Living Seas

brycedisney

Original Poster
what did anyone think of the living seas?I mean my family use to go to it but it got kinda old.I still think it was kool,but there was just better stuff to go too.Living with the Land is still one of my favorite attraction even thogh they have been around for about the same time.

Scooter

I think I'm one of the few that people in this Discussion Board that still enjoys The Living Seas Pavillion.

That giant aquariam still impresses the heck out of me.:eek:

Living in Illinois, I don't get many chances to see Manatees
so going to The Living Seas to see them is pretty cool for my wife and I.:)

What I enjoy most though is the looks on the childrens faces when they see the Giant Fish Tank for the first time.

While I agree that it's not Sea World...It's still pretty awesome when you think about it.

howlin_mad

I think it's still a cool place and great way to beat the heat and crowds during the summer. The two former preshows and ride may be a bit outdated and in need of upgrade, but otherwise it's still a neat place.

Wishingtree

I think this is still a great attraction and still a must see for every visit, even if it is in need of some updating. Is the ride section still closed?? The movie could be redone, but there isn't much that could really be done with the tank area. Since this is in future world, maybe conceptual exhibits on future methods of exploration, displays of new technology.

Would the pavilion be too small to add a Star Tours style simulator with a mini sub theme?? Disney has used the ride system twice already and would only need a film to sync the ride to. Any other ideas????

Jim

NowInc

I personally dont see it as anything more than a glorified fish tank...they really need to do something with that place...

fjulie1

I was completely disappointed with the living seas aquarium. Maybe I had high expectations, but I didn't see much worthwhile in the experience.:(

WDW-Imagineer

I actually enjoy Living Seas. I'm really into the slow, "Omni-Mover"-Based rides (Spaceship Earth, TTA (although not omni-mover) and I enjoy the short ride through the aquarium.

Living Seas & The Land are the last of the non-thrill ride pavillions and I hope they stay that way. I think each park should keep a few quiet & relaxing rides/pavilions.

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer
I actually enjoy Living Seas. I'm really into the slow, "Omni-Mover"-Based rides (Spaceship Earth, TTA (although not omni-mover) and I enjoy the short ride through the aquarium.

Living Seas & The Land are the last of the non-thrill ride pavillions and I hope they stay that way. I think each park should keep a few quiet & relaxing rides/pavilions.

hmm..werent the omnimovers removed from the living seas?

NowInc

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

I know they stopped using them recently, not quite sure if they removed them.

Not sure here either..i havnt stepped foot in the building in a llllllooooooooooong time...

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by NowInc

Not sure here either..i havnt stepped foot in the building in a llllllooooooooooong time...

According to the site:

22 October 2001: Living Seas changes

Until further notice there will no longer be a ride portion of the living seas, you will go directly from the movie to Seabase Alpha.

The reason for the closure appears to be due to budget cuts.

I think it would be silly to completely remove the ride portion because you really can't do anything with it except make it a walk-thru... which the ride basically is now. I'd personally like to see it up and running again. Relaxing ride... much like my favorite: Tomorrowland Transit Authority!

Jodigrl328

I was there in january and didn't know about the ride closure. I was like, what happened??? Did they skip a part??? :( What a ripoff. I like to look at the aquarium for a few minutes, but without the ride it is even more boring. Oh well. What can you do???

pixiedust32

I like the Living Seas - but not as a must see attraction

I am not that please w/them taking out the Sea Cab ride - it was to save money - but it takes away the "attraction aspect of the pavillion and I'm sad about that - but there is no better picture then out front w/Spaceship Earth in the background w/the Monorail just passing by!

:sohappy:

foxfire

It's okay, a good way to beat the crowds and duck out of the rain. I always skip over the movies though and go straight to the show area. It's falling apart though, last time I was there the "concrete" paper that makes it look like the elevator is moving was falling apart.

bearboysnc

quote " Living Seas & The Land are the last of the non-thrill ride pavillions and I hope they stay that way. I think each park should keep a few quiet & relaxing rides/pavilions."

OK, I can see how you could consider the Imagination Pavilion, a "thrill ride"pavilion. But you think the Universe of Energy is a thrill ride?

It was cutting edge when it opened, but, these days you can find Aquariums around the nation that are much better than the Living Seas.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by bearboysnc
OK, I can see how you could consider the Imagination Pavilion, a "thrill ride"pavilion. But you think the Universe of Energy is a thrill ride?

It was cutting edge when it opened, but, these days you can find Aquariums around the nation that are much better than the Living Seas.

It was kinda more of a figurative statement. Its just that the general "fad" at Epcot is to turn the quiet pavillions into thrill rides. Its happened to World of Motion & Horizons... its just that I hate to see it happen to more pavillions. Now, this doesn't mean I hate thrill rides... in fact I love them... its just that I enjoy a nice relaxing ride every once in a while. I will ride any rollercoaster on this planet, yet my favorite ride in the whole world is Tomorrowland Transit Authority... so go figure.

Me too, Me too, Me too!!! I'm really more of a relaxer than an intense thrill rider cause it's just more fun to me. I definitely agree about replacing dark rides w/ thrill rides...it's just not right (even though I don't necessarilly mind getting a thrill or two now and then :slurp:

tenchu

If they can just keep the balance right then its fine. If they start ripping out everything that isn't a thrill ride, where will we be then?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom