looking at buying DVC

tractorm3

Original Poster
So my wife and I have a long term goal to buy into DVC. We have it down to the POLY, and we are hoping to see the new rooms at Coronado Resort.

Does any one know if or when we will be able to buy into the Poly? is there currently a wait list? what are our odds?

For Coronado, any one have an idea of the buy in?

BoardwalkGlenn

Hi there. For the Polynesian, you can look into buying resale if you're okay with not getting all of the "extras". I'd recommend using the DVC Resale Market (https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/).

You can also contact Disney directly and ask if they have any Poly points available, and if not, to be put on a waitlist. You'll pay more by purchasing directly from Disney than the resale market.

As far as I know, the expansion of the Coronado resort is not DVC. The expansion near Caribbean Beach known as the Riviera will be DVC. No info has been released regarding this resort at this time. Sales info for this probably won't be released until Copper Creek is almost sold-out.

I hope that helps.

FWIW, we purchased at the Boardwalk resale from the above link and added on Poly from Disney directly.

Edit: corrected my Riviera statement

Last edited:

correcaminos

So my wife and I have a long term goal to buy into DVC. We have it down to the POLY, and we are hoping to see the new rooms at Coronado Resort.

Does any one know if or when we will be able to buy into the Poly? is there currently a wait list? what are our odds?

For Coronado, any one have an idea of the buy in?
Polynesian direct is by waitlist only now and quite expensive. I would look for resale to save money. The waitlist likely wouldn't take more than a few weeks or months or so if done direct.

The Riviera Resort will not go on sale for another year. We have no real info on points or price per point at this time.

correcaminos

Helanabear,

Do you have a resource that i could look at buying resale?

Here are a few sites with info
https://www.dvcbyresale.com/page.php/Frequently Asked Questions#howdoresalesexist

https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/buying/

If you have specific questions ask away. I've done both resale and direct purchases so familiar with both. My directs were for small contracts where the resale price per point was within about $15 per point of direct pricing. Made the value not as great going resale.

GabeP

Hi there. For the Polynesian, you can look into buying resale if you're okay with not getting all of the "extras". I'd recommend using the DVC Resale Market (https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/).

You can also contact Disney directly and ask if they have any Poly points available, and if not, to be put on a waitlist. You'll pay more by purchasing directly from Disney than the resale market.

As far as I know, the expansion of the Coronado resort is not DVC. The expansion near Caribbean Beach known as the Riviera will be DVC. No info has been released regarding this resort at this time. Sales info for this probably won't be released until Copper Creek is almost sold-out.

I hope that helps.

FWIW, we purchased at the Boardwalk resale from the above link and added on Poly from Disney directly.

Edit: corrected my Riviera statement

I'm going down in late Sept and am taking a DVC tour. when arranging it the other night, the sales rep asked me what resort i'd be interested in. I told him Riveria depending on cost. He said the plan is to begin preselling it early Fall 2019 with a buy in of around 15k. I was told that as of now, the cheapest buy in direct from Disney is about $18,500 so a decent savings if this holds true.

tractorm3

Original Poster
Thanks everyone, My wife and I are looking at all options. We are for sure going to budget some time next trip down to do the tour and pick the cast members brain. Do they still give any incentives for going on a tour?

slipperalwaysfits

I've read that you get three additional fastpasses for doing the DVC tour. We went to Aulani last year and found an offer under our door for a $100 gift card if we did the DVC presentation. We were interested in DVC anyway, so it was well worth it to us. We're busy buying a house this year but maybe in the not-so-distant future, we'll end up with DVC.

GabeP

3 additional FP each for use within 3 days of your tour, anywhere, anytime. Exceptions were 7DMT, Frozen, FOP, and, as of June 30, SDC. We are also getting a $50 Disney gift card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom