"Live" Report

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
I was just on property 15 minutes ago. Just went around to the monorail resorts and a ride to EPCOT and back on monorail blue. Took a nice ride on a SeaRaycer too.

MK has it's Halloween swags up on the train station and the front portion of Main Street as far as I could see.

There is tons of work going on in the GF. Everything from carpet and tile being redone to sanding and painting. There are several scaffolds out by the pool and 3 or 4 man lifts closer to the service entrance. Refurb walls close off the right side of the second floor and the band seems to have moved to the entrance from the monorail platform.

The view is fantastic from the 15 floor of the Contemporary. There are many vehicles parked on the World Dr. side of SM and the BLT is looking great.

My original plan was to be in EPCOT tomorrow, but that looks rather bleak now.

I'm running on 5 hours of sleep after last nights shuttle launch scrub. I'll be headed out there again in a couple of hours but the weather doesn't look great for tonight either. :(

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4686.jpg

TheDisneyMagic

Nice pictures, the one from inside Grand Floridian, was that just at the top of the stairs as you go through the doors? They have been working on the flooring there for about three weeks now but the sections that have been completed are looking very nice.

EPCOT Explorer

I was just on property 15 minutes ago. Just went around to the monorail resorts and a ride to EPCOT and back on monorail blue. Took a nice ride on a SeaRaycer too.

MK has it's Halloween swags up on the train station and the front portion of Main Street as far as I could see.

There is tons of work going on in the GF. Everything from carpet and tile being redone to sanding and painting. There are several scaffolds out by the pool and 3 or 4 man lifts closer to the service entrance. Refurb walls close off the right side of the second floor and the band seems to have moved to the entrance from the monorail platform.

The view is fantastic from the 15 floor of the Contemporary. There are many vehicles parked on the World Dr. side of SM and the BLT is looking great.

My original plan was to be in EPCOT tomorrow, but that looks rather bleak now.

I'm running on 5 hours of sleep after last nights shuttle launch scrub. I'll be headed out there again in a couple of hours but the weather doesn't look great for tonight either. :(

Great update, thanks for it!:D

So shocked at MK changing so much in a week...I was fortunate enough to be there without the Halloween Decor and the crane!:lol:

And FINALLY someone gets a pic of the GF Refurb.:sohappy: I was trying to talk about it in my TR but no one noticed without pics!

Thanks again!:wave:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
You're welcom and thanks for the compliments.

The launch has been screubbed again, albeit much earlier than this morning so I will head t othe Poly or TTC to watch Wishes.

No new launch date is set for Discovery so I just may go home tomorrow morning. But I'd sure as heck would like to go to EPCOT!

One more picture for the GF refurb. Seems like a new section of roof is being built along with shingle replacement. I can't tell which building this is.

IMG_4629.jpg

There are thunderstorms in the area and I expect it to start raining within a half hour.

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
Nice pictures, the one from inside Grand Floridian, was that just at the top of the stairs as you go through the doors? They have been working on the flooring there for about three weeks now but the sections that have been completed are looking very nice.

Depicted in the picture is to the right of the main entrance on the second floor. There were other refurb walls set up around the entrance to V&A and Citricos as well as several on the first floor, to the right of the grand staircase.

How was that? We were thinking of renting one when we stay over at BLT next month. Can you confirm it's in the $30ish range per half hour as well? Seems there's very little current info on them.

It is a great ride. Lots of fun to go full throttle and take a sharp turn. Hold on to loose items though. :animwink:
It is $32 for one half hour, yes. The CM will usually give you 10 extra minutes to get your life vest and get in to the boat.
Today, we were out for about 45 minutes but were charged for 30 minutes only.

EPCOT Explorer

You're welcom and thanks for the compliments.

The launch has been screubbed again, albeit much earlier than this morning so I will head t othe Poly or TTC to watch Wishes.

No new launch date is set for Discovery so I just may go home tomorrow morning. But I'd sure as heck would like to go to EPCOT!

One more picture for the GF refurb. Seems like a new section of roof is being built along with shingle replacement. I can't tell which building this is.

IMG_4629.jpg

There are thunderstorms in the area and I expect it to start raining within a half hour.

I think it's the one closest to the MK...You can see it from the Mono, I know that.

And does anyone else dislike the MSUSA Halloween decor?:lookaroun I think it looks out of place, color wise.:shrug:

MissM

It is a great ride. Lots of fun to go full throttle and take a sharp turn. Hold on to loose items though. :animwink:
It is $32 for one half hour, yes. The CM will usually give you 10 extra minutes to get your life vest and get in to the boat.
Today, we were out for about 45 minutes but were charged for 30 minutes only.
Brilliant! Thank you. :D

WDW Vacationer

I think it's the one closest to the MK...You can see it from the Mono, I know that.

And does anyone else dislike the MSUSA Halloween decor?:lookaroun I think it looks out of place, color wise.:shrug:

I'd hate to dissagree,but I will.:eek: It sure is bright,but there is just something about it I like.

Thanks for the update. Greatly appreciated.:wave: There have been many updates lately,good to see most on the positive side!:sohappy:

EPCOT Explorer

[/B]
I'd hate to dissagree,but I will.:eek: It sure is bright,but there is just something about it I like.

Thanks for the update. Greatly appreciated.:wave: There have been many updates lately,good to see most on the positive side!:sohappy:

No problem.:shrug::lol:

I think it being two bright IS the problem for me...:lol:

hpyhnt 1000

No problem.:shrug::lol:

I think it being two bright IS the problem for me...:lol:

Oh, lighten up Evan. :) They're fall colors...what else would they be? And lets at least be thankful we HAVE some kind of extensicve Autumn/Halloween decoration. In previous years, it was kinda pathetic the minimal effort that went into decorating. :dazzle:

Thanks for the pics/update WDWMonorail. :wave:

WDW Monorail

Original Poster
You're welcome. :)

I watched Wishes from the beach of the Polynesian in a stead rain last night. I've seen it4 or 5 times from outside the park and only once from inside.

Hey thanks so much for taking the time out there and posting pics etc. We all truly appeciate that. Now go have fun ok. Enjoy yourself!!! :):sohappy::sohappy::wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom