LOD - Team Symbiosis - Official Fantasyland Work Thread

comics101

Original Poster
Back to the drawing board guys... This time, it's Fantasyland.

One idea I've got, do you guys wanna figure out the layout of the land and then split up the work by having each of us work on one or more sections? Then when we finish our section, we post it to hear the entire team's ideas on the land and make adjustments and tweaks based on team suggestions? Just a thought, I'm just wonderin if maybe that'll make things go a little quicker... idk

Anywho, Let the brainstorming begin!!!

ScorpionX

Back to the drawing board guys... This time, it's Fantasyland.

One idea I've got, do you guys wanna figure out the layout of the land and then split up the work by having each of us work on one or more sections? Then when we finish our section, we post it to hear the entire team's ideas on the land and make adjustments and tweaks based on team suggestions? Just a thought, I'm just wonderin if maybe that'll make things go a little quicker... idk

Anywho, Let the brainstorming begin!!!
I was tinhking that we have a section dedicated to Scandanavian folktales. We could have Maelstrom, and The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Voyage.

plutoismyhero

OK sorry ive been absent work and school.
So i was thinkin since it said we have to re-imagine its a small world why dont we take your guys idea of making it an american attraction where you view a bunch of USA landmarks

fabroman

So i was thinkin since it said we have to re-imagine its a small world why dont we take your guys idea of making it an american attraction where you view a bunch of USA landmarks

Serious??
I covered that already for Main Street. Good try.

ScorpionX

Then, it would have to be called it's a small country.

fabroman

Attraction Idea.....

Ok guys, since no one else is going to say this, I guess I will......

My idea for an attraction for this new Fantasy Land is build a Matterhorn ride there. Serious.

It always sucks, that people that only go to DisneyWorld can't ride the Matterhorn, and it seems very iconic to Disney parks.

So let that idea sink into your minds for a while.....

Also, if that idea doesn't rock you guys, I have another idea for a coaster/volcano that i drew up a while ago.

ScorpionX

If we put the Matterhorn Bobsleds in Fantasyland, we can make it the version from 1959, without the yeti. That way, we can put Expedition: Everest in Adventureland, as it is.

comics101

Original Poster
Okay guys, I'm headin outta town on Tuesday so I'm just gonna go ahead and post the way I think Fantasyland should look.

I think Fantasyland should be divided up into a bunch of mini-lands...

Castle Forecourt

Basically the "Main Street" of Fantasyland. This section of FL is inside the castle walls, and would be themed to look very similar to Mickeyville (http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/11/mickey-ville-toon-town-that-never-was.html). In this area you'll find the Carousel, a restaurant or two, some shops, and possibly a couple of darkrides, although that really depends on how big we decide this section should be.

Enchanted Forest

Even before the FL-expansion I've always wanted Fantasyland to have a "Fantasy Forest" theme. The Enchanted Forest is divided by sub-lands, A Beauty and the Beast section (complete w/restaurant, e-ticket, shops, and M&G's...), a sort of generic Princess section (Cinderella Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel M&G's, plus 7 Dwarfs kiddie-coaster/dark ride, Little Mermaid e-ticket, possible restaurants, shops,etc. It's basically what's getting built in the FL expansion), a Villians section (Bald Mountain rollercoaster(instead of Matterhorn, e-ticket show feat. a comedic Magic Mirror as host, Poison Apple restaurant, M&G's, etc.), an Adventure section (Robin Hood e-ticket, Sword in the Stone attraction, Merlin M&G, restaurants, etc.), and Wonderland (Alice ride, M&G's, Queen of Hearts restaurant and shops).

Essentially, the Enchanted Forest is what's going to tie the bulk of FL together, as anything beyond the Castle Forecourt could technically be located int he forest.

Neverland

Located to the left of the castle, Neverland works as a transistion land from FL to AL. Here, you'll find a much, much more elaborate Peter Pan darkride, a 4D Fairies (Tinkerbelle) show, the Lost Boys treehouse, the Jolly Roger, and an Indian camp.

Storybook Land

This is everything storybook. Really, this land could probably be done away with thinking about it, and we could just expand the Castle Forecourt to include a few of these attractions, but essentially in this section you'd find the Muppet Classic Theatre (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Classic_Theater) with original stories (not a carbon copy of the movie), a Mickey, Donald, and Goofy darkride (staring in "Jack and the Beanstalk", "The 3 Muskateers", and "The Prince and the Pauper"), and a Silly Symphonies darkride (feat. the Tortoise and the Hare, the Three Little Pigs and a brand new "Silly Symphony", Little Red Riding Hood).

Circus Town

Dumbo's Circus has just come to town. This land would include the classic Dumbo ride (with the two spinner set-up), a Mickey's Funhouse darkride, a LCI Dumbo M&G, and a Casey Jr. kiddie coaster.

That's just my ideas. I'll expand on them tomorrow hopefully, and I guess while I'm gone you guys can do what you'd like with it...

edit: I've been thinking, the Silly Symphonies ride should become our version of ISaW. So basically, you'd have a slow boat ride through classic stories (3 Little Pigs, Tortois and the Hare, Little Red Riding hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc) done in the Mary Blair style. Of course the attraction would need a new name, but I think it'd work better with the theme of the land than ISaW does. I always felt ISaW was out of place in FL...

ScorpionX

Okay guys, I'm headin outta town on Tuesday so I'm just gonna go ahead and post the way I think Fantasyland should look.

I think Fantasyland should be divided up into a bunch of mini-lands...

Castle Forecourt

Basically the "Main Street" of Fantasyland. This section of FL is inside the castle walls, and would be themed to look very similar to Mickeyville (http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2008/11/mickey-ville-toon-town-that-never-was.html). In this area you'll find the Carousel, a restaurant or two, some shops, and possibly a couple of darkrides, although that really depends on how big we decide this section should be.

Enchanted Forest

Even before the FL-expansion I've always wanted Fantasyland to have a "Fantasy Forest" theme. The Enchanted Forest is divided by sub-lands, A Beauty and the Beast section (complete w/restaurant, e-ticket, shops, and M&G's...), a sort of generic Princess section (Cinderella Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Ariel M&G's, plus 7 Dwarfs kiddie-coaster/dark ride, Little Mermaid e-ticket, possible restaurants, shops,etc. It's basically what's getting built in the FL expansion), a Villians section (Bald Mountain rollercoaster(instead of Matterhorn, e-ticket show feat. a comedic Magic Mirror as host, Poison Apple restaurant, M&G's, etc.), an Adventure section (Robin Hood e-ticket, Sword in the Stone attraction, Merlin M&G, restaurants, etc.), and Wonderland (Alice ride, M&G's, Queen of Hearts restaurant and shops).

Essentially, the Enchanted Forest is what's going to tie the bulk of FL together, as anything beyond the Castle Forecourt could technically be located int he forest.

Neverland

Located to the left of the castle, Neverland works as a transistion land from FL to AL. Here, you'll find a much, much more elaborate Peter Pan darkride, a 4D Fairies (Tinkerbelle) show, the Lost Boys treehouse, the Jolly Roger, and an Indian camp.

Storybook Land

This is everything storybook. Really, this land could probably be done away with thinking about it, and we could just expand the Castle Forecourt to include a few of these attractions, but essentially in this section you'd find the Muppet Classic Theatre (http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Muppet_Classic_Theater) with original stories (not a carbon copy of the movie), a Mickey, Donald, and Goofy darkride (staring in "Jack and the Beanstalk", "The 3 Muskateers", and "The Prince and the Pauper"), and a Silly Symphonies darkride (feat. the Tortoise and the Hare, the Three Little Pigs and a brand new "Silly Symphony", Little Red Riding Hood).

Circus Town

Dumbo's Circus has just come to town. This land would include the classic Dumbo ride (with the two spinner set-up), a Mickey's Funhouse darkride, a LCI Dumbo M&G, and a Casey Jr. kiddie coaster.

That's just my ideas. I'll expand on them tomorrow hopefully, and I guess while I'm gone you guys can do what you'd like with it...

edit: I've been thinking, the Silly Symphonies ride should become our version of ISaW. So basically, you'd have a slow boat ride through classic stories (3 Little Pigs, Tortois and the Hare, Little Red Riding hood, Hansel and Gretel, etc) done in the Mary Blair style. Of course the attraction would need a new name, but I think it'd work better with the theme of the land than ISaW does. I always felt ISaW was out of place in FL...
Here is my attraction roster idea with your sublands:

Castle Forecourt:
  • Tiana's Castle
  • King Arthur's Golden Carousel
  • Mickey Mouse Musical Revue (new and improved, presented in the Fantasyland Concerto Theatre)
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • Magic Journeys
  • Tiana's Bayou Voyage
  • Basil's Mysterious Case
Enchanted Forest:
  • Skyway to Tomorrowland
  • Beauty & the Beast -Live on Stage!
  • Cinderella's Journey to the Ball
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures
  • Sleeping Beauty's Great Snooze
  • The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Voyage
  • Bald Mountain
  • Villains Tonight!
  • Robin Hood's Adventures in Sherwood Forest
  • The Sword in the Stone
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Mad Tea Party
Neverland:
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • The Best of Tinker Bell & Friends in 4D
  • The Lost Boys' Treehouse
  • Sailing Ship Jolly Roger
  • Tiger Lilly's Indian Camp
Storybookland:
  • Jim Henson's Muppet Classic Theatre
  • The Fab Three's Mideival Adventures
  • Silliy Symphonies in Movement
  • Maelstrom
  • Storybookland Canal Boats
  • it's a small world
Circus Town:
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Mickey's Funhouse
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train

comics101

Original Poster
Here is my attraction roster idea with your sublands:

Castle Forecourt:
  • Tiana's Castle
  • King Arthur's Golden Carousel
  • Mickey Mouse Musical Revue (new and improved, presented in the Fantasyland Concerto Theatre)
  • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
  • Magic Journeys
  • Tiana's Bayou Voyage
  • Basil's Mysterious Case
Enchanted Forest:
  • Skyway to Tomorrowland
  • Beauty & the Beast -Live on Stage!
  • Cinderella's Journey to the Ball
  • Snow White's Scary Adventures
  • Sleeping Beauty's Great Snooze
  • The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Voyage
  • Bald Mountain
  • Villains Tonight!
  • Robin Hood's Adventures in Sherwood Forest
  • The Sword in the Stone
  • Alice in Wonderland
  • Mad Tea Party
Neverland:
  • Peter Pan's Flight
  • The Best of Tinker Bell & Friends in 4D
  • The Lost Boys' Treehouse
  • Sailing Ship Jolly Roger
  • Tiger Lilly's Indian Camp
Storybookland:
  • Jim Henson's Muppet Classic Theatre
  • The Fab Three's Mideival Adventures
  • Silliy Symphonies in Movement
  • Maelstrom
  • Storybookland Canal Boats
  • it's a small world
Circus Town:
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Mickey's Funhouse
  • Casey Jr. Circus Train

I'm not really sure I understand why the castle is Tiana's. Maybe I'm just being picky, but the Tiana and a castle really don't go together, considering that TP&F was an American fairytale. Really, I don't know that TP&F should be in FL at all. I'm thinking that there should probably be a "Dixieland" or a "Bayou Country" or something along those lines that would include TP&F characters. I suppose that we could include a Bayou in the Enchanted Forest, but again, I'm not really seein that simply bc Fantasyland tends to have a more European theme. That's just me. I would say that Tiana probably wouldn't be the best Princess to base a castle around though.

I really don't know which Princess to choose for the castle actually. Personally, I'm kinda leaning towards B&tB, but I'm not sure. Maybe we should have a more generic "Disneyland Castle". We could also go ahead and have a redesigned "Cinderella" or a "Sleeping Beauty" caslte... Idk.

As for the attraction roster, here's a semi-detailed list of what I'm thinkin...

Castle Forecourt
  • Fantasyland Castle
  • Fantasyland Carousel
  • Muppet Classic Theatre - The Great Gonzo and Rizzo the Rat narrarate classic fairytales with Kermit & Co. in the lead parts. I'm not sure which stories we should use yet, but we can easily go through that later...
  • The Three Muskateers/Jack and the Beanstalk/The Prince and the Pauper (needs a name) -Join Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on a musical dark ride through classic Fairytale stories. The ride would be narrated by the Turtle from "The Three Muskateers" movie, and would be done as if you were going into a storybook (kinda like Winnie the Pooh).
  • Silly Symphonies Canal Boats (name in progress) - Our replacement for It's a Small World, but with Fairytales. Basically, it's classic fairytale stories told in Mary Blair-style to brand new music.
Enchanted Forest

Beauty & the Beast
  • Be Our Guest - Lumiere has decided to open up the "Dining Room" for business in this Tiki-Room style show. The show would feature songs from the movie and brand new original songs/characters made especially for the show. Halfway through the show, the Beast would discover there are intruders in his castle, and a CM dressed as Beast would storm onto the stage (located in the center of the room, as it is in Tiki-Room) in all his rage (the mouth on the Beast would move, allowing it to appear as though he were actually talking. Belle would then come onto the stage calming him down, and the two would then dance as Mrs. Potts sings Beauty and the Beast.
  • Belle, Beast, Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and Chip M&G's -This is pretty self explanitory. Lumiere, Cogsworth, Mrs. Potts, and Chip will all be LCI.
Princess
  • Cinderella M&G - same as in Fantasyland Expansion
  • Sleeping Beauty M&G - same as in Fantasyland Expansion
  • 7 Dwarfs Minecar Kiddiecoaster (name in progress)- A dark ride/kiddiecoaster past scenes from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
  • The Little Mermaid - E-ticket, similar to the one int he Fantasyland Expansion but much more elaborate. Characters will be very animated, scenes will be very detailed, and the vehicle will hang from the ceiling, allowing you to "dive" into the sea with Ariel and her friends.
  • Ariel and Sebastion M&G - Sebastion will be LCI
Villians
  • A Night on Bald Mountain - Based on the short from Fantasia, the rollercoaster will be very similar to the Matterhorn, but rather than an encounter with the Yeti, you'll meet Chernabog.
  • How to Be A Villian - Basically, I wanna turn this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZgEzo1Eh-Q (fastfoward to about 8:30) into a 4D show about Disney's Greatest Villains. I want the Magic Mirror to be almost exactly like that, live action and sarcastic. I think this could work really, really well.
  • Nightmare Before Christmas - e-ticket darkride. Pretty self-explanitory...
  • The Poison Apple - The one Restaurant I know for sure I want included. Dine amongst props from Disney characters you love to hate
That's it for now guys... This is taking longer than I thought it would. I'll be back later tonight/tomorrow to finish up how I would do things. Feel free to add/take away anything you think we should...

Sassagoula-Rvr

I don't have the time to do this anymore :(, my summer plans suddenly became much more active than I originally thought they would be...I'm so sorry!!

ScorpionX

I don't have the time to do this anymore , my summer plans suddenly became much more active than I originally thought they would be...I'm so sorry!!
This leaves me, comics101, plutoismyhero, and fabroman to work on Fantasyland. I will now take the oath of president of Team Symbiosis:

I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of Team Symbiosis, and will to the best of my Ability, to preserve, protect and defend the Four Noble Truths of Walt Disney Imagineering. I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Four Noble Truths of Walt Disney Imagineering against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. I do solemnly swear that I will administer justice without respect to persons, and do equal right to the poor and to the rich, and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge and perform all the duties incumbent on me, according to the best of my abilities and understanding, agreeably to the Four Noble Truths, and tricks of Walt Disney Imagineering. I solemnly swear that I will support the Four Noble Truths of Walt Disney Imagineering, and the Four Theme Parks of the Resort of Walt Disney World, and the Council of the City of Lake Buena Vista, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of the office of mayor of the City of Lake Buena Vista to the best of my ability. So help me Mickey Mouse.

fabroman

layout and ideas for Fantasyland...

From what Comics101 put out there, I really think it's coming together. I like the idea of an enchanted forest, and the all around themed areas inside of a themed area.

Especially Wonderland.
And the use of the Matterhorn under a new premise.

But one thing I would like to add in, and agree with, would be that fact that like kermitdefrog, I would also like to see the Skyway to tomorrowland in Enchanted Forest....

As of this, I have nothing further to add, and think everything sounds awesome...!

comics101

Original Poster
If the majority of the team wants it I don't wanna argue, but I've never understood the Skyway. It's rather dull and boring, it's a major eyesore... I'm just saying. We can add it I suppose. Is there anyway we can maybe come up with a new version of skyway? One that's a little more visually appealing and unique to Disney?

comics101

Original Poster
Sassagoula, I say stay and contribute what you can. It's better to have a member that's able to contribute a little bit of the time than not having a member at all... Plus, I'm leaving tomorrow for vacation, so that means we'll be two short...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom