Living Sea 2.0 article

speck76

Connor002 said:
Hmm... I guess it would also be difficult to speculate on who could sponsor it. It also must be hard to explain to stockholders and employees why you would be spend so much for it.
Advertising.....product placement....or a "trade-off with WDW"

Coke, Kodak, GP....they are sponsors to get their products in the park, and keep their competitor's products out of the park.

Kuka (Rockin Robots), SPE (Fantastic Plastic Works), HP.....they are sponsors to get their name and purposed recognized.....they are not selling anything at WDW, but it is publicity.

Connor002

speck76 said:
Advertising.....product placement....or a "trade-off with WDW"

Coke, Kodak, GP....they are sponsors to get their products in the park, and keep their competitor's products out of the park.

Kuka (Rockin Robots), SPE (Fantastic Plastic Works), HP.....they are sponsors to get their name and purposed recognized.....they are not selling anything at WDW, but it is publicity.

But I imagine that they could use different mediums to get their name out there more efficently if they wished.

speck76

Connor002 said:
But I imagine that they could use different mediums to get their name out there more efficently if they wished.
yes....although advertising in a theme park gets a "targeted" audiance

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Connor002 said:
Hmm. I just googled it, but I must say that I've never heard of them before. Has there been any news as to whether or not there is a new sponsor?

I was shocked that you've never heard of UT. Then I saw you're only 14, so I'll let it go. :wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
If you search and dig up the old thread I made to countdown to Sea's closure, the influence of UT on Seas is touched on. Essentially they seemed like an odd fit, but then they make enviromental system (of which Seas is a marvel - even to this day) and elevators ;)

DarkMeasures

Living Seas never got stale for me... but then again I only visit it every 5 years and I am late...

But I should be going to Disney in June and I really want to check out the new Epcot.

Plus, in reality, the Seas will always serve the original purpose of Epcot. The only way it couldn't would be if all the fishes were replaced with fake thingys that look quite unlike fishes.

But it also good news that the omnimover is getting extended track. It would have been better otherwise to have just turned the corridoor into a walkway. (it's that short).

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I do want to point out, that while Grizz and dtroops both sometimes have good sources, i nor anyone else i trust information from has any corroboration on the rumored project. The lips are sealed and we'll have to wait and see. I remain optimistic though.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
If you search and dig up the old thread I made to countdown to Sea's closure, the influence of UT on Seas is touched on. Essentially they seemed like an odd fit, but then they make enviromental system (of which Seas is a marvel - even to this day) and elevators ;)

And they also make money by the boatloads.

Chernabog

I view this rehab as something kinda bitter-sweet. I agree that TLS was a little past it's prime and this new rumored budget has me all sorts of excited, however that means that i won't be able to sit quietly in one of the windows and read or draw or think. But that's just me being selfish i guess. Oh well, guess i'll have to find a new quiet spot in the park. I am glad though that more people will be drawn to this wonderful attraction. it's one of my favorites in Epcot.

lnsemsf

I'm hoping in the new Seas, you can just go in without dealing with all the pre-shows, hydrolators, etc. Since 1994 I've just walked in through the exit doors, I don't have the kind of time to waste on the other stuff. I want to get in, see fish/marine mammals, and then go do something else. Nothing inside ever held my interest on it's own, and the hydrolators lost their appeal when I turned 11 and figured out they didnt go anywhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom