Long Skyliner waits from Pop to HS?

oliviosis

Original Poster
I've heard from two people today that they've been hearing about long wait times to get from Pop to HS in the morning. Has anyone experienced this? One of the two said that folks are lining up at 7:30 am when the Skyliner doesn't start operating until 8:50 am! I cannot fathom having to get up early to wait over an hour just to get on the dang Skyliner and then having to wait another long period of time to get on at the transfer station. I suggested we Uber but she says they aren't allowing cars in the parking lot until 9:15 am at HS for a 10 am opening which would be fine but we're hearing they're actually letting folks in the park at 9:15. I'm trying to find out if this is accurate info and if so, the best alternatives. The only one I came up with was Uber to TTC and a bus from there but that may not save us any time!

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
Following too. I'll be at POP in less than two weeks and will be relying on Disney transportation only. I'm starting to worry about the Skyliner/DHS situation.

Wonder if Pop buses are a better option for getting to the park before opening time.

Jon81uk

Just beacuase people are lining up an hour early, doesn't mean they need to. At no point have you actually mentioned the actual wait. You might be able to rock up at 9am and board in 15 minutes time as the Skyliner does get through queues quite quickly, although with reduced capacity due to one household per cabin for covid it will be slower (but the buses have distancing issues too).

Some people are getting there early thinking they will get an advantage for Rise of the Resistance spaces, but those reports of people arriving an hour before Skyliner operates doesn't mean much. What we need a report of is the wait if you arrive at 8.45am to board the Skyliner.

Pooh'sBuddy

We are going next week so if nothing else, I’ll report back about my experience.
Following too. I'll be at POP in less than two weeks and will be relying on Disney transportation only. I'm starting to worry about the Skyliner/DHS situation.

Wonder if Pop buses are a better option for getting to the park before opening time.

Yes, pretty please report back! We're going in December, and our plans for DHS days are to drive because we're not sure what time we can actually get to DHS from Pop on the Skyliner. If they're letting people in at 9:15 but people can't park until 9:15, driving sounds futile.

Some people are getting there early thinking they will get an advantage for Rise of the Resistance spaces, but those reports of people arriving an hour before Skyliner operates doesn't mean much. What we need a report of is the wait if you arrive at 8.45am to board the Skyliner.

You hit the nail on the head.

Jimdalva

We stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort and visited Hollywood Studios on Tuesday, Sept 15. We walked over to the Skyliner at 8:15 and were #10 in line. Over the next 45 min. the line grew rather long (social distancing makes it Look longer than is really is). At 8:50 / 8:55, people started arriving from POP, and were intergraded into the existing line. It went one group from CBR then one from POP. At 9:00 they announced a delay, but it was only for 5 min. Once aloft we could see the cars were entering and for some reason were parked far to the Back of the parking lot. Temp check, security and we tapped into the park by 9:15. Still ahead of most people in cars, as they had a long walk from the back of the lot. We rode M&M Railway and R&Roller Coaster, then at 9:55 I sat down to compete for a BG for Rise. We scored a BG4, then jumped on ToT. When we came out the lines were suddenly LONG. Our BG was called right away so we walked over, but it was Down. Was told 40 min. to reset so we came back and just as we were about to board, Down again. We sat for an hour, but we did ride. Great attraction, I hope they get the bugs worked out.

UNCgolf

I haven’t Ubered from one resort to another. No issues getting past the guard?

I took Lyft to the Contemporary to eat at California Grill in January and had no problems getting in. I've also been picked up at the Boardwalk via Lyft.

I suppose things could be different right now with Covid, but under normal circumstances there's really no issue using Lyft/Uber to get to a resort.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom