Long Skyliner waits from Pop to HS?

Jon81uk

I took Lyft to the Contemporary to eat at California Grill in January and had no problems getting in. I've also been picked up at the Boardwalk via Lyft.

I suppose things could be different right now with Covid, but under normal circumstances there's really no issue using Lyft/Uber to get to a resort.

There have been reports that you need to have a reservation (room or dinner) to drive into a resort now due to Covid they are trying to limit the number of people coming into each resort.

Mamaof5

I actually was at Pop last week, checked in on September 17th and out on September 21st. On Friday, September 18th we were going to Hollywood Studios and I too had heard about long waits at the Skyliner. As such, we decided to call a Lyft to be safe. We were picked up at Pop around 8:45 and arrived at HS shortly after. There was already a line at the entrance so we had to sit for about 15 minutes or so until they started allowing cars in. Once they started moving vehicles through the check point it was around 9:20 when we were dropped off at the front entrance. We were allowed into the park at that point and were in line for Starbucks at Trolley Car Café at around 9:30. I would say if you want to make sure you don't get held up in the Skyliner line you can call an Uber or Lyft. We did experience the Skyliner the next morning on our way to The Riviera Resort for a breakfast at Topolini's Terrace. We arrived at the Skyliner around 8:45 and were backed up around the 50's section. Again, it looks longer than it is due to spacing for social distancing. We were up to board at around 9:00, so just about 15 minutes. We did have to get off at the hub at Caribbean to then get on the one going to the Riviera, but that wasn't long either. It moves quickly. We did the Lyft on the HS day because we wanted to make sure we had every opportunity to try to get a boarding pass for RoR. Calling a Lyft gave us that opportunity. I will say I did notice that the Skyliner was running earlier on Sunday going to HS. It was already running around 8:30. We are going again in December and are booked at at AoA. I think we will depend on the Skyliner to get us to HS. We will just arrive at the Skyliner early. It's really a great means of transportation! Hope that helps some!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I would need a change of shirt by the time I got to DHS from Boardwalk from all the sweating from the 1/2 to 1 mile walk.

From the front of Epcot to American Adventure is .86 miles. How many shirts do you bring with you to Epcot? ;)

Portable fans work wonders!!

Pooh'sBuddy

I actually was at Pop last week, checked in on September 17th and out on September 21st. On Friday, September 18th we were going to Hollywood Studios and I too had heard about long waits at the Skyliner. As such, we decided to call a Lyft to be safe. We were picked up at Pop around 8:45 and arrived at HS shortly after. There was already a line at the entrance so we had to sit for about 15 minutes or so until they started allowing cars in. Once they started moving vehicles through the check point it was around 9:20 when we were dropped off at the front entrance. We were allowed into the park at that point and were in line for Starbucks at Trolley Car Café at around 9:30. I would say if you want to make sure you don't get held up in the Skyliner line you can call an Uber or Lyft. We did experience the Skyliner the next morning on our way to The Riviera Resort for a breakfast at Topolini's Terrace. We arrived at the Skyliner around 8:45 and were backed up around the 50's section. Again, it looks longer than it is due to spacing for social distancing. We were up to board at around 9:00, so just about 15 minutes. We did have to get off at the hub at Caribbean to then get on the one going to the Riviera, but that wasn't long either. It moves quickly. We did the Lyft on the HS day because we wanted to make sure we had every opportunity to try to get a boarding pass for RoR. Calling a Lyft gave us that opportunity. I will say I did notice that the Skyliner was running earlier on Sunday going to HS. It was already running around 8:30. We are going again in December and are booked at at AoA. I think we will depend on the Skyliner to get us to HS. We will just arrive at the Skyliner early. It's really a great means of transportation! Hope that helps some!
Oh, WDW is opening AoA in November. That's going to change the dynamics of wait times for Skyliner.

Mamaof5

Oh, WDW is opening AoA in November. That's going to change the dynamics of wait times for Skyliner.
Yah, supposed to be opening November 1st. I'm not convinced yet it will. Demand will for sure dictate that. But, yes it will change the dynamics, and I assume make the wait times a little longer. I'm hoping when it does open the Skyliner times (opening and closing) get adjusted accordingly.

Pooh'sBuddy

Yah, supposed to be opening November 1st. I'm not convinced yet it will. Demand will for sure dictate that. But, yes it will change the dynamics, and I assume make the wait times a little longer. I'm hoping when it does open the Skyliner times (opening and closing) get adjusted accordingly.
We're staying at Pop in December, so we're positive AoA will be open by then. You raised a good point - they may open Skyliner a little earlier because of the added demand. But, rhetorically asking, when did they open it before the shutdown? I can't say that the demand will double, but maybe the AoA demographics will double the Skyliner usage.

Mamaof5

We're staying at Pop in December, so we're positive AoA will be open by then. You raised a good point - they may open Skyliner a little earlier because of the added demand. But, rhetorically asking, when did they open it before the shutdown? I can't say that the demand will double, but maybe the AoA demographics will double the Skyliner usage.
I honestly don't remember what the Skyliner's hours were before shutdown. I know right now they say they are running an hour before park opening, but again, this last week when we were there they started running them earlier than an hour before. So, I would not be surprised if they re-adjust their schedule to open more than an hour before to handle crowds. I at least hope so. As it is, if you load at Pop or AoA you get on, then have to get off at the hub at Caribbean, and then get in another line to go to HS or Epcot. So, opening AoA will for sure cause higher volume.

PolynesianPrincess

Did the "meter" keep running on the Uber while you waited to get into the lot? We have 2 mornings planned at DHS and will probably be Ubering to the park or to Boardwalk and then walking over.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
To mapify:

The pink is where all routes meet up to go under the hiway and head to DHS.

Yellow is if Uber/Lyft drops you off at BoardWalk's guest drop off.

Green is if the BW gate won't let you in. You get out and walk from there.

OR... have Uber/Lyft drop you off at the Speedway Gas/Mart and follow the blue.

These are all valid guest walking areas and crosswalks are marked for pedestrians.

1600974794597.png

Mamaof5

Did the "meter" keep running on the Uber while you waited to get into the lot? We have 2 mornings planned at DHS and will probably be Ubering to the park or to Boardwalk and then walking over.
Our price remained the same from Pop to Hollywood Studios, even with the wait in the HS parking lot. I was quoted at about $9.62 for the trip when I requested the Lyft, and that's what amount processed on my card. We tipped pretty good too.

PolynesianPrincess

Our price remained the same from Pop to Hollywood Studios, even with the wait in the HS parking lot. I was quoted at about $9.62 for the trip when I requested the Lyft, and that's what amount processed on my card. We tipped pretty good too.

Thank you for information!! :) If we end up waiting a bit we will definitely tip well to compensate!

PolynesianPrincess

There have been reports that you need to have a reservation (room or dinner) to drive into a resort now due to Covid they are trying to limit the number of people coming into each resort.

But you can take any bus from any park to any resort.... 🤔 I see why they would be doing it that way though.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
But you can take any bus from any park to any resort.... 🤔 I see why they would be doing it that way though.

Because they don't want people going to the theme parks to park for free at the resorts to avoid the parking fee.

People taking the bus to a resort aren't taking up a parking space. People with a reservation for a restaurant at the resort aren't trying to scam free parking for the resorts.

PolynesianPrincess

Because they don't want people going to the theme parks to park for free at the resorts to avoid the parking fee.

People taking the bus to a resort aren't taking up a parking space. People with a reservation for a restaurant at the resort aren't trying to scam free parking for the resorts.
Well no, I understand that. The put the kibosh on that a few years ago. But I think if someone wants to visit a resort to have lunch there, maybe at one of the quick service locations they should be allowed to. But I also do understand that with all this COVID stuff they aren't allowing that.

Ebropez

My husband and I went to HS from pop this past Sunday. We got on line for the skyliner at Pop at 8 and there was a short line. By 830 the line had grown a good bit. We weren’t sure what time the skyliner was going to leave and we didn’t want to chance it, so we just ubered to boardwalk and walked right over. We got to boardwalk at around 845 and HS’s front gate by 855. The park opened its gates at 9:05/9:10 and we were some of the first people in; we got Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway done before 9:30!

The walk from boardwalk was super easy, on a nice mostly shaded path that starts at the front left side of the resort. When our Uber pulled to boardwalk’s gate they did ask if we had a dining resy and our driver said no, that we were walking over to HS; they hesitated for a second but let us through. Even if they hadn’t, we would have been able to access the path regardless. I highly recommend getting an Uber to boardwalk as the transfer at Caribbean beach can be a pain! Coming back to pop at the end of the night via the skyliner was pleasant and took maybe 15 mins tops.

Last edited:

MikeyK72

I took Lyft to the Contemporary to eat at California Grill in January and had no problems getting in. I've also been picked up at the Boardwalk via Lyft.

I suppose things could be different right now with Covid, but under normal circumstances there's really no issue using Lyft/Uber to get to a resort.

Agree. Under pre-COVID circumstances an Uber from resort to resort is routine. Regardless of where we stay on property, my wife and I like to eat dinner at the resort signatures so an Uber to and from dinner is our norm. Never an issue for us...and well worth the $10 or so.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom