LIVE UPDATES: D23 Expo - WALT DISNEY PARKS AND RESORTS Presentation 6:30pm EDT

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
There will be one. I'm surprised it wasn't announced. They may be waiting until a little closer to FLE opening.

Will the new parade tie in to the 40th, or will it just be a new parade? Will it legitimately be a new parade, or will it recycle those same floats again?

Lee

Adventurer
Will the new parade tie in to the 40th, or will it just be a new parade? Will it legitimately be a new parade, or will it recycle those same floats again?
Don't know. I've just been told one is on the way. Fairly soon.:shrug:

toolsnspools

If I had to guess, I'd say the parade will BE the 40th celebration.

Disney stock is off almost ~25% in the last month. The DOW was only off ~15%. As a stock company, it would be hard to look at those numbers, and then announce a bunch of new capital investments.

nor'easter

Be realistic. No business is going to have people spewing hate messages all over its official website. You can't blame them.

Then don't invite comment if you can't take criticism. And we're not talking hate messages here. Even expressions of disappointment are censored.

LudwigVonDrake

what did you post?

I asked a series of question basically asking Mr. Staggs various things: did he rehearse his presentation, if he knew that Disney was charging people to attend D23 for information that was posted for free on the blog after the fact, if he knew that Animal Kingdom was a half day park that needed attractions and had a broken Yeti, and a couple of other questions I don't remember (but one based on the lack of quality of the presentation). Nothing too horrible but I wasn't surprised it was deleted based off the "rehearsed" question :)

WDWFigment

Ahh...the lovely world of Disney social media..:rolleyes:

I know this attitude is prevalent on another LAUGHINGical Disney site (not intending to insult the site or you--I like it and you--just trying to be ironic), but I don't get it.

Obviously social media used by companies is little more than a controlled advertising message. This isn't unique to Disney. Do people really expect an open and honest dialogue? Really?!

lebeau

I just read that people were charged $40/seat for that presentation. Is that correct? If I had paid $40 for that I would be livid. I'm upset with myself for wasting my Friday night watching it for free at home. But $40? They should have at least made it entertaining!

Lee

Adventurer
Do people really expect an open and honest dialogue? Really?!

I quote Beatrix Kiddo:
"For a second there...yeah. I kinda did."

I agree with you. It's purely a marketing tool. A way to distribute pixie dust directly to the addicts.

I'm not rabidly against it (but I know someone who could rant on it for sn hour or more...:lookaroun).
I just kinda like to throw a wrench into that when I can...

WDWFigment

I quote Beatrix Kiddo:
"For a second there...yeah. I kinda did."

I agree with you. It's purely a marketing tool. A way to distribute pixie dust directly to the addicts.

I'm not rabidly against it (but I know someone who could rant on it for sn hour or more...:lookaroun).
I just kinda like to throw a wrench into that when I can...

Agreed. It just so happens that someone you know is a master wordsmith who can really craft an argument well (he may hate lawyers, but he could make one heckuva living as one!).

Sometimes he has me rethinking my stance on social media until I step back and think about it for a minute.

For what it's worth, it does seem like the main social media team actually has serious passion for the parks. (I don't know if you follow any of them on Twitter, but they're on there as individuals and their love for Disney comes through their posts.) That passionate people instead of "social media experts" with no connection to Disney are running the blog does redeem it a lot in my eyes.

CJR

Who nows for sure, but it really doesn't seem like they see the parks as 4 separate entities. I think they see an addition to any park as something that drives business for all 4 parks and, more importantly, brings people to WDW.

Perhaps that's part of the problem for TDO and to a small extent, TWDC. Guest's see them as four different parks. Guests are the ones who spend their money to enter these parks.

Guests associate WDW with MK, not Epcot, DHS, or AK. A lot of guests, actually call MK WDW. Correct me if I'm wrong, but in 2017, AK will have gone 10 years with no major additions to the park. That's a long time considering Disney has raised the park's prices every single one of those years (unless I'm mistaken). Guests will notice that a park like AK has nothing new and might skip it. IoA is still HP crazy and it's been over a year now. With plans to double the size of WWoHP, I think Disney needs to make careful decisions over the next few years or guests could very well take their four day pass at Disney and turn it into a two day and spend the other two at Universal.

Disney really can't forget about the other parks. While they would love to see them all as equals, they're not. Attendance kind of reflects that with MK at the top, followed by Epcot, and the DHS/AK are fairly close to each other. MK will probably go up a little, but the other three might see a decrease if nothing new is put in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom