Lock-off?

Janir

You got it in 1.
Usually a deluxe studio is connected to a 1 bedroom unit. If you are booking a 2 bedroom they can assign you one ofbth3se setuos and unlock the adjoining door. making tye 1 bedroom now a 2 bedroom.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
You got it in 1.
Usually a deluxe studio is connected to a 1 bedroom unit. If you are booking a 2 bedroom they can assign you one ofbth3se setuos and unlock the adjoining door. making tye 1 bedroom now a 2 bedroom.
Ok thanks! Hoping to connect 2-2 BR’s.

CaptainAmerica

A GV is way more points than 2 2-beds. And the two 2-beds give four bedrooms, so a better sleeping configuration for many people, plus they would have a much larger capacity overall.
And two kitchens. And four full bathrooms.

I can't think of any reason why you'd rather have a GV than two two bedrooms.

GoofyCathy

Original Poster
And two kitchens. And four full bathrooms.

I can't think of any reason why you'd rather have a GV than two two bedrooms.
We like the GV because we’re all together. But it’s nice for everyone to have their own rooms...so I thought 2-2BR’s would be good and really nice if they’re connecting. We’ll see!

CaptainAmerica

We like the GV because we’re all together. But it’s nice for everyone to have their own rooms...so I thought 2-2BR’s would be good and really nice if they’re connecting. We’ll see!
No, two connecting 2BRs don't exist anywhere on WDW property. "Lock off" refers to one studio and one 1BR that combine to form a single 2BR. There are zero adjacent 2BRs that connect to one another.

slappy magoo

No, two connecting 2BRs don't exist anywhere on WDW property. "Lock off" refers to one studio and one 1BR that combine to form a single 2BR. There are zero adjacent 2BRs that connect to one another.
Right. If the OP thought a 2BR lock-off meant there might be a 2BR unit that could connect to another 2BR unit, that does not exist, not in a DVC resort anyway. I suspect if they did, they'd be in huge demand because as has been said, what big party wouldn't want 2 connecting 2BR units as opposed to a Grand Villa that would have lower capacity, fewer bathrooms yet still use more points?

CaptainAmerica

What big party wouldn't want 2 connecting 2BR units as opposed to a Grand Villa that would have lower capacity, fewer bathrooms yet still use more points?
What do you gain from it being connecting? I agree that big parties would like two 2BR units, but what difference does it make if they're connecting or not?

slappy magoo

What do you gain from it being connecting? I agree that big parties would like two 2BR units, but what difference does it make if they're connecting or not?
Apparently you're not familiar with a little concept I like to call "cults."

Not really, what I was mainly thinking of are ridiculously big families where there is a lot of co-parenting/guardian-ing. Even then it's probably not often necessary so much as a feeling of proximity and community

CaptainAmerica

Apparently you're not familiar with a little concept I like to call "cults."

Not really, what I was mainly thinking of are ridiculously big families where there is a lot of co-parenting/guardian-ing. Even then it's probably not often necessary so much as a feeling of proximity and community
We're going with 10 this summer in three separate FW Cabins. If we were all physically in the same unit we might murder each other.

slappy magoo

We're going with 10 this summer in three separate FW Cabins. If we were all physically in the same unit we might murder each other.
No I get it, that level of closeness isn't for everyone, but other people thrive with that sense of community (see the aforementioned "cults"). Believe me, I'm not saying DVC needs to figure out a way to make every single configuration of lock off. I would not prefer to be in a 2BR with a connecting door to another 2BR, even if I had a party of 16-18 people which I probably will never have. But if there were a supply, I'm sure there'd be a demand.

Lensman

Thinking about it, with another family that we enjoyed traveling with a lot, I could see a couple of scenarios where it would be cool to have connecting 2-bedrooms. The kids could all be in living room 1 watching Puppy Dog Pals while the parents could be watching Father Brown in living room 2. And for a number of reasons I could see not wanting the younger kids wandering between rooms outside vs inside.

OTOH, I don't see how the room connection could be designed given 2-bedroom layouts and building layouts. I guess you could have the two kids bedrooms connected. Or I guess you could have the two master bedrooms connected... 🤔 I may have to discuss some additional scenarios with my wife...

Edit: She says: No additional scenarios or connecting master bedrooms.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom