Living Wage

hipwave

Original Poster
How much did you make starting out at Walt Disney World? I will have a roommate but when I finish calculating rent, car insurance, phone bill, groceries, etc. I am getting pretty much left with nothing. Can you afford to live in Orlando comfortably on Disney pay?

rk03221

Barely, you make $10 an hour you will probably need more roommates. When I was working there full time 40 hrs a week I literally had nothing to spend, it sucks thats why I and many others left. Its not a bad place to work but the pay isnt livable at all

Lucky

How much did you make starting out at Walt Disney World? I will have a roommate but when I finish calculating rent, car insurance, phone bill, groceries, etc. I am getting pretty much left with nothing. Can you afford to live in Orlando comfortably on Disney pay?
By Disney pay do you mean CM pay or Iger pay?

Nulyte

My husband works FT for Disney , they are working 66 hours a week and he brings home roughly $600 a week. Most of the guys he works with state over and over again without the mandatory OT they wouldn't make their bills. He will bring home less when the benefits kick in. We live right outside the MK within 2 miles and rent is Apprx $2000/month... it's not a livable wage, many people work there just for the perks and many others have 2-3 jobs. Living in another county may be cheaper.

Last edited:

Nulyte

Oh I absolutely agree, Orlando rents and cost of living are expensive. I'm the main breadwinner for our family so that's why my husband works for Disney , for the perks , not the pay.

rk03221

Heck I make 13 an hour and can barely get by around here and I have a second job, i dont live above my means at all. Central FL is becoming a lot like SoCal, over populated and over priced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom