Location of Rock n RollerCoaster

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
You might be wondering why RnR was placed so close to ToT along the already crowded Sunset Blvd when the other side of the park is becoming somewhat deserted. The answer is the power supply. RnR uses so much power that it had to be sited close to a major power sub station near to a supply feed that was already in place near to Tower of Terror.

Al

Originally posted by wdwmagic
You might be wondering why RnR was placed so close to ToT along the already crowded Sunset Blvd when the other side of the park is becoming somewhat deserted. The answer is the power supply. RnR uses so much power that it had to be sited close to a major power sub station near to a supply feed that was already in place near to Tower of Terror.

I actually did wonder why they chose to put 2 big rides together. Thanks for the info! :D

DisneyCP2000

I believe Disney also has a story that connects the two attractions together too. Someone told me a story that one of the people in the elevator was an actress/singer, and used the RnRc studio to do her filming/recording.

Has anyone else heard of this story? :confused:

isnet396

Originally posted by DisneyCP2000
I believe Disney also has a story that connects the two attractions together too. Someone told me a story that one of the people in the elevator was an actress/singer, and used the RnRc studio to do her filming/recording.

Has anyone else heard of this story? :confused:

I doubt that the two attractions have anything to do with each other. ToT is from the '30s, RnR from ...today. I doubt "GForce Records" even existed back then anyway :D

DisneyJill

The little girl in the ToT was the actress. I don't think she was a singer. If you saw the Tower of Terror movie with Kirsten Dunst and Steve Guttenberg, it told who all the characters were. The bellman, the little girl, her nanny, and I forget about the man and the woman. It's been a while since I've seen it. They were trying to get to a fancy club at the top of the hotel though, I remember that part. But I do remember that it was the little girl that was the actress, and I don't think that she did a lot of recording at "G-Force Records"

SirNim

Originally posted by isnet396
I doubt that the two attractions have anything to do with each other. ToT is from the '30s, RnR from ...today. I doubt "GForce Records" even existed back then anyway :D
Yeah..

The thing is that thematically, these two attractions CAN reside side-by-side together at the end of Sunset Blvd...

After all, the TOT can be set in present day (it's an old desolate abandoned hotel in Hollywood...)
and in the real Hollywood, everything can be near everything.. old famous haunts of the stars can be right next to modern day recording studios... ;)

well.. regardless of whether I am right in my assertions displayed above, this is an interesting bit of information!

Thaks Steve! :wave: :D

isnet396

Originally posted by DisneyJill
The little girl in the ToT was the actress. I don't think she was a singer. If you saw the Tower of Terror movie with Kirsten Dunst and Steve Guttenberg, it told who all the characters were. The bellman, the little girl, her nanny, and I forget about the man and the woman. It's been a while since I've seen it. They were trying to get to a fancy club at the top of the hotel though, I remember that part. But I do remember that it was the little girl that was the actress, and I don't think that she did a lot of recording at "G-Force Records"

Wow. They really butchered that movie...bad. I didn't get it at ALL....

JLW11Hi

Is this the same reason that Mission:Space is being built beside Test Track? I mean, besides the fact they were going to make a space ride here years ago? because I heard that there was some sort of "power station" or something over in that area of Epcot...back behind Test Track...wasn't this where the fire was from last year?

isnet396

I think they built it there because....they just knocked down whatever was there before it....a big shiney pavilion is much cooler than just...grass.

RobVanDam

If i remember correctly , The story was they were going to a party on the top of the hotel.. The party was being thrown by G-Force Records... Kinda makes sense, I'm checking another WDW Secrets site as we speak to see if they say anything about it.

magicjay1989

G-Force records, a record company
that was started in the 1930s. G-Force was know for attracting the music elite
and became a growing force in the industry. Things however took a turn for the worse on Halloween 1939. While throwing a party at the neighboring Hollywood
Tower Hotel (Tower of Terror), a strange incident occurred and five hotel guests
disappeared. The hotel was abandoned and G-Force fell on hard times. When
the Hollywood Tower Hotel reopened, G-Force too began to reemerge and rebuilt the existing studio, adding a giant Stratocaster as it's icon. Today at G-Force many of the top recording stars can be found using the state of the art facilities.

Mikejakester

Is this the same reason that Mission:Space is being built beside Test Track? I mean, besides the fact they were going to make a space ride here years ago? because I heard that there was some sort of "power station" or something over in that area of Epcot...back behind Test Track...wasn't this where the fire was from last year?

nope. i really don't think so... (then again I might be wrong)
But I do know this.

horizons had a structural problem in which it was in danger of collapsing. So they just replace horizons with MS,

I just wonder if Horizons would not had the structural problems that it had, would it still be there?

RobVanDam

Originally posted by Mikejakester
But I do know this.

horizons had a structural problem in which it was in danger of collapsing. So they just replace horizons with MS,

I just wonder if Horizons would not had the structural problems that it had, would it still be there?

Most likely, I don't see why it wouldnt.. But then again, couldn't they have just built a new building for horizons? So maybe it wasn't getting the right amount of people to ride during the last stages ... It would greatly be appreciated if anyone has the times of the queue during the final stages of Horzions..

HebeJebe

"The story opens on Halloween, 1939 in the upscale Hollywood Towers Hotel. Five people, including a famous child star and her nanny, disappear in a mysterious elevator accident on their way to a party on the twelfth floor. The tragedy forces the hotel to close and in the years that follow, the mystery continues to haunt people. Sixty years later, a disgraced reporter (Steve Guttenberg) wants to solve the mystery in order to get himself reinstated at his newspaper. With the help of his niece (Kirsten Dunst) the two unravel a tale of ghosts and magic spells and finally solve the old mystery."

The movie doesn't mention G-Force Records.

jmarc63

I was just wondering if they could have extended the power line to the other side or did it wind up beinbg not cost effictive, assuming that they would build other attractions in that area to need the direct feed.

jmarc63

Originally posted by Mikejakester
But I do know this.

From what I recall, Disney wanted to close horizions for a while, rumors of M:S started to surface, The thought was to reuse the Horizions building for M:S, But then the structual problems became apparent and that Idea was droped infavor of starting from scratch which was easier and more cost effective in the long run.

From the inception the plot where Horizions was was Built and where M:S now stands was always invisioned for a space pavilion back in the 70s and shelved due to technological drawbacks to creating there original vision. With that in mind the power subststion on the east side of EPCOT was probably put where it as in consideration of the attraction needing lots of power

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom