"Lone Ranger Sneak Preview" at DHS

wild01ride

Original Poster
This morning I was double-checking Park Hours for our trip coming up at the end of this week and noticed that DHS lists "Lone Ranger Sneak Preview" as an "Atmosphere" event taking place every half-hour throughout the day.

LoneRanger_zpsa2e6aecd.jpg

I'm wondering if this is going to be a looping extended trailer shown on the stage/screen in front of the hat??
Anyhow, it should be fun - even after seeing the trailer multiple times, it's exciting to see again!

So far, there is no link to follow for any additional info.

I was definitely hoping that they would be doing something at WDW as well since the movie premiers at DLR this weekend.

Anyone have any more info?

wild01ride

Original Poster
Doh - sorry!
I searched in the Forums and didn't see anything. Didn't think to seach pure news.

Nevertheless, I'm interested to see the 10min. spot - should be a good tease until I get to the theater next month! :D

Scar

Wouldn't that be illegal because of the regulation that forbids studios from owning theaters?

Nope. In the late 1980's regulations were loosened again and it is no longer illegal for studios to own theaters. That said, most studios don't want the hassle and there aren't many examples out there. However, Disney does own El Capitan in Los Angeles and controls all viewings there.

PeterAlt

Nope. In the late 1980's regulations were loosened again and it is no longer illegal for studios to own theaters. That said, most studios don't want the hassle and there aren't many examples out there. However, Disney does own El Capitan in Los Angeles and controls all viewings there.
I was wondering because if a studio has a new format to test out (sound or visual), the way to really do this is to own the theater.

nytimez

I'm wondering if people are actually waiting in line to watch a movie trailer. And, if they are, if they know what they're waiting in line for - and how they'll feel when they leave the theater.

"Wait, that's it?"

wild01ride

Original Poster
I'm wondering if people are actually waiting in line to watch a movie trailer. And, if they are, if they know what they're waiting in line for - and how they'll feel when they leave the theater.

"Wait, that's it?"
I would think that if they are consciously making the decision to wait in line for something titled "Sneak Preview", they might imagine that it is only a "Preview". o_O

tissandtully

I would think that if they are consciously making the decision to wait in line for something titled "Sneak Preview", they might imagine that it is only a "Preview". o_O

Pre-screenings are sometimes referred to Sneak Previews as well. So I could see how that could be confusing. Is this in the ruins of the Sounds Dangerous theater?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom