Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I love love love the picture of you with the book at the fountain! That is so cute!! I feel like I need a picture like that of my DD! Do you mind if I steal your idea?

Thank you! You are more than welcome. 😊

Love that your team dressed up as princesses and then you got to go straight to MK for pictures! Super jealous! Your photo shoot as Belle was awesome! Love the fountain photo where you were reading the book. It was so nice of the CM to let you meet Belle and take a picture with her while you were in costume!

Thank you! It was a very successful evening! 😊

Love how your coutumes were so “simple” yet so identifiable :)

Thank you! We threw them together on really short notice, so we were pretty proud of ourselves. 😋

blreinsel

Original Poster
Saturday, February 9

Finishing up from last night! We had a FP for Big Thunder so headed there first. We got stuck in the front row, but it was still a wild ride!

Our next FP was to meet Mickey and Minnie in their birthday best. 🥳😍 We had such an amazing interaction with them.. they were a blast! I wish they would continue meeting together even after the birthday celebration ends.

We grabbed dinner at Columbia Harbor House and then went to use our last FP. Dylan and I were supposed to ride Space while Brooke had Buzz, but Space went down, leaving us with a multiple experiences FP. We decided to just all ride Buzz!

After Buzz, we hopped on the People Mover and were treated to Space with the lights on! This was the first time Dylan had ever seen it and he was amazed. 😂

We made our way to Main Street just as HEA began. We ended up at the end of Main Street, but it was a great view!

Dylan headed out after fireworks, but Brooke and I headed back into the madness for a Dole Whip and our Pirates FP.

We looked through the pin shop in Frontierland and both bought a mystery pack. I was disappointed with mine, but she got two great ones! Part of the fun of mystery packs is the thrill of not knowing what you’re gonna get, so one bad buy won’t deter me from buying more in the future. 😉

We started to head out when we ran into the Main Street vehicles running! We’ve been wanting to ride them, so we got in line! We ended up on the top floor of the Omnibus. 😍

We rode to the end of Main Street, but it’s a one way trip so had to walk back down ourselves. 😋 It was really cool and we can’t wsit to ride the other vehicles!

Another day in the books!

blreinsel

Original Poster
Thursday, February 14 - Happy Valentine’s Day! ❤️

For our Valentine’s Day dinner, we had reservations at Whispering Canyon Cafe! I had eaten here a few years back, but it was a new one for Dylan! We arrived a little before our 6:35pm reservation and took some time to walk around and admire the beautiful resort before going to check in.

Dylan has decided that we need to stay here, and I am not one to argue. 😉 We checked in and quickly received our text that our table was ready. Our server was Mike and he was amazing! He made the entire meal so much fun. We were literally in the middle of the main room, which allowed us to watch all of the shenanigans going on around us. Last time I was here, I was seated in the back room and missed all the fun. 👎🏼 But this time made up for it!

We started with salad and cornbread, but Mike warned us to not fill up on it because we had better food coming. 😉 I ordered the bottomless milkshake but only ended up having one. Disney makes a killing on this because I doubt many people actually get more than one or two shakes. Oh well.. it was tasty. 🤷🏻‍♀️

We both went with the all you can eat platter. 🤤

We put a good dent in it, but we were stuffed! We settled our bill and decided to go walk around to allow ourselves to digest a bit.

It was so peaceful and we really enjoyed our stroll. We checked out the beautiful cabins and dreamed of staying in one. 😍 It was interesting to see the different colors of cabins each had different landscaping that coordinated.

We ended up at Geyser Point for some drinks. I had been wanting to try it out for awhile so was glad I finally got the opportunity! I had the Captain’s Mai Tai and it was great!

As we sat and enjoyed our drinks, HEA started. We walked down by the water to watch... a perfect end to a perfect evening. ☺️

blreinsel

Original Poster
In Osceola County, we don’t get President’s Day off. But we do get Rodeo Day off so yeehaw Disney here we come! 😋

I met Brooke on Main Street and we stopped because we heard the trolley music start. As we were standing there, a random photographer came running up to us and started snapping pictures. We, of course, played along. 😋 He looked at me and said “you’re a CM, right?” I was like not yet but someday! Lol. If there was ever any question if I’m meant to work at Disney, this confirmed it. 😉

We actually turned around and left MK after we finished watching... we had an ADR to make!

We picked up a Beaches and Cream reservation on Sunday and were some of the first people in the restaurant. Our server was super sweet and was very entertaining. She’ll pop up later. 😏

Anyway, we both went with the the chicken bacon ranch sandwich (or something like that). It was delicious!

You can’t go to Beaches and Cream and not have dessert. 😛

We went with the Frozen Sunshine... it was AMAZING.

We settled our bill and headed back to the bus stop. We stopped for a picture outside, and here’s where our waitress pops up again. Can you spot her? 😂

We loved Beaches and Cream! The food was great and I didn’t find it to be terribly priced by Disney standards. I would definitely go back. 😊

blreinsel

Original Poster
We arrived back at MK and used our FP for Little Mermaid. Then, we had a very important date to make. Our friend of Donald was performing at Pete’s Silly Slideshow, and it was imperative that we go visit. 😊

We said hello to Goofy first. He told us that Donald was crazy and was the one who wrecked the motorcycle through his set.

Shame shame Donald. 😉

It was finally time to say hi to Donald and he was SO happy to see us! 🤗

We told Donald that Goofy was accusing him of making a mess and he was NOT impressed.

😂😂😂

We watched a bit of FoF before heading out of the park. We’re now at Epcot for another VERY important meet and greet. Stay tuned. 😉

Tiggertoo56

In Osceola County, we don’t get President’s Day off. But we do get Rodeo Day off so yeehaw Disney here we come! 😋

I met Brooke on Main Street and we stopped because we heard the trolley music start. As we were standing there, a random photographer came running up to us and started snapping pictures. We, of course, played along. 😋 He looked at me and said “you’re a CM, right?” I was like not yet but someday! Lol. If there was ever any question if I’m meant to work at Disney, this confirmed it. 😉
View attachment 350363

View attachment 350356

We actually turned around and left MK after we finished watching... we had an ADR to make!
View attachment 350357

View attachment 350360

We picked up a Beaches and Cream reservation on Sunday and were some of the first people in the restaurant. Our server was super sweet and was very entertaining. She’ll pop up later. 😏

Anyway, we both went with the the chicken bacon ranch sandwich (or something like that). It was delicious!
View attachment 350358

You can’t go to Beaches and Cream and not have dessert. 😛
View attachment 350359

We went with the Frozen Sunshine... it was AMAZING.
View attachment 350361

We settled our bill and headed back to the bus stop. We stopped for a picture outside, and here’s where our waitress pops up again. Can you spot her? 😂
View attachment 350362

We loved Beaches and Cream! The food was great and I didn’t find it to be terribly priced by Disney standards. I would definitely go back. 😊
We had the same waitress in October and she was fun! Very entertaining. Looks like you were having a good day. Can't believe we came back to the UK 3months ago now. ☹

blreinsel

Original Poster
So who did we meet?

We knew that Paige O’Hara was signing at Epcot this weekend, so we were sure to fit her into our plans. I was more than happy to buy another piece of her art to add to my collection. 😍 And along with the purchase of a print comes a wristband to meet her and get her signature. I fangirled over her just as much as I did when I met her last year and I am not ashamed. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Her husband called me “smiley” and asked if Brooke and I were sisters (which we get asked frequently lol). She asked for my name and made some comment about Britney Spears, which led to her husband scolding her for comparing me to her. 😂 He said “Paige! You can’t say things like that!” I told him it doesn’t offend me when people say that and Paige said that a friend of hers says that Britney Spears is actually very nice but is just incredibly insecure. The more you know. 😉

We really enjoyed our interaction with her and her husband was a riot. This year there was a photopass photographer available to take pictures along with a CM who took TONS of pictures on my phone. They had a really efficient system to move people through the line without making us feel rushed.

We headed out of the park after meeting Paige because we had a rodeo to get to. 😋

Rista1313

So who did we meet?
View attachment 350525

View attachment 350526

View attachment 350527

View attachment 350528

We knew that Paige O’Hara was signing at Epcot this weekend, so we were sure to fit her into our plans. I was more than happy to buy another piece of her art to add to my collection. 😍 And along with the purchase of a print comes a wristband to meet her and get her signature. I fangirled over her just as much as I did when I met her last year and I am not ashamed. 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Her husband called me “smiley” and asked if Brooke and I were sisters (which we get asked frequently lol). She asked for my name and made some comment about Britney Spears, which led to her husband scolding her for comparing me to her. 😂 He said “Paige! You can’t say things like that!” I told him it doesn’t offend me when people say that and Paige said that a friend of hers says that Britney Spears is actually very nice but is just incredibly insecure. The more you know. 😉

We really enjoyed our interaction with her and her husband was a riot. This year there was a photopass photographer available to take pictures along with a CM who took TONS of pictures on my phone. They had a really efficient system to move people through the line without making us feel rushed.

We headed out of the park after meeting Paige because we had a rodeo to get to. 😋
View attachment 350529

The blonde on the end right looks like she's ready to bag herself a cowboy!

LisaBelle

You are so lucky!! I would LOVE to meet Paige O’Hara. Like you, Belle is my favorite princess. Do they always sell her art at Disney or is it just during Festival of Arts? So glad to hear she is so nice in person. I love her voice!

blreinsel

Original Poster
You are so lucky!! I would LOVE to meet Paige O’Hara. Like you, Belle is my favorite princess. Do they always sell her art at Disney or is it just during Festival of Arts? So glad to hear she is so nice in person. I love her voice!

I’m not sure.. my guess is only during the festival but I don’t know that for sure. They didn’t have much of her stuff there when we went before but they brought more when she was signing. There were also some bigger ones (obviously more expensive) that she must have recently pained because they weren’t there last year. I wanted them all! 😍

fractal

So who did we meet?
View attachment 350525

View attachment 350526

View attachment 350527

View attachment 350528

View attachment 350529

very cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom