Long Time Reader, Brand New Member

David Disney

Original Poster
Family of 3 from UK. DVC members since 2009 - home resort of Bay Lake Towers. We come to WDW every two years for a month -YES - a month! (We bank two weeks worth of points every other year). Our son is 23 and has Autism and he has loved Disney ever since his first visit back in 2003. Also visited Disneyland in 2017 as we arrived in LA after completing the full length of Route 66. We are all total "Americaphiles" - recently visited Boston in October 2018 (MA was our 17th State we have visited) and are doing the Washington and Oregon parts of the Pacific Coast Highway in Summer this year (and then back to Disney in July 2020 - flights already booked)!

Attachments

• PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412650114628.JPG
    PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_412650114628.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 8

cdeev8690

Welcome! It sounds like you and your family have experienced so many wonderful moments and have taken amazing adventures together! You will LOVE the Pacific Northwest! Visit us in the Northeast in 2021! :)

cdeev8690

Thanks for making me feel welcome! So I guess you are in Philly?

Yup! I was born and raised in New York, an hour east of New York City, and have been in the Philadelphia area for 4 years now. If I had it my way, we would have bought a house in Florida. I'm looking out my window to a rather unpleasant morning of snow, sleet, and rain. Thankfully I work from home and don't have to go out into the mess.

Where in the UK do you call home?

David Disney

Original Poster
Yup! I was born and raised in New York, an hour east of New York City, and have been in the Philadelphia area for 4 years now. If I had it my way, we would have bought a house in Florida. I'm looking out my window to a rather unpleasant morning of snow, sleet, and rain. Thankfully I work from home and don't have to go out into the mess.

Where in the UK do you call home?
New York! Love it - we have been twice (as in "so good they named it twice!"). We actually looked at going to Philadelphia last October - it was a 3 way choice between Boston, Washington DC and Philly - but this time Boston won! I'm in the North of England - a town called Oldham- near Manchester. We had snow last week but today is rather pleasant and almost Spring Like! It would be our dream to buy a house in Florida! Probably Celebration! What do you work as from home?

Scrooged

Welcome! I’m a n00b as well. Just starting to find my way around. Glad you’ve enjoyed your trips to the US so much. Make a stop in Kentucky and try some
Bourbon if you can!

David Disney

Original Poster
Welcome! I’m a n00b as well. Just starting to find my way around. Glad you’ve enjoyed your trips to the US so much. Make a stop in Kentucky and try some
Bourbon if you can!
Would love to see Kentucky -we got near when we visited Tennessee three years ago but didn't quite make it over the state line. Not tried any Kentucky Bourbon - I guess the closest we have come to that is trying Jack Daniels Tennessee Whisky on a visit to Lynchburg. I would guess the bourbon has a smoother taste. When did you last visit WDW?

Scrooged

Would love to see Kentucky -we got near when we visited Tennessee three years ago but didn't quite make it over the state line. Not tried any Kentucky Bourbon - I guess the closest we have come to that is trying Jack Daniels Tennessee Whisky on a visit to Lynchburg. I would guess the bourbon has a smoother taste. When did you last visit WDW?
Our last visit was this past October/November. We hit up the MNSSHP on Halloween (Quite the experience) and stayed until the 6th so we got to see the best of both decorated worlds. Would recommend, but we did get trapped in Magic Kingdom overpopulated hell on a busy Saturday. Other than that and the Food and Wine scramble for a cutting board-it was a fantastic trip. My boy's first, and my third. I have to admit-its a lot more fun as a grown up, and I did get a chance to live vicariously through my kids which I wouldn't trade for the world.

Our next visit will be in September of this year. Excited to go back and catch some of the things we missed the first time around.

Jack Daniels is all well and good, but you've never had bourbon until youve had a tried and true Kentucky bourbon. Woodford Reserve, Angel's Envy- take your pick. There are many. During the summertime the scenery is nice as well. MAybe we'll see you over here!

David Disney

Original Poster
We were lucky enough to visit the Halloween Party too this year! For the first time it began during our summer vacation and we were able to attend on the first night - August 17th I think. It is something I didn't think I would be able to do until retirement as I teach so am limited to when we can visit WDW. Brilliant idea of yours to go at the end of October so you got to see both sets of decorations. The only Disney Park we have managed to do at Christmas is Disney Paris - which was magical - especially the lighting of the Christmas tree ceremony. Lights all dimmed on Main Street, small child from crowd chosen to throw magic dust over the tree and then one by one the shops down Main Street started to light up, fake snow fell, they blasted out "When you wish upon a star" and then finally the castle lit up. This was 20 or so years ago now but we all still remember it fondly!

We have always wanted to do the Food and Wine too at Epcot - that's a retirement plan too!

Thanks for the bourbon tips - and have a great visit in September. Give Bay Lake Towers a wave for us - I have a painting of it right here above my office desk!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom