Trip Report Live from Orlando! A post as we go August trip report

Welcome to my August 2013 trip report! Thanks for reading! This will be my first trip report, so comment what you think! This will also be a live trip report where I will try to post at night. And one more thing before I start. Sadly, most of my pictures will be taken with my iPhone since my camera decided to not work when I got to Disney :banghead:. So, sorry for some crappy quality pics...
So anyways, I checked in August 18th (today) and check out August 27th. I drove all the way down from New York, so it was quite the drive!
Getting closer...
image.jpg

Finally here!!
image.jpg

We then drove over to the Port Orleans French Quarter resort, which would be our resort for the stay. Thanks to online check in, we got our room instantly! This was the first time with the new way to enter the rooms (by tapping the mickey with your KTTW) so it was pretty cool for the first time. We unpacked, checked out our room then decided to go get some breakfast.
For some reason it's not letting me add photos, so I'll try again later

afar28

Original Poster
Now it's time for a ride into the movies.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
This AA still looks amazing even to this day.
image.jpg
follow the yellow brick road!
image.jpg

At this point it was almost 9, and we did everything we wanted to do. 2 spins on Tower of Terror, a ride on Rockin Roller coaster and great movie
Ride all in 90 minutes? Not bad.
Up next: Last day, Be our guest, and Wishes

afar28

Original Poster
Day 9 August 26- the last day :(
Ah the last day. Always the least anticipated day of the trip obviously. In our minds, we all know its the last day but nobody mentions it. This day would be spent at MK. We got on the boat at approximately 11:30.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Once we were walking towards the bag check line, the sky darkened. It began to thunder, then it began to absolutely downpour. It was extremely hard rain. We took cover at the bag check line then took out our umbrellas. Mine of course decided to break when I opened it, and two of the metal rods swung out, rendering the umbrella basically useless. We then ran over to the entrance, got into the park then ran into the little kiosk before you enter Main Street. We stood there for 10 minutes and the rain was not letting down. We decided to run for it and make it to a shop where they sell umbrellas so I could actually not get drenched. We finally found one, and forked over the money for an overpriced umbrella. Better then the cheap dollar store ones we had though...
It was still pouring, thunder and lightning going off so we went over to Tomorrowland and fastpassed Space Mountain. The rain was finally letting up into a drizzle so we sat down for a minute. Our shoes were drenched and it was not a good feeling having to basically walk in puddles the whole day. It didnt make it better that the Disneys draining is terrible.
image.jpg
Tons of areas were blocked off by chairs and people were sweeping water to drains everywhere. It was not a good start. After thinking of what to do, we decided to head on Little Mermaid because since we used FP last time we didnt get to experience the queue which is apparently very good. It only had a 15 minute wait. The queue was great, and now it was time for the ride itself.
image.jpg
image.jpg
The ride was good, but we were in shock when we got off-it began to downpour once again! Time for umbrellas once again. Our space mountain fastpasses were now available to use, so we hopped on the line for that and got right on. It was great of course. When we got off it was sunny again, but we still carried our umbrellas just incase. Up next would be Space Ranger Spin. Too bad Buzz was gone
image.jpg
My score is on the left..yeah, I'm more of a TSMM guy :oops:
image.jpg
After a spin on TTA, we were going to go over to Frontierland. But no vacation is complete without a dole whip of course!
image.jpg
image.jpg

Up next: Be our guest, more rain, and The Wildest Ride in the Wildernesss

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21

afar28

Original Poster
We got a FP for Splash Mountain, and then Pirates had only a 10 minute wait, so we hopped on that.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
It was now time to ride Splash but the sky darkened and guess what? More rain! It began pouring for 30 minutes before it finally stopped. After drying for a bit, we got to Spalsh just in time since our fastpass window was closing in 5 minutes. And on the ride, we were in the 3rd row. When we were plunged Into the briar patch on the final drop, the man in front of us hat feel off, and when we got to the bottom it was sitting in my lap. Funny story. Big Thunder only had a 5 minute wait so we took a ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness! It was great.
image.jpg
And guess what? As the ride was ending it began to rain. What a shocker. We now had dinner reservations at Be Our Guest. We took the train over to fantasyland to avoid walking in the rain.
image.jpg
image.jpg
We were seated in the main dining room.
image.jpg
love the way they folded this :)
image.jpg
dinner was excellent, and now it was time for dessert
image.jpg
I got the strawberry cupcake which was delicious.
image.jpg
Overall BoG was excellent, a place we wanna go back to.
Up next: 999 happy haunts, wishes, and the final walk

afar28

Original Poster
I think it's time to finally finish this TR. It was supposed to be live but is now 3 weeks behind.:p
We wanted to explore the rest or BOG before we left.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Beautiful place, and good food also. It was a bit past 9 so we hopped on Haunted Mansion to ride our favorites before park close, which was at 10:30 this night.
image.jpg

The queue of HM is much spookier in the dark. Ride was great, besides being stuck in the graveyard seen for about 10 minutes. Next we wanted to do BTMRR and Splash Mountain, but BTMRR was down and was surrounded by cops :(
At least Splash was open, and it was a walk on. Great ride as usual. As we were leaving, wishes was going on so we would watch that.
image.jpg
Once it ended, we knew what time it was. Time for the most depressing ride ever- the ferry ride back to the TTC on your last night. Our final view of MK as we left :(
image.jpg

And that would wrap up an amazing vacation

fractal

Enjoyed the report and I'm glad you enjoyed the food at BoG. It's seems the bad reviews when it first opened are being replaced with better reviews.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom