Loews Sapphire Falls to open in summer 2016

wendysue

So because it has the boat and a TS restaurant, I'm guessing this would be classified as a "moderate"???? It still bothers me what is happening at CBBR already, hoping the price point will be high enough to keep out the trash and still low enough for impromptu trips :)

OMG...Seriously???

IndianaJones

I like it. I'm a sucker for water features. And based on the art it looks lovely. Of course we don't know very much about it at all so making snap judgements is silly. Universal hasn't done much wrong recently, so we shall see.

I wouldn't hate necessarily if this was a "moderate" of sorts. Excited to see more.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Excavation work going on at the site....

20140916_152223.jpg

Animaniac93-98

Is it just me or does anyone want these new UNI hotels to force Disney to build fitness centers in all of their resorts? They have to match UNI on an amenity like that, right?

Short answer, yes. This is one point I'll make when I get around to starting a thread on WDW's fitness centres.

Cabana Bay's Fitness centre is the best of any of the 4 UNI hotels and is included in the room rate. I wish more WDW moderates were like that.

This new hotel is supposed to be 3.5 stars in quality, inbetween Cabana Bay and the 3 deluxe properties.

Interesting that the concept art shows the water taxis, but the hotel's webpage does not mention this:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Sapphire-Falls-Resort.aspx

Scuttle

Short answer, yes. This is one point I'll make when I get around to starting a thread on WDW's fitness centres.

Cabana Bay's Fitness centre is the best of any of the 4 UNI hotels and is included in the room rate. I wish more WDW moderates were like that.

This new hotel is supposed to be 3.5 stars in quality, inbetween Cabana Bay and the 3 deluxe properties.

Interesting that the concept art shows the water taxis, but the hotel's webpage does not mention this:

https://www.universalorlando.com/Hotels/Loews-Sapphire-Falls-Resort.aspx
Correct and Loews will not rep this hotel just as they don't with Cabana.

Scuttle

I'm pretty sure it will be Loews repped. Isn't it called "Loews Sapphire Falls Resort"?

Cabana Bay is called "Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort"
Actually I think it is. My original info was that Loews would only manage it and not rep it as to not deminish the Loews brand of 4 star hotels. I guess it was too much money to pass up.

DallasDis

That's a lot of hotels for just two theme parks when land is at a premium. I know the water park is sure to add visitors, but I wonder if Universal has more coming we don't know about and this hotel is being built in anticipation?

ParentsOf4

So 5 hotels for just two parks....
With the opening of Sapphire Falls, Universal will have 5,200 onsite rooms.

Including DVC, WDW has almost 28,000 separately bookable rooms and that does not include the more than 500 at Shades of Green, 2,300 at the Swan & Dolphin, 400 at the Four Seasons, and 3,700 at the Downtown Disney hotels. Add it all together and there are 35,000 rooms on WDW property. :jawdrop:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ahhh, this must be the resort the lady was referring to when I booked Portofino.

Dang, they are going Gangbusters over there...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom