Live From New York, it's JenniferS' birthday ...

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
and Hubby's too. But mostly mine.

As many of you know, Mike and I are headed to NYC to celebrate our birthdays. Me on the 15th. Mike on the 18th.

There's not a lot of background to this story, other than I don't want to be in town celebrating this milestone birthday. Not that one actually celebrates 50! Mike is only turning 49, so he has a whole year to decide what he wants to do for his 50th.

We had discussed it for a while, but finally booked our hotel and flights on July 5th. We have no firm schedule. Mike would be happy just to ride the hop on/hop off buses all week. I would be happy just to hit museum after museum all week. What ends up happening will be somewhere in the middle.

Our flight leaves in less than 12 hours and I haven't even started packing yet. We are flying JetBlue from Buffalo into JFK, and will be staying here:

IMG_4926.JPG
The Marriott on Lexington (@48th). We stayed here six years ago when it was still a Radisson. The price is reasonable (ish) and the location is ridiculously convenient.

More to follow ... but not until I get those suitcases packed.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Alrighty then, I'm up. Good morning everybody.

The Keurig is on, and I am calculating ... if I drink one cup of coffee now, and another in the car, will I make it all the way to airport without having to stop? On the other hand, if I don't have two cups of coffee in me, will I even make it to the airport?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
As you know, I am more likely to see a sunrise "going" than "coming", but here you go, the sun (sort of) bursting through clouds and very light drizzle.

IMG_4928.JPG IMG_4930.JPG IMG_4931.JPG IMG_4932.JPG

Another ten minutes or so, and I should be able to switch from clear specs to sunglasses.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Crossing at Fort Erie today, rather than the more scenic Rainbow Bridge in Niagara Falls. I need to stop in at the Duty Free.

Not even to buy anything. Moreso to use the facilities, because as it turns out ... no I can't make it all the way to the airport. :joyfull:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well the cab ride was great, great fun.

Terrifying, but I didn't doubt our driver's competence for a second, (although he did take us to the wrong Marriott, and we had to walk 100m to the right one.) The first time a car blared its horn at us, I jumped out of my skin. Second and third time, not so much.

In the room now, on the 15th floor, and all we can hear is honking, beeping, and a few really aggressive blares. Too funny.

The East River.
IMG_4974.JPG

Tiny, tiny, "boutique" room.
IMG_4979.JPG IMG_4980.JPG

I see they kept all the marble in the bathroom after the renovations. That's nice. While not the height of fashion, there would be no reason to discard all this beautiful stone.
IMG_4984.JPG

Our "view" looking down. Mike says this is 47th behind us. I am all turned about, so I will just agree.
IMG_4977.JPG

Looking up:
IMG_4985.JPG
Last time we were here, we faced right onto Lexington and it was much, much noisier. The room was marginally larger, but we don't plan on being here a lot. (Same thing we all say about Disney Resort rooms.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom