LIVE UPDATES: D23 Expo - WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS Presentation 6:30pm EDT

Tys3623

I absolutely love pixar and think they saved Disney's animation reputation. Without characters like toy story and nemo I can't help,but wonder where we would be.

trr1

Uh oh.

I sense a Cranium Command movie.

kinda sounds like this
Ozzy & Drix, also known as The Fantastic Voyage Adventures of Osmosis Jones & Drixenol
g_sekbidfvM5LeaBg.jpg

0.jpg

Captain Neo

Maybe they will reopen cranium command with a pixar overlay when Pete doctors movie comes out in 2014. The human brain is a subject worth building a pavilion around and pixar is as sure a bet as your gonna get,

TP2000

As for major presentations tomorrow - the big one is Marvel, but I'll be looking forward to the Carsland presentation. They're also selling shirts for all of the Carsland attractions as well as each of the classic EPCOT pavilion logos. I need to get into that shop tomorrow before we leave.

Ooh! Thank you for the tip! I was at Disneyland on Saturday, and had dinner at GardenWalk Saturday night, and now all those folks with EPCOT Center logo t-shirts suddenly make sense. I'm off to the Expo tomorrow, and I already bought my ticket in case they sell out again like they did Saturday, and I will head straight to the Carousel of Projects Pavilion and the store there! Can't wait!

I hope you got a chance to get to Disneyland during your Expo visit, and as someone who spent several summers in Boston once I hope that you are enjoying this perfect Southern California summer weather! Beach fog in the morning as people wait in line to get into the convention center, then turning sunny, breezy and dry, highs of 77 or 78, lows at night down around 62 to 64. Mother Nature rolled out the welcome mat for D23 Expo! :wave:

RSoxNo1

Ooh! Thank you for the tip! I was at Disneyland on Saturday, and had dinner at GardenWalk Saturday night, and now all those folks with EPCOT Center logo t-shirts suddenly make sense. I'm off to the Expo tomorrow, and I already bought my ticket in case they sell out again like they did Saturday, and I will head straight to the Carousel of Projects Pavilion and the store there! Can't wait!

I hope you got a chance to get to Disneyland during your Expo visit, and as someone who spent several summers in Boston once I hope that you are enjoying this perfect Southern California summer weather! Beach fog in the morning as people wait in line to get into the convention center, then turning sunny, breezy and dry, highs of 77 or 78, lows at night down around 62 to 64. Mother Nature rolled out the welcome mat for D23 Expo! :wave:

We hit up Disneyland on Friday night for a few hours, and we'll hit up DCA tonight, but the first three days of our trip were really devoted to the Expo. We wanted to make sure we saw and did everything there before we worried about seeing the attractions that will still be there on Monday.

NX2I85

Or imagination......think Pixar may be bringing our little purple dragon to the big screen?:shrug:

I think I just wet myself a little bit. :eek:

I was reading about the untitled Pixar flick but did not dream that it might be something that could give juice to the Imagination Pavilion or its two beloved denizens. Wow! I sure hope that happens.

LudwigVonDrake

Tom Staggs "responded" to the negative posts on the Disney Blog page:

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Your passion, energy and affection for our parks and resorts is the reason we do what we do so I appreciate your feedback. I know many of you were hoping for announcements regarding new projects from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, especially at Walt Disney World Resort, so I wanted to take a moment to address those comments.

The projects we’ve already announced represent the largest period of growth ever in Disney Parks’ history. We’re working hard to create new and exciting experiences for our guests around the world and while the timing isn’t always right to announce another big project, we like to use opportunities like the D23 Expo to update fans like you on the great progress we’re making. We have several incredible projects currently in the works and look forward to sharing more information with all of you in the weeks and months ahead, including new details regarding Downtown Disney in Florida.

devoy1701

Thanks to all of you for your responses. Your passion, energy and affection for our parks and resorts is the reason we do what we do so I appreciate your feedback. I know many of you were hoping for announcements regarding new projects from Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, especially at Walt Disney World Resort, so I wanted to take a moment to address those comments.

The projects we’ve already announced represent the largest period of growth ever in Disney Parks’ history. We’re working hard to create new and exciting experiences for our guests around the world and while the timing isn’t always right to announce another big project, we like to use opportunities like the D23 Expo to update fans like you on the great progress we’re making. We have several incredible projects currently in the works and look forward to sharing more information with all of you in the weeks and months ahead, including new details regarding Downtown Disney in Florida.

I LOOOOOVE that the Parks Blog has gotten flooded with negative comments AND that the moderators are actually letting the comments hit the page for everyone to see. I guess you can't block all of the comments if they all have the same tone to them. And what better place to see the sentiment of fans than on the official parks blog itself.

I really hope that P&R, and TDO specifically will start addressing their operating style to change the wave of negativity that has been cast upon them lately.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

Very interesting. Great that he chose to respond.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Good for him. Even if the response isn't exactly what we'd have liked to see, he isn't d__________g the comments. And he's specifically mentioning Downtown Disney. Maybe there is news to come soon.

SeaCastle

I did get the feeling that they would probably wait to announce WDW stuff at WDW's own celebration in October; I think most of the people at the Expo were SoCal Disneylanders and cast members. :shrug:

Thrill Seeker

It is interesting that he specifically mentions DTD. That makes me think that DTD is gonna be another major project. More specifically, it sounds like Hyperion Warf as we know it is dead.

I am off on October 1st and plan on being at MK for the ceremony (if there is one), so if anything is announced, I'll tweet about it.

djkidkaz

I just hope we hear something soon. I'd much rather have updates on Studios and AK, rather than DTD. From what I've seen so far of the DTD updates, Magic Masters closing, Apricot Lane, a Wet Seal store. None of this is exciting or point to a great future for DTD. Unless these stores are just temporary hold overs until they completely revamp DTD and then put something interesting in there?

It would just seem that there is ALWAYS projects in the works, great stuff that could be developed at any time, but unless its greenlit, it doesn't matter.

Oh well, Im just getting cranky because I want something new and exciting to talk about. :hammer:

menamechris

As much I would like to think this was all part of a "master plan" to announce things to come in a bigger way later...I am choosing not to fool myself. He made this response to get people to calm down and quit clogging the Disney blog with negative comments. He is counting on us all forgetting about the Expo in the "weeks and months ahead"... And no - it really doesn't make me feel better that he made a point of saying DTD announcements were coming. What do I care what new third party vendors have pending contracts with Disney and will be moving in to DTD?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom