LIVE coverage of One More Disney Day

GrumpyFan24

Really wish i could have been there but this was the closest thing seeing the pics. Hopefully in another 4 years they do this again since this time was such a WIN for Disney.

4....more......years ugh

BenS

Crowds were a lot lighter when we left at around 4:45. Amazingly, they were still a lot heavier than you see on an average 2 AM EMH day.

You could tell there were a lot of Disney devoted. That's the first time I've heard people actually sing along to carousel of progress or speak along with the haunted mansion preshow voiceover. Good times.

Brian Noble

I was there four a couple hours early afternoon, and back about 7:30P-2:00AM. The evening hours were MUCH busier. The crowds were heavy, but the vibe was really good---folks were having a good time, for sure. For example, one of the best Laugh Floor audiences I've ever seen.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I was there four a couple hours early afternoon, and back about 7:30P-2:00AM. The evening hours were MUCH busier. The crowds were heavy, but the vibe was really good---folks were having a good time, for sure. For example, one of the best Laugh Floor audiences I've ever seen.
This is such an X factor about events like these that is so hard to describe but radically adds to the enjoyment of an event like this. Epcot's 25th, Last Tour to Endor and the 40th all had that great vibe that just made the day special.

Mori Anne

In the Parks
No
I was there all night. It was neat to do but unfortunatly, there were several times my family had to leave lines because of the "conversations" that were happening around us. A few occasions adults got upset over some behavior as well and had "words" or left lines as well. I love going to MK at night super late but I guess I prefer it when it is EMHs. A little too many unruley and rude teenagers for me....although the majority of them were no prob at all.... Glad I went but will stick with EMHs from now on.

Haunted mansion at 3:15 am was awesome! lots of fun in the que.....watching the 5:30 am show was pretty cool and uncrowded....Splash at 3:45 am was super cool as well! Overall it was fun! Glad I got to do it!

peter11435

I was told that attractions were supposed to close at 4 AM, did that happen?

Country Bear Jamboree 10am on Wednesday to 6am on Thursday
Haunted Mansion 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday
It's a Small World 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday
Liberty Square Riverboat 11am on Wednesday to 7pm on Wednesday
Pirates of the Caribbean 6am on Wednesday to 5am on Thursday
Space Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday
Splash Mountain 6am on Wednesday to 4am on Thursday
Tom Sawyer Island 10am to 5:30pm on Wednesday
Railroad 6am to 7pm on Wednesday

Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin closed 1:30am to 4am on Thursday
Mad Tea Party closed 12am to 3am on Thursday
Peter Pan's Flight closed 2am to 4am on Thursday
Snow White's Scary Adventures closed 1am to 2:30am on Thursday

:wave:

71jason

I was told that attractions were supposed to close at 4 AM, did that happen?

As I recall, HM and PotC closed at 5:00. Treehouse, Jungle Cruise and Tiki Room were all open until 6:00 (caught the final Tiki show, with an exhausted hostess, right at 6). I caught one of the last HM shows--the entire stretch room ended up speaking along with the monologue, then cheered. It was surreal.

I arrived around 8:30 p.m., crowds were NYE level (opinion backed up by CM friends who have worked NYE). Even TTA had multiple switchbacks, and I hear parking continued to be a nightmare for hours after. Crowds seemed at their worst after midnight parade, thinned down from "insane" to "steady" around 2:30, and the place really emptied out by 4:00. Last hour was a like a ghost town.

71jason

~cards ... I want cards ... gotta have all the cards ... ~

I know you're mocking and this is going to derail the thread, but it's insane how popular that game is. Lines at the video screens continued past 3:00 a.m. when almost all the rides in the park became walk-ons. The line to get cards at the "hidden" location in Liberty Square at 2:00 a.m. was still 20 people long (I hear the firehouse was swamped all night as well). I saw people trading cards throughout the night. Disney has a phenom on their hands, and I think we all know they will exploit it. Word is 300 cards by the end of Summer.

That said, the system isn't ready for Spring Break/Summer crowds yet, not sure how they handle that.

daikonjam

I know you're mocking and this is going to derail the thread, but it's insane how popular that game is. Lines at the video screens continued past 3:00 a.m. when almost all the rides in the park became walk-ons. The line to get cards at the "hidden" location in Liberty Square at 2:00 a.m. was still 20 people long (I hear the firehouse was swamped all night as well). I saw people trading cards throughout the night. Disney has a phenom on their hands, and I think we all know they will exploit it. Word is 300 cards by the end of Summer.

That said, the system isn't ready for Spring Break/Summer crowds yet, not sure how they handle that.

I wanted to try it, but the lines were stupid long for them :/ Plus I don't like how blatantly obvious the screens are. Kim Possible in Epcot is a lot more subtle, it blends with the environment, and you wouldn't be able to find most of the stuff if you weren't looking for it. This, while a cool idea, doesn't work with the crowds :/

ToTBellHop

I wanted to try it, but the lines were stupid long for them :/ Plus I don't like how blatantly obvious the screens are. Kim Possible in Epcot is a lot more subtle, it blends with the environment, and you wouldn't be able to find most of the stuff if you weren't looking for it. This, while a cool idea, doesn't work with the crowds :/
Eh...it's popular now b/c it's new. It's popularity will fade to reasonable levels over time.

WDW1974

Looked like the total failure that the doom and groomers here predicted.

Um ... could you point us in the direction of anyone saying this would be a total failure?

Disney got the PR lift it was looking for ... although not as much on the positive side in Anaheim where apparently there was an unwritten policy (to prevent YouTube videos of fights and ugly incidents with security) where they basically looked the other way when folks smuggled booze and pot into the park and used them liberally and in public. Hey, you want to turn DL into a nightclub like atmosphere for largely the 14-34 demo and that's what you're gonna get.

I did hear my pal Georgie K was out at 5:30 a.m. thanking people for coming and smirking widely over the number of APs that were sold that night.

I have a feeling Meg, Phil and Erin were all snug in their beds about the same time on the East Coast.

Of course, it does sound like DLR went all out setting up special ODV locales with special food items ... showing Fantasmic a few times (just back from yet another quality refurb) ... and even bringing in some REAL can-can dancers to perform with Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe at 4 a.m.

Sort of a grown up Grad Night was what friends who went in Anaheim told me.

~Having a joint on the Mansion makes them Spirits come alive!~

Mickey92

Hey!

Awesome pics on the live updates on the site!! :D How are you getting them up so fast? :) They are really awesome! Great quality and great editing! Surely there is no internet in the parks is there? I know there are at the hotels :)

Would be great to know!

Thanks,

Anyone? :shrug:

WDW1974

I do find it interesting that as Disney was pulling another in an endless string of publicity stunts that UNI was quietly filing permits on the same UN... I mean Disney Day for Potter construction in/around Amity!

~What do they know that Disney has long forgotten?~

10Magic

I think that the bigger crowds after 9:00PM are simply a result of the other parks being closed. If you had the stamina, you could knock off nearly every attraction in all four parks in 24 hours with not much of a problem, ending up in MK. It was the only game in town by then, and it is somewhat of a novelty trying to see if you can hang on until 6:AM.

1DisneyDad

We left around 3AM. People still coming in the gates! It was much more a party that I thought it would be. Mickey's PhilharMagic at 1AM was a sing along. Lot's of teen's wearing PJ's. Rowdy but fun crowd.

My daughter waited 2 1/2 hours to get photo with Flynn Rider (he's not out much and they said it would be Holloween before he comes back). She is 17. Lots of girls her age waiting in line. He was a Rock Star with the girls. Crazy but fun! We had a 10 Castmembers in front of us waiting to see him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom