Live Entertainmemt - Current Status?

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
At the Disneyland Resort- how is the Live Entertainment these days? Back to normal?

Main Street piano?
Dapper Dans?
Pearly Band?
New Orleans Jazz Band?
Bootstrappers Pearly Band?
Citizens of Buena Vista?
Disneyland Band?
Strawhatters?

I’m pretty sure I saw that 5 & Dime is back at California Adventure. Just wanting to check in on other live entertainment to see if it’s back to normal.

wdrive

The only one I’m not certain on is the Main Street piano player but the rest are certainly back. Have a google of ‘Disneyland calendar’ and on their website you can find what entertainment is on this week and times etc

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
The only one I’m not certain on is the Main Street piano player but the rest are certainly back. Have a google of ‘Disneyland calendar’ and on their website you can find what entertainment is on this week and times etc
Thanks! I must have missed the calendar - I was searching for entertainment and I only saw dapper dabs and five and dime.

Glad to hear this! I’m hoping to get out there soon :)

mickEblu

By Main Street piano player, do you mean the Piano player at Jolly Holiday? If so, yes, I sat at the table right next to him for over an hour this past trip and it was quite lovely

82C01820-FC57-4180-8624-1086E355FE5E.jpeg

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
By Main Street piano player, do you mean the Piano player at Jolly Holiday? If so, yes, I sat at the table right next to him for over an hour this past trip and it was quite lovely
Well he used to be right off Main Street at Coke Corner but Jolly Holiday will work too!

Great! I’ve got some time this summer to travel and it’s been too long since I’ve been to a Disney Park.

MarvelCharacterNerd

View attachment 644521
Yup, Noel is terrific. He can handle just about any Disney song request and he never needs sheet music. :) You can also sometimes catch him in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon piano show (which is also running in addition to everything on the OP's list).

Other live music options currently include some Celebrate Soulfully performers at the Hollywood Backlot Stage as well as a group singing soul & Motown in between the 5 & Dime sets in DCA. There is also often live music at Paradise Garden bandstand. Tale of the Lion King and the Fantasy Faire shows are also currently running at DL. And various groups perform at the stage in Downtown Disney by the monorail in the evenings. Entertainment is definitely back at DLR! :)

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Yes! I’ve seen Noel before and he’s so nice!
Great to know there is piano music in the saloon as well.

I heard about Tale of the Lion King moving into Fantasyland Theatre, I thought the DCA version of the show was so good - will be great to see it in a more propert theatre.

mickEblu

Yup, Noel is terrific. He can handle just about any Disney song request and he never needs sheet music. :) You can also sometimes catch him in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon piano show (which is also running in addition to everything on the OP's list).

Other live music options currently include some Celebrate Soulfully performers at the Hollywood Backlot Stage as well as a group singing soul & Motown in between the 5 & Dime sets in DCA. There is also often live music at Paradise Garden bandstand. Tale of the Lion King and the Fantasy Faire shows are also currently running at DL. And various groups perform at the stage in Downtown Disney by the monorail in the evenings. Entertainment is definitely back at DLR! :)

Is that his name? He was great! We kept applauding for him after almost every song and he seemed genuinely thankful and almost surprised. I’ve been meaning to write up a little trip report on my trip from last Saturday. I’m going to try to get to that later on tonight. It was one of those perfect Disneyland days where you have no agenda, take in the atmosphere and get on just enough rides. All the rides we happened to go on to (minus a couple Star Wars rides) were all opening day attractions so it felt like a very classic DL day between that and what we chose to do with the rest of our time.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Is that his name? He was great! We kept applauding for him after almost every song and he seemed genuinely thankful and almost surprised.
Yes - Noel is as genuinely NICE as he is talented. :) He's done quite a few shows around the park over the past decade.

Currently, he does the Ragtime Piano (which moved during the pandemic times from Coke Corner to its current Jolly Holiday spot) and the saloon show. He also did the Dueling Pianos show that was briefly in the saloon, but I actually prefer the current solo show there between the two. And he also may have a "good friend" in another show at DL at the moment, too. ;)

ETA: Oh wait, no, he has friends in two DL shows now that I think about it. I'd forgotten one other occasional gig. :D

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Yes - Noel is as genuinely NICE as he is talented. :) He's done quite a few shows around the park over the past decade.

Currently, he does the Ragtime Piano (which moved during the pandemic times from Coke Corner to its current Jolly Holiday spot) and the saloon show. He also did the Dueling Pianos show that was briefly in the saloon, but I actually prefer the current solo show there between the two. And he also may have a "good friend" in another show at DL at the moment, too. ;)

The purist in me wants that piano moved back to Coke Corner!

Phroobar

They do. There's a character dance party happening on it nightly apparently.

It was Pixar and I read it's now Stitch & classic friends (chipmunks, etc.).

But hey, if you want to see all the bands that regularly performed on the Disney stages... go to Knotts. They're all there right now.
I guess it is cheaper and less work to put a kid in a suit and make her dance around to canned music then to heir real musicians.
They got to keep the preschoolers entertained somehow while mom and dad booze it up. Heaven forbid we have both alcohol and rock 'n roll at the same venue.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I guess it is cheaper and less work to put a kid in a suit and make her dance around to canned music then to heir real musicians.
They got to keep the preschoolers entertained somehow while mom and dad booze it up. Heaven forbid we have both alcohol and rock 'n roll at the same venue.
I didn't love what the alcohol fueled at Mad T Party. But I loved the Mad T Party. Hard to believe it began ten years ago and ended six years ago. Where does the time go?

Then again, I miss ElecTRONica, too...

Phroobar

I didn't love what the alcohol fueled at Mad T Party. But I loved the Mad T Party. Hard to believe it began ten years ago and ended six years ago. Where does the time go?

Then again, I miss ElecTRONica, too...
I thinking more of the rock bands that played the Tomorrowland Terrace on saturday nights.

et.jpg

MarvelCharacterNerd

I thinking more of the rock bands that played the Tomorrowland Terrace on saturday nights.

View attachment 645684
There was no alcohol served there. So when you referenced alcohol & music - first thought was T.

But as I noted, 80z All Stars, Tomasina and Mad T folks are all performing at Knotts as they have been for the past few years. Thankfully 80z at least still gets DTD gigs, too. As do various iterations of Mad T groups who also perform at the different DCA festival locations.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
I wanted to follow up after my recent trips (summer and Halloween) - live entertainment is better than ever at Disneyland!!!!!

The current group of Dapper Dans is phenomenal!

Bootstrappers (pirate band) is still a very strong group of players. I feel like they are the most under rated entertainment at the resort, almost hidden away in New Orleans square. They are soooo good!

5 & Dime is the best I’ve ever seen them, crazy good trumpet player in the band right now.

I’ve seen both Eric and Michael perform the piano sets in the Horseshoe and they both do an excellent job.

Pearly Band, New Orleans Jazz, Strawhatters and Disneyland Band are all great as well of course.

Take time to see this incredible live entertainment!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom