Living Character Initiative, Any hope for new cool stuff?

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Original Poster
Remember Muppet Mobile Labs? Lucky the Dinosaur? Luxo the Lamp? The flying dragon at Magic Kingdom? The rumor that Electric Mayhem was in development? All these things have two thing in common - they were pretty cool and for various and sundry reasons, it seems as though they won't ever used in regular fashion in a Disney park located in the sunshine state, since they exceed WDW's awesomeness threshold (I know that's not the official reason). So...any chance any of these could make a return? Is there some super awesome new thing in the wings that we'll never get to see but we could at least day dream about?

Also, what is the current rate at which talking heads will be rolled out for the big 5? Once every 2.4 years? Those heads are cool as well.

My guess is that the LCI will be re-defined to mostly be things like Captain Barbarossa saying, "Duck, insert your name here" as you float by and the bloggers will rave about the "insert your name here" phrasing because it allows one to use their imagination and proves that Disney isn't tracking your movements around the park.

If done correctly, the PUSH cans should become historical oddities like 10 inch CRT televisions.

PhotoDave219

Gratuitous thread bump.....

WDI asked WDW if they wanted to buy it, WDW said not.

It went to Hong Kong. I think its still around.... Was one of the coolest shows I've seen in Epcot.

brb1006

I loved seeing video footage of Beaker and HoneyDew at Epcot. Especially when they entered the Imagination Pavilion.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Gratuitous thread bump.....

WDI asked WDW if they wanted to buy it, WDW said not.

It went to Hong Kong. I think its still around.... Was one of the coolest shows I've seen in Epcot.
Of course they didn't.

TDO never wants to spend money. They only do so when made to do so by TWDC.

It affects their Christmas bonus.

Can we still say "Christmas"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom