about posters, but there are some books with nice, big pics on the subject. I think they're still selling them in the parks. They aren't the cheapest books on the planet.

jlevis

I like the Art of Animation at DHS. I've bought several lithographs and animation cells from there. They have items in all price ranges. I don't recall the name of the place on Main Street but I bought a miniture from there. They have some very nice things.

reptar77

Has anyone seen this recently? I could kick myself for not buying it. :mad:
6521545649_cc985d95c1_z.jpg

l4dybu6

Try the pop gallery at DTD
Not all of it is Disney related (in fact, most of it isn't), but the art there is actually really nice!
Otherwise, try the art of Disney stores in both epcot and HS

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
I think that this was mentioned, but spend some time at the Print on Demand kiosk in the stores (I know that the DTD store, the Art of Disney at Epcot, and the one on Main Street USA all have them). Last trip we got a fantastic Mary Blair piece that was concept art for Small World. There are so many different types and categories that are available in those machines, it's worth spending 20 minutes or more looking through them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom