Long Skyliner waits from Pop to HS?

Diane Hardt

I would need a change of shirt by the time I got to DHS from Boardwalk from all the sweating from the 1/2 to 1 mile walk.
Cut through the Luna park pool area. ( go down the steps to the boardwalk, turn left. Go thru the gangway to the left of wyland galleries. Go around the gated pool on the left. You’ll come out at the canal. I am 64 and 2 weeks ago pushed my husband in a manual wheelchair from our roo by the Luna pool to DHS. Not bad at all!!! Nice and flat!! ( that hill from boardwalk to the skyliner and international gateway is a killer for wheelchair pushers!!! That’s why I chose walking to dhs instead of the slightly shorter walk to the Epcot skyliner)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just Marriott guards.

The Speedway has the shortest walking path. No guards. And you can pick up some snacks.

Not if you cut thru the Luna pool area

I just posted a map above which very clearly shows that the Speedway route is the shortest. But, here is confirmation...

1601168998660.png

1601169142139.png

Ldno

I honestly don't remember what the Skyliner's hours were before shutdown. I know right now they say they are running an hour before park opening, but again, this last week when we were there they started running them earlier than an hour before. So, I would not be surprised if they re-adjust their schedule to open more than an hour before to handle crowds. I at least hope so. As it is, if you load at Pop or AoA you get on, then have to get off at the hub at Caribbean, and then get in another line to go to HS or Epcot. So, opening AoA will for sure cause higher volume.
Skyliner hours pre covid. It was faster to take a rideshare service than to rely on disney transportations at the time. I remember walking up to The skyliner at like 6:20 am to find this sign, i was ed, but honestly the rideshare service was like 4minutes away and it took like 5 mins to get to DHS from Caribbean beach, even then the busses take forever from what I hear. I was at the park right at like 6:45am this was when the park opened at 8:00am

Attachments

• 4F33497F-6A61-4A52-A27F-0097033A48B8.jpeg
    4F33497F-6A61-4A52-A27F-0097033A48B8.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 131

Jon81uk

Skyliner hours pre covid. It was faster to take a rideshare service than to rely on disney transportations at the time. I remember walking up to The skyliner at like 6:20 am to find this sign, i was ****ed, but honestly the rideshare service was like 4minutes away and it took like 5 mins to get to DHS from Caribbean beach, even then the busses take forever from what I hear. I was at the park right at like 6:45am this was when the park opened at 8:00am

If the park opened at 8am, they should have been running the Skyliner from 7am so I get some of the frustration. But arriving well over an hour before opening feels like madness to me anyway.

jalredding

We are coming the second week of November and staying at Art Of Animation and so I am really concerned about the wait times once it reopens because I believe they share the terminal with Pop correct ?

Pooh'sBuddy

We are coming the second week of November and staying at Art Of Animation and so I am really concerned about the wait times once it reopens because I believe they share the terminal with Pop correct ?
Yes. The terminal is on the bridge over Hourglass Lake. Pop enters from one side and AoA from the other, and then they feed into the terminal at CBR.

HouCuseChickie

Just Marriott guards.

With regard to Swan and Dolphin, I was curious if this was a post Covid addition to these resorts. When we stayed at the Swan, the only guards/guard shacks were at the separate parking areas off to the side. Anyone could pull up to the main entrance to the resort without going through any kind of guard checkpoint. I was just watching a video from Feb 2020 (obviously pre-Covid) for both Swan and Dolpin and it was the same way. Like I said...just curious if something has changed.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
With regard to Swan and Dolphin, I was curious if this was a post Covid addition to these resorts. When we stayed at the Swan, the only guards/guard shacks were at the separate parking areas off to the side. Anyone could pull up to the main entrance to the resort without going through any kind of guard checkpoint. I was just watching a video from Feb 2020 (obviously pre-Covid) for both Swan and Dolpin and it was the same way. Like I said...just curious if something has changed.
Well, then, Ubering to Swolphin won't be a hassle.

Tho, Speedway is still a shorter walk to DHS than the S or D.

HouCuseChickie

Well, then, Ubering to Swolphin won't be a hassle.

Tho, Speedway is still a shorter walk to DHS than the S or D.

Agreed on the walk distance...was just wondering on S&D since we may opt for it to pop through Swan for a quick grab and go breakfast before walking to the park...assuming I stick with our current lodging and don't shift to BWV. I will have my vehicle with us, but it doesn't sound like that'll be much help with the way things are currently being operated.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Agreed on the walk distance...was just wondering on S&D since we may opt for it to pop through Swan for a quick grab and go breakfast before walking to the park...assuming I stick with our current lodging and don't shift to BWV. I will have my vehicle with us, but it doesn't sound like that'll be much help with the way things are currently being operated.

While being dropped off at Swolphin won't be a hassle, parking likely will be. There's definitely a guard.

I know I'm starting to sound like I have stock in Speedway, but...

1601397127388.png

HouCuseChickie

While being dropped off at Swolphin won't be a hassle, parking likely will be. There's definitely a guard.

I know I'm starting to sound like I have stock in Speedway, but...

View attachment 501566

LOL...Speedway thanks you! We'd just be getting an Uber or Lyft to take us to the hotel entrance if we opt for this plan. After our last stay at the Swan, I NEVER want to park in their lot again. The arm and scanner to get out were constantly malfunctioning and the guard shack was rarely occupied, so nobody there to even help. Nothing like being trapped in a parking lot.

MickeyCB

Speedway is still a shorter walk to DHS than the S or D.
Is there an actual walking path from Speedway to meet up with the main path from the hotels, or just walking along the edge of the road? My husband has really bad knees and I'm trying to cut our walking down, yet would like to be at the park before the uber drivers are allowed to enter, to attempt to get on MMRR before the 10 am boarding pass dash. Thanks.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Is there an actual walking path from Speedway to meet up with the main path from the hotels, or just walking along the edge of the road? My husband has really bad knees and I'm trying to cut our walking down, yet would like to be at the park before the uber drivers are allowed to enter, to attempt to get on MMRR before the 10 am boarding pass dash. Thanks.
It's all sidewalks with landscaping on either side (except for the one crosswalk (marked as such)).

Dad 2 M & M

Yes, as @Pooh'sBuddy mentions, it is shared with Pop and located on Hourglass Bridge.

One additional item to note is busing is shared more often now than it was in the past. Pop and Aoa used to rarely share buses (about as often as the All-Stars), and after the Skyliner opened (pre-covid) there began sharing more, especially to MK/AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom