Long Lost Friends v2

asianway

When will they bring out the Disney Afternoon Characters for LTM? Imagine how awesome it would be to meet:
Uncle Scrooge & Huey, Dewey, & Louie
Darkwing Duck
Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
Baloo and Louis in their TaleSpin costumes
When? Highly doubtful. Would love to be wrong though.

asianway

So while the voting is still active - with all 3 Brers being a choice, according to the DPB post, Brer Fox and Brer Bear won the vote. Does any sort of effort go into these articles?

From DPB:
During Long-Lost Friends week (July 15-21), rarely seen Disney characters will be stepping into the spotlight at Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. You’ll have the chance to get up-close and personal and enjoy photo opportunities with the friends you selected in our online poll.
So, who got the most votes?
  • From “Robin Hood”: Robin Hood, Friar Tuck, Sheriff of Nottingham and Prince John
  • From “Chicken Little”: Chicken Little and Abby Mallard
  • From “Song of the South”: Brer Bear and Brer Fox
There will also be more long-lost Disney characters to see, so be sure to visit Magic Kingdom Park July 15-21 to find out who else will be visiting during “Limited Time Magic” at the Walt Disney World Resort.
Let us know which long-lost Disney friends you can’t wait to see.

From LTM:
Reunite with Long-Lost Friends Week

July 15 to July 21, 2013

Attention Disney lovers and Character enthusiasts alike! Once again, Limited Time Magic is bringing back a few old pals for an unforgettable return to Magic Kingdom park! During Long-Lost Friends Week, some familiar faces will step back into the spotlight at Town Square on Main Street, U.S.A. Don't miss this opportunity to get up close and personal with rare Disney Characters you may have helped select in an online poll! From Robin Hood and Br'er Rabbit to Louis and Dr. Facilier from Disney's The Princess and the Frog, drop by to see who got the most votes and enjoy a few memory-making photo opportunities too.

They cant even synch the lists up.

ToyStoryMiss

I am surprised they are doing it in the middle of July when the parks are already very busy, last time was during a slower week, and it brought in a lot of additional people and made the parks busier than usual. I figured this would end up being sometime in September.

Yes, why couldn't it have been in September WHEN WE GO? :mad:

dreamfinder

When will they bring out the Disney Afternoon Characters for LTM? Imagine how awesome it would be to meet:
Uncle Scrooge & Huey, Dewey, & Louie
Darkwing Duck
Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
Baloo and Louis in their TaleSpin costumes

I know that as of 2 years ago, they still had Darkwing Duck, and Chip/Dale in their Rescue Rangers costumes kicking around. I have a picture with all 3 of them (at once!) from the 2012 Marathon.

WDWYankee15

I am surprised they are doing it in the middle of July when the parks are already very busy, last time was during a slower week, and it brought in a lot of additional people and made the parks busier than usual. I figured this would end up being sometime in September.

Yes, why couldn't it have been in September WHEN WE GO? :mad:

I would think they would try to do something like this in August since they are closing down so many rides for refurb that month. Plus August isn't "Value season" until midway through the month, so you would think they would do something to give the crowds something to occupy their time. Also this year there is no "free dining" until September, so they better come up with some good Limited Time Magic for the month of August.

lunchbox1175

LTM needs to be renamed MotTD - Most of the Time Disappointment. We'll do really cool stuff, but only for a week. I still say there is no reason for ANY of the characters to be "long-lost friends." Shameful...

I agree, a big part of the excitement and magic is seeing the characters, frankly seeing mickey gets a little old, I want to see the ones that aren't out that often, they could do something like this once a week or even a different character every week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom