Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Sharing a nachos 'cause Mike feels bad occupying a booth just ordering beverages.

This kind of thing does not bother me one bit!
Plus, I don't really like our server. I swear I see her looking at our order and calculating her tip. (Magic 8-ball says - downgrade your estimate a couple of bucks, honey.)

IMG_6229.JPG

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
From the ESB, @NYwdwfan and I spotted this really cool building. She figured out the park behind (turns out in front) of it was Bryant Park. I later discerned with Google's help that it was the old American Radiator building.

Killing time, trying to finish up unfinished sight-seeing today, I spot this.

IMG_6167.JPG

Here's the thing about NYC, buildings from street level bear no resemblance to what you see from hundreds of metres away. Heck, 9/10 times, you can't even see the buildings once you move a block in any direction. But persevere we did, and found Bryant Park. Without Google Maps, I might add.

IMG_6178.JPG
IMG_6182.JPG IMG_6176.JPG IMG_6179.JPG IMG_6180.JPG IMG_6181.JPG IMG_6183.JPG IMG_6185.JPG IMG_6193.JPG

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Not raining yet, so we'll keep walking.
My beautiful Helmsley Building. Can't go in though.

IMG_6157.JPG IMG_6159.JPG

Rotate 180 degrees, and 5m behind me on the sidewalk, directly in front of the entrance photographed above, is this ....
IMG_6160.JPG
There's nobody near to it. No musician or busker using it for tips in lieu of an open saxophone case ....
I went right up to it. The top is clearly not latched, but nothing popped out at me. Now, I'm sorry I didn't peek inside. I mean there's zero chance there's a dead guy in there; but what?!

Anyways, back to my building.
IMG_6162.JPG IMG_6164.JPG IMG_6165.JPG IMG_6166.JPG

Seriously, it's a tie between this ^ and this:
IMG_6156.JPG

NYwdwfan

Not raining yet, so we'll keep walking.
My beautiful Helmsley Building. Can't go in though.

View attachment 223739 View attachment 223740

Rotate 180 degrees, and 5m behind me on the sidewalk, directly in front of the entrance photographed above, is this ....
View attachment 223741
There's nobody near to it. No musician or busker using it for tips in lieu of an open saxophone case ....
I went right up to it. The top is clearly not latched, but nothing popped out at me. Now, I'm sorry I didn't peek inside. I mean there's zero chance there's a dead guy in there; but what?!

Anyways, back to my building.
View attachment 223742 View attachment 223743 View attachment 223744 View attachment 223745

Seriously, it's a tie between this ^ and this:
View attachment 223748

I'd say it's more like a 7-10% chance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom