Loews Sapphire Falls Resort Construction

danpam1024

If I would book Sapphire Falls for the last week in July but construction isn't finished by that date does anyone know what the policy would be from the Universal side? I would think we would get the option to stay at Cabana Bay and given the difference in a credit or maybe a tiny discount to stay at a higher priced on-site hotel? Going to book this afternoon and will call Universal first but just thought I'd ask. Thanks!
I'm pretty sure they'd let you stay at RP (the "sister resort"). They wouldn't take reservations if it wasn't on track. I'm sure they have only taken limited reservations in case something does go wrong. They will not let it mess up your vacation, and I'm sure you'd be comped something for your inconvenience. Our room wasn't ready @ HRH one time and it was 6pm- they apologized profusely, took $100/night off our bill, and bought us dinner- without us even being mad :D. By the time we were done with dinner, our room was ready. No worries with UOR or Loew's.

RMH0013

I booked July 25. As long as the pool is filled I'm happy. Getting a little worried though. Wonder if I should book a backup

yeti

As someone who stayed at the Poly (DVC) in January and then RPR- I prefer RPR. Mainly because of the layout- I prefer the tall tower hotel vs a sprawling resort-style hotel such as the Poly. I prefered the Poly room a little more w/ the split bathroom and larger space- although its a toss-up in decoration/style IMO- I liked them both individually for what they were. They are both top notch.
The lobby of the Poly I like better (feels more themed), but nothing at the Poly gets close to beating Tchoup chop.
Did I mention RPR is almost half the price and gets free express passes? :D

They're both great, but the value is absolutely at RPR.

I'll be honest, I mainly say that out of spite for how overrated the Polynesian is, and how disappointed I am with the refurbishment that demolished gardens for wider pathways and lawns, demolished the waterfall in the lobby for foot space, ruined the tranquility of the beach with bungalows...you get the picture. I used to love the Polynesian, but I have kind of grown out of it now, especially with (and I hope this doesn't sound too snobbish) the particular clientele it attracts, -poor service at Trader Sam's and Kona Cafe, no more free lais for everyone right as you walk in....the vibes are just different there now. There are plenty of nicer resorts at WDW and elsewhere.

danpam1024

I'll be honest, I mainly say that out of spite for how overrated the Polynesian is, and how disappointed I am with the refurbishment that demolished gardens for wider pathways and lawns, demolished the waterfall in the lobby for foot space, ruined the tranquility of the beach with bungalows...you get the picture. I used to love the Polynesian, but I have kind of grown out of it now, especially with (and I hope this doesn't sound too snobbish) the particular clientele it attracts, ****-poor service at Trader Sam's and Kona Cafe, no more free lais for everyone right as you walk in....the vibes are just different there now. There are plenty of nicer resorts at WDW and elsewhere.
that is what ALL of WDW has become. Glad we got to enjoy it in it's prime :( The entire experience is just the pits, from ridiculous planning to their entitled guests. I'll take UOR ANY day.

yeti

that is what ALL of WDW has become. Glad we got to enjoy it in it's prime :( The entire experience is just the pits, from ridiculous planning to their entitled guests. I'll take UOR ANY day.

I don't feel that defeated just yet. The rides as of last week look better than they have in years, even if there aren't enough of them. Grand Floridian and AKL are still lovely. I just hate the trend of kowtowing to strollers and "big" people in electric wheelchairs by pouring more concrete.

Scuttle

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
From today

danpam1024

IDK how fast it can be done, but it doesn't look like the canal is anywhere near being ready. Is the water taxi supposed to be up and running on opening day?

Cesar R M

That's a whole lot of landscaping and oh, a canal, to finish in 2 months. If they pull this off, I'll be surprised- even for Universal. I would wager, while youll still be able to stay in a room, that things will still be "finishing" around the resort for a couple months. I also wouldn't be surprised if they offer express passes or something as compensation if construction is still very actively going on.
Has Disney ever given similar "recoups" or freebies because of construction?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom