Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

riverside

Premium Member
We have a couple new considerations trip. One major one is that last November, following a chiropractic adjustment, I suffered a really bad pinpoint headache on the back of my neck. At my next appointment two weeks later I mentioned this to my chiropractor and he made an even deeper manipulation to help with the headache from the previous appointment. The minute i stood up from the table this time, I suffered a stroke.
OMG!! First off, I'm glad you recovered b/c that's what is most important. I see a chiropractor every other week. I believe he's helped me tremendously. I started out going twice a week b/c I was in such bad shape & I've seen so much improvement & am really happy with him. With that being said your experience scares the s*** out of me. I've never been afraid but R is dead set against them. We've had quite a few battles(& still do)b/c he doesn't want me going. I don't think I could ever tell him your story b/c I'd get the "see, I told you so" line. I'm going to be a basket case for my next appointment, I just know it. I'm feeling anxious just thinking about what happened to you. The bad thing is that even though I'm doing so much better by the time it's getting close to my next appointment I can tell it's time for me to go again. This is really making me think.
And if you're looking for a pet, adopt from a rescue or a shelter or responsible breeder ❤❤
Totally agree!!
All of my dogs have come from people who were going to take them to a shelter or just didn't want them anymore:rolleyes:--it's so sad. As it turns out they were all great dogs!!
While we did spend a bit of time at the hospital this morning because i cut my throat pretty badly with a shard of pizza,
Wow--I've never heard of anything like that. Out of curiosity, how do they treat that?

krause

OMG!! First off, I'm glad you recovered b/c that's what is most important. I see a chiropractor every other week. I believe he's helped me tremendously. I started out going twice a week b/c I was in such bad shape & I've seen so much improvement & am really happy with him. With that being said your experience scares the s*** out of me. I've never been afraid but R is dead set against them. We've had quite a few battles(& still do)b/c he doesn't want me going. I don't think I could ever tell him your story b/c I'd get the "see, I told you so" line. I'm going to be a basket case for my next appointment, I just know it. I'm feeling anxious just thinking about what happened to you. The bad thing is that even though I'm doing so much better by the time it's getting close to my next appointment I can tell it's time for me to go again. This is really making me think.

I’m an ER nurse so I’ve seen a couple of these types of strokes that can be linked back to chiropractic care (although a chiropractor would deny any kind of link of course). The doctors that I’ve talked to say the worst culprit is “high-velocity neck maneuvers” so I’m not sure what your chiropractor does for you but I would at least try to avoid having that done :) Gotta weigh the benefits for you vs the risks I guess just like anything else.

riverside

Premium Member
I’m an ER nurse so I’ve seen a couple of these types of strokes that can be linked back to chiropractic care (although a chiropractor would deny any kind of link of course). The doctors that I’ve talked to say the worst culprit is “high-velocity neck maneuvers” so I’m not sure what your chiropractor does for you but I would at least try to avoid having that done :) Gotta weigh the benefits for you vs the risks I guess just like anything else.
Unfortunately my biggest issue is with the neck area. I'm sure my poor posture & sitting at a desk all day has a lot to do with it. I do have a bulging disk in that area also. I've had my neck "maneuvered" many times. This is making me nervous. Thank you for the advice. I really appreciate it.

Minnesota disney fan

First time to follow your TR's. I am still laughing at your daughter's remarks. She is precious. I was told that remarks like that are a sign of intelligence. No lie. I'm glad you are feeling better and recovering. I don't know, but I probably wouldn't have let it go with the chiropractor, but that's just me. Can't wait for more o f your trip report:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom