Look out, here they come Disney

macefamily

Original Poster
It's getting this bad. The beginning of this week I heard a morning radio show on Sirius/XM talking about the Kate Smith situation where statues are being torn down again and history erased. She sang songs that, at that time, were not considered offensive. But it would be much different today. They then somehow tied an ESPN situation into the story, and by association Disney was tied in. The conversation morphed into why isn't Disney held accountable for their past. They even went as far as calling Walt himself a racist. That was Monday. It made it to MSNBC today. The writer goes on to say that Song of the South and Dumbo are "disturbing movies." Really ? Times were different. Today is different. People find a way to attack even our most wholesome and "woke" institutions. When will the madness end ?

UncleMike101

It's getting this bad. The beginning of this week I heard a morning radio show on Sirius/XM talking about the Kate Smith situation where statues are being torn down again and history erased. She sang songs that, at that time, were not considered offensive. But it would be much different today. They then somehow tied an ESPN situation into the story, and by association Disney was tied in. The conversation morphed into why isn't Disney held accountable for their past. They even went as far as calling Walt himself a racist. That was Monday. It made it to MSNBC today. The writer goes on to say that Song of the South and Dumbo are "disturbing movies." Really ? Times were different. Today is different. People find a way to attack even our most wholesome and "woke" institutions. When will the madness end ?
People need to get over it...........
The mores change with every generation and the past can't be changed.
We used to laugh at, and make fun of, the attitudes and doings of previous generations.
Today people want to eliminate the past rather than learn from it.
It reminds me of the ancient Pharaohs who would have the faces and names chiselled away of a previous disliked Pharaoh.
As if that would negate their existence.

OldManExere

We all want the future... but Walt Disney himself seems to be of the past. I honestly know Walt to be great, old classics
and ethical stories are a must, so the future is sensitive, very much political. The market for children's books is always moving
with new words, styles, grammar etc, it doesn't look like Disney is spread out or powerful, but it's accepted. The Dumbo film of
old is accepted to me, however I can't seem to convince the rest of the world anything about new and improved media. Pharaoh would
want more control, and discipline. The children of pharaoh would say this is bad. Children should sing, not write critiques.

Exere

Tick Tock

I shared this clip in another discussion revolving around the same topic awhile back. Very good (down the middle, non-politically biased for the most part) words of wisdom on the subject. Whether you're a fan of Bill Maher or not, this is a great monologue.

It does contain some language so be warned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom