Trip Report Livin' La Vida Local

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.

For those of you that have been following my adventures for awhile now, welcome back! 😊 For those of you that are just joining my adventures, I'll do some quick introductions before we jump on in!

I'm Brittany and this is my prince, Dylan. ❤️ We are from Pennsylvania and got engaged at MK a little over a year ago. We took a page from Walt's book shortly thereafter and chased our dreams, leading us to central Florida. I teach 1st grade and Dylan works at the Magnolia/Palm (Disney) golf courses located across from the Poly and Grand Floridian. After living in FL for a full year now, we are 100% certain that we won't be moving back to PA. We are Floridians through and through and can't imagine living our crazy life together anywhere else. ☺️
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_65bb.jpg

You'll see lots of faces in my report (including some of yours!), but this is the one you'll see most often. 😉 This is my very best Disney friend, Brooke (@wishes2013)! We met through this site and were brought together when we realized that we would both be teaching 1st grade at the same school. I'm not exaggerating when I say that you can either find us at school or Disney... we're together more often than we're not. 😋
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61ce.jpg

You can find the ongoing trip report that chronicles our first year living in FL and being passholders here. 😊 This report will serve as more of a "highlight reel," rather than detailing every moment of every trip we take to the parks. But fear not, there will still be lots of report to read! If you're looking for your Disney fix or a way to chase those Disney blues away, you can most certainly find it here. 🤗

To all who come to this happy place, welcome!

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Would you believe that just last night it dawned on me that I hadn’t seen a post from you very recently and found myself thinking “I hope she’s ok”. Strange how people we’ve never met still make it into our thoughts.

Our part of the world has been rather rainy as well, so I’ll wish it will stop for you, if you will do the same for me 😉

blreinsel

Original Poster
Would you believe that just last night it dawned on me that I hadn’t seen a post from you very recently and found myself thinking “I hope she’s ok”. Strange how people we’ve never met still make it into our thoughts.

Our part of the world has been rather rainy as well, so I’ll wish it will stop for you, if you will do the same for me 😉
Aww you’re so sweet! It was a wild school year and I felt like I barely had time to breathe. I’m still catching up on things I put off for months and I’ve been wanting to get back on here. I figured last night was as good a time as any. 😉

I’m so happy you were able to be there for the return of Happily Ever After! I cried just watching videos DFB posted. It must have been spectacular in person!
It was amazing, and very emotional! 😂

blreinsel

Original Poster
It was an amazing night! It rained from about 5pm-long after fireworks ended, but we donned the rain gear and went for it! We were worried about not being able to see over all of the umbrellas, but at 9:14, nearly every umbrella went down and everybody had eyes on the castle. It was pretty special. ❤️

Well, except for this person.. two phones, tripods, and an umbrella. But we won’t talk about her. 😉
B3B61251-14C8-4E88-879A-CC900C0D9EA4.jpeg

I got tears as soon as the 10 minutes until showtime announcements started, and when that music started and the spotlights shot up…. Oh boy. 😂 I didn’t cry as much as I did when FoLK returned, but there were still a lot of tears. What a happy day. ❤️
61B53BBC-CB87-4906-A9DE-A948C8C34218.jpeg

We headed for Tomorrowland and a ride on the Peoplemover after the show to allow the crowds to exit and thin out a bit before trying to leave ourselves. We still had a bit of a wait to get on the ferry and back to our cars, but nothing as bad as the wait for the monorail was going to be. They were also running buses to the TTC, which is usually the quickest way to get out of there after fireworks, but not all of us had masks so the ferry was our only option.

I know that we’re still not completely out of the pandemic woods, but fireworks being back sure does make life feel a bit more normal. ❤️
65628A99-90D4-4B49-B853-89E769993538.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom