Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

StarWarsGirl

The security guy at HS practically emptied my backpack (shout out to @StarWarsGirl btw because i LOVE this backpack) and then pushed everything down to the other side of the table. All outside of the backpack. A's stuffed animal tumbles to the ground and she immediately starts crying.
I'm glad you like it. I love that backpack as well. Seriously, I've been through a bunch of WDW backpacks and this one is the greatest.

To get through security more easily, I put everything in clear plastic packs. That way they can just look and if they drag stuff out, they put it back in more quickly.

That walk is not a particularly fun one. I made it one way when I was there, and I was over at BC. It was after a night when the line for the boat was long. It's not as bad at night. B was driving me nuts, so I told him I was done with him and was calling a friend as I walked (who I haven't caught up with in a while). 😂 That walk is unbearable during the day in the summer, though.

I've never seen a gator there, but I've seen an owl, a bald eagle that grabbed a snake from the water and killed it (yikes) and other interesting wildlife over there.

Last edited:

fractal

As we get to the MF, A keeps saying she's ready to leave Star Wars land. I say listen, we can leave as soon as this ride is over and do some things she wants to do. She gets really excited and says YAY SHOPPING FOR LADY!!!!! Wait, no... Kid. *Facepalm*

Energy level getting into the ride:
View attachment 411609

Energy level actually getting onto the ride
View attachment 411610

We were given pilot, but there's no way i was going to subject the crew to hot whiny four year old piloting their ship. There was an adorable couple behind us in line who were decked out in SW gear. We let them have pilot and I asked for engineer. Two sweet older ladies were our gunners.

We get into the ride and sit and A is starting to freak out. We're all telling her it's just a movie. Just sit and watch the movie. The CM who buckled her told me if she really freaks out just waive my arms over my head and they'll stop the ride. My back hurts so so so bad because I'm contorting myself in my seat to reach across the aisle and hold As hand. As the ride starts moving she screams. Then screams again. The older ladies start soothing her and at this point she stops screaming, and isn't crying, but is clearly having issues. A doesn't relax the entire ride. This is like mall Santa photos 😂😂 she just keeps randomly screaming 😂😂 the guy piloting the ship though is clearly into it and having so much fun and the older ladies are giving each other a hard time about hitting their buttons on time and everyone but A is having a really good time. I am half waving A and half watching the ride because I'm assuming this is the last time she'll ever let me ride it 😂😂 I grab for her seatbelt and this is the face she's making 😭😭

View attachment 411611

The ride ends and A immediately starts shouting I LOVED IT!! I LOVED IT!! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!! WE GOT TO FIGHT IN THE SKY!! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!!

Wait, what?! 😂😂😂

She clearly wasn't on the same ride as I was 😂😂 or the same reality 😂😂

We head out of Star Wars land following the path of least resistance and end to in toy story land. A immediately perks up, and this day is finally going to turn itself around. Hopefully 😂😂

Frickin' awesome!

riverside

Premium Member
I'm not proud of this next bit. I'm rather disgusted with myself, honestly. I stopped sharing drinks with A when she was about 1 year old. You could watch her water cup at the restaurant fill up with chunks of food. For every bit of liquid that gets into her mouth when she drinks, half goes down her throat and the other half goes back in the vessel.
You have nothing to be ashamed of in my book. I know exactly what you mean.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
There's a couple next to us on the bus having a huge blow out argument because he wanted to leave earlier and her mom (who isn't here) wanted to go for a walk and he's blaming wife for that. He's dropping the F bomb a lot.

What is wrong with people? Arguments are to be expected from time to time, but they should have the decency to wait until they're off the bus, to engage in this. I hate seeing bad behavior in front of children.

MySmallWorldof4

There's a couple next to us on the bus having a huge blow out argument because he wanted to leave earlier and her mom (who isn't here) wanted to go for a walk and he's blaming wife for that. He's dropping the F bomb a lot.

View attachment 411684

Thankfully A is in her world eating gummy bears we stole from 1900 park fare 😂😂 "Mommy the blue ones make you think you're under the sea with Nemo, and the green ones taste like avocado!!"
Guess some people don’t care if they air dirty laundry in public? How embarrassing for the wife and all who witnessed it.

Nala06

View attachment 410409

No airport Mickey so you'll have to make due with the resort patriotic Mickey!! We made it. Also, my kid that doesn't sleep outside of her bed literally every slept almost the entire flight!!

We sunscreened up and we're on a bus to the monorail!! I got the normal chemical sunscreen for the trip from the travel section, and i was so shocked how easily it spreads!! Much easier to apply than the zinc stuff 😂😂
I know this I'm like a week behind, but I swear by Keeki Sunscreen! Its a local company to me, and its zinc based, but goes on so well and smells amazing.

MegRuss626

The boat driver was kind enough to let us know that getting off at the swan dolphin would put us at a three minutes walk to the boardwalk, but riding on with the ferry would take 14. So we hopped off and walked across the "sailboat bridge" and made it back to her stroller. I looked at my watch. Fifteen minutes until my reservation. We were definitely going to be late, and we certainly didn't have the 45 minutes it would take to ride the ferry again. We used the bathroom and then set out on the long walk.

Reenactment photo:
View attachment 411596

I will admit that the walk would be pleasant on a pleasant day, but it was hot. And humid. And the sun was relentless. A was happy riding along in her stroller with her little fan pointing out all the water lilies. But i was dying.

I'm not proud of this next bit. I'm rather disgusted with myself, honestly. I stopped sharing drinks with A when she was about 1 year old. You could watch her water cup at the restaurant fill up with chunks of food. For every bit of liquid that gets into her mouth when she drinks, half goes down her throat and the other half goes back in the vessel. But i ran out of my own water at the halfway point of the walk. I managed to make it another quarter of the way before i just couldn't take it anymore. I needed water. I pulled her water bottle or of my backpack and inspected it for chunks. No chunks. I closed my eyes and took a huge gulp. 🤢🤢 Then i too another one 🤢🤢 then i put it away because i mentally couldn't handle over more 😂😂 why aren't there a bunch of water fountains on this long journey?!??

I took a picture of this sign to say "you keep promising this Disney, but we haven't found one yet!!"
View attachment 411597

I had parked A in the shade to take the picture and walked maybe fifteen feet away from her. As I'm snapping the photo she lets out a blood curdling scream. I turn around and she's literally climbing out of her stroller, running across the path, across the grass and inching closer to the alligator infested water. I go rescue her. Then i hold her for a minute because my heart panicked at the sound of her panic (the joy of being a mom). What was so terrifying that A risked her life getting eaten by an alligator to get away from it?!
View attachment 411598

Yeah. A bird. A strange bird. A bird that hadn't moved and looked rather annoyed that we woke it up. But in her defense, Disney birds are REALLY aggressive. At Epcot the day before three different birds (the white ones with the long beaks) tried to stay popcorn from the bucket on her lap. Way to call my bluff though, Disney. That's not the way i want to see a gator 😂😂

After what feels like three years, four months, ten days, thirteen hours, and thirty six minutes, we finally got close to the entry gate. A sky writer had thankfully been entertaining A for the last ten minutes if the walk
View attachment 411599

As we got into the security line i checked the time on my phone. Fifteen minutes had passed. How was that only fifteen minutes?!?!?!??! The security guy at HS practically emptied my backpack (shout out to @StarWarsGirl btw because i LOVE this backpack) and then pushed everything down to the other side of the table. All outside of the backpack. A's stuffed animal tumbles to the ground and she immediately starts crying. More of my stuff is teetering on the edge threatening to fall. I move start putting my bag together and he says "move along ma'am. Go through the metal detector". He clearly doesn't have kids. I put everything away and zip up and save the baby Tramp the ground THEN make it through the last but of security. We scan our APs and enter the park. At this point we're only five minutes late for our reservation, but we still need to get there.

A notices a gift shop by the entrance gate that has the stuffed animal babies. They have Lady. She immediately starts telling me that Lady and the tramp are the best of pals and they need each other and he's so so so lonely without his best friend. We don't have time for this discussion kid. We have to get to this appointment before I'm forced to walk away $100 lighter but without a Droid. I told her we'll talk about it later, which we did. Because she brought it up every twenty minutes or so for the next two hours 😂😂

We finally make it to Batuu. But where the freak is the Droid workshop. The architecture is amazing. And honestly i love the touch of other language written everywhere. But would it kill them to have clear signage?!? I looked around me and didn't see a single CM. So I chose the guy that likes like he loved Star Wars the most, and asked him for directions. He pointed me in the right direction. Then he stopped me. He said, you're REALLY pink..... And then he showed me a water fountain. Sweet sweet life giving water!!! Florida tap water never tasted so good!! We gratefully walked into a blast of AC the Droid Workshop only twelve minutes late for our reservation, hoping they'd still let us in.

SAME about sharing drinks with Ryleigh!! My husband doesn’t get it but I’ve seen how much slobber and debris goes back into the cup when she drinks! 🤢

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom