Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thanks, I really appreciate it. This year, NYPD added 34 names to their Wall of Heroes (those who died in line of duty). Only ONE of them was shot on the job last year. The other 33 died from 9/11 related cancers.

And next year, they anticipate even more of them. :(

The whole things was beyond horrendous, and it is disheartening to think how it continues to impact people today. Sorry about your brother.

On a lighter note @JenniferS , that ravioli looked amazing and has inspired a future meal in our household!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Mike got a plain Judge shirt, because this one wasn't available in XXL. :(

IMG_6218.JPG

Saw this. And then 10 minutes later, actually came upon it.
IMG_6219.JPG

This is where Mike hung out while @NYwdwfan and I went up the ESB.
IMG_6220.JPG

Saw these guys. I figure it's a pretty good motto by which to live.
IMG_6224.JPG

Saw this on Tuesday. Mike and I both thought the same thing when we saw it. :hilarious:
IMG_6225.JPG

The Diamond District.
IMG_6231.JPG

Atlas.
http://www.bigapplesecrets.com/2013/06/atlas-bronze-statue-on-5th-avenue-and.html?m=1
IMG_6235.JPG

St. Patrick's Cathedral.
IMG_6239.JPG IMG_6241.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
And full circle back to here.
As you can see, it is very early. I'm not incredibly hungry, so I'll skip the salad.
IMG_6243.JPG

Not mine. Yuck! Mike and the Ski love San Pellegrino. I love FREE tap water.
IMG_6244.JPG IMG_6246.JPG

Mike has room for salad.
IMG_6247.JPG

Why mess with perfection? Same meal as yesterday. Less sauce, but that's okay too.
IMG_6248.JPG

I'm shocked Mike went the same dish though.
IMG_6249.JPG

And again, I'm done in half the time.
IMG_6250.JPG

As good as yesterday's dessert was. I would never knowingly pay $28 for two crême brûlée. Mike said he was full. He's not cheap like me, so maybe he really was full.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
And now, we're in the cab for a long, rainy drive back to JFK.

Thank you NYC. It's been a memorable trip. Mike is already compiling a list of things to do on our next trip. Hopefully we don't wait another six years to do it.

I've got yesterday's One World Trade Centre update to finish, but I've needed time to reflect.

IMG_6254.JPG IMG_6255.JPG

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
On a lighter note @JenniferS , that ravioli looked amazing and has inspired a future meal in our

Damn straight. Lucky me, I can go to the source! :p

The Diamond District.

They only put up those silly giant fake diamonds a few years ago. Back when I worked downtown, you had to know where the DD was, there was no flashy signpost. Mostly because they didn't want to get robbed. :cautious:

Hopefully we don't wait another six years to do it.

For certain!! Because we have a pact. :)

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
According to the Captain, we are number 20-something on the taxiway. It's going to be at least 1/2 an hour or so, and then a 55 minute flight.
You should see all of these planes lined up ahead of us.

Long story short, we're on our way home. Sort of.

At least we weren't one of the dozens of cancelled flights. Watching Friends on the tv screen. Talking with my friends (you guys, in case it wasn't clear) on my phone. :hilarious:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
When are you expecting to be home and see the mess the kids left
Just landed in Buffalo. Waiting for luggage, and then we have to stop at Wegman's, so maybe by 3:00.

I gave them an 8-hour warning earlier today. I'm sure it's not going to be pretty.

Need a shower and a cup of tea. Poor Mike has to work tomorrow ... or as he says, he has to go to work tomorrow. :(

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Welcome home, Jennifer and Mike! What a fun TR this was--I felt like I was there! :happy: You get points for all the neat plaques you photographed; I learned a lot of city and architectural history from those.
Good morning Minnie. Just headed to bed now. I hope you had a great week off!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning Minnie. Just headed to bed now. I hope you had a great week off!

Just heading to bed NOW?! I admire how you can pull an all-nighter. (P.S.: I fell asleep last night at 8:30. :p )

Thanks, I did have a good week off. Hubs and I went out for lunch or dinner a few times. We both watched (and read) lots of news reports, and had lengthy debates (one our hobbies :D ).

Took long outdoor walks each day. Bought a few things for home--a house plant, and a new accent rug for a bargain price at Target. Did some cleaning projects at home--spread out over a week (I hate deep cleaning). Finished all the yucky housecleaning yesterday with clean curtains. All that's left for us to do is mess up the place again! (That's not difficult . . . the dog does his part, too! :joyfull: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom