Longest Disney drought

rob0519

First trip was March 1978. Next trip was February 1996, so that's 18 years. Don't think it's ever been more than two years since then. We've been very fortunate indeed.

Cmdr_Crimson

I still haven't been back to DL since 1992. I've just about got my wife talked into flying out there to visit. Not to mention that I want to visit all of my childhood places.

After I went Back to DL I felt like WDW had a lot more for me to do from 500 acres compared to 47 square miles..

quirkle

I felt like it was 10 years but the most was 5 years - that just seems like an eternity. Now 2 years feels like I am going to die!!

JIMINYCR

I had to wait through 4 years of H*ll while my son went through High School. He was giving us a tough time, not studying or trying, wanted to focus on sports and be a social butterfly. His grades suffered, he didnt care what they were, his attitude was.... all I need is to pass and collect a diploma. So we didnt want to go to WDW and leave him home. Couldnt see taking him and rewarding him. So we waited till he got out of HS, he turned himself around in the next year and we were back to Disney. But those 4 years seemed like an eternity.:(

rsoxguy

The longest that I have been away for any given stretch of time since the late 1980's is a year. That is a long time when you consider that it only takes me less than three hours of driving.

eroyee

1974 first time....not back till 1999....so, 25 years......I am now a regular, though....cant stand waiting even a year between trips...

ExtinctJenn

I kind of separate my Disney trips into two categories: Pre-Child and With Child :D

Pre-Child my biggest span was 10 years between 1992 and 2002 (and oh what I missed in those 10 years... so much that I wish I could've seen/experienced).

Since DS6 was born, I think this (now) is my biggest drought... in just a couple weeks we'll mark a year since we've been (and I'm going absolutely bonkers as a result).

Pooh Lover

Probably 10 years, beginning after I graduated and ending around 1991. We bought our first brand new home in 1988 and within 5 months my husband lost his job. Luckily we were able to make it on my income but then my husband was diagnosed with an illness (without insurance) that could have changed our lives forever. We got thru it (and husband too) but we wanted to get a year under our belt of house and car payments without tempting fate with the expense of a WDW vacation. We are blessed to now go every year!

steviej

april of 01 - april of 03, but my drought of the end of 2nd cp from august of 09 - january of 11 seemed longer than that

JillC LI

So far I win ... or lose as it is!
30 years for me.
I was there with my parents when I was 8 years old, and I did not return until I had children of my own. Now we're all addicts and go every other year!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom