Trip Report COMPLETED - (live) Building Castles in the Sky

DisneyGigi

I love, love love the costumes! I miss the old Halloween parties, it seems every year, now they get more and more crowded. :(

And not only am I a huge fan of dryer lint in sugar form, with a Diet Coke to wash it down, I love the smell of a Skunk! And also Gasoline. 😑 (I don’t eat a lot of sweets at all but I love cotton candy, I hate regular sugar soda though lol)

A is so insanely cute, she seems a perfect balance of sassy and sweet.

MegRuss626

I think it's funny that when you decide to go on a walk or a hike, kids are immediately tired. But when there's candy at the end of the walk, they have boundless energy 😒😒 We walked through the grotto for more candy, and then braved swarm of bats to make it to frontierland.

Last year we got to the hub right as the headless horseman was approaching. We thought we had perfect timing, but then we realized how wrong we were during our 25 minute wait for the actual parade. So I thought this year we'd watch from frontierland and have a shorter wait in between. Unfortunately A was getting the lay of the land and started begging to go on splash again 😒😒😂😂

We stopped by aloha isle for a dole whip twist to enjoy during the parade
View attachment 412927

And somehow stumbled upon this spot where i could park A in the stroller and she could see from her seat
View attachment 412928

A didn't want any ice cream. So I put my backpack on the back of the stroller and stretched my back a little, and then ate my ice cream enjoying the beautiful night. I forgot how much i loved this parade. The song is really cute and the cast are really great portraying their characters. My favorite are the gravediggers and their shovel sparks.
View attachment 412929

When the parade ended it was time to swim upstream to please the princess. Another ride on splash mountain 😒😒😂😂
View attachment 412930
(This ride photo is actually from earlier in the day)

When we got in line this time, it was right behind a little girl in a Wonder Woman costume. She was about 9 years old and flying solo. Her and A talked the whole way through the queue, and during the ride she pointed out a couple hidden Mickey's. She said this was her seventeenth ride this evening, and i kept thinking wow if A doesn't find a new favorite ride this could be my future 😂😂 she was a really sweet little girl.

When we left A asked if the little girls parents died in the ocean like Elsa's, because the little girl was all alone. I told her I'm sure they're somewhere in the park, but A wasn't buying it. We only had ten minutes before the fireworks started so I was speed walking to the hub, and the entire walk A was talking about why this girl was all alone. Maybe her parents were eaten by wolves. Maybe they were captured by the pirates. Maybe they ate so much popcorn they couldn't move.

We ended up in the walkway right behind the dessert party viewing area. In fact, a really sweet couple made room for her at the planter wall so she could stand on that instead of me ruining my back holding her
View attachment 412931

A lady beside me was really aggravated by the people ahead of us sitting on the rail and partially blocking the view. I mentioned to get that they paid hundreds of dollars for that ability and she stopped complaining 😂😂 After lucking into this near perfect spot, we waited only a couple minutes before the show began
View attachment 412932

We somehow made it through the fireworks. A even wanted to stay later, but I could tell she was melting so we made our way out of the park.

Melty A on the monorail
View attachment 412933

Melty A on the bus
View attachment 412935

Then when we got to the room, melty A and melty me got into a fight and she called me the worst mom ever 😂😂

You see, at the beginning of the week when we were winding down for bedtime, our hotel neighbors were enjoying some adult activities. Well presumably he was, but she sounded pretty bored. A heard the bumping and the moaning and thought a monster was trying to get into our room. I couldn't exactly tell her what was really happening 😂😂 so she went on believing this monster was trying to break in for the rest of our stay. She wouldn't go potty without me following her to the bathroom. She wouldn't hang out in the room so i could potty alone. She insisted that the moment we got in room she watched me engage both the door locks.

We got back to the room around 11:15 following the fireworks. I had been up since 5:30. I was tired. I sat on the bed while A got into her pajamas. Then i told her to go potty and she broke down because she was afraid of the monster. I told her there was no monster and i didn't really want to get up, which ended up waking up the monster inside her 😂😂

After her screaming that she hates me and I'm the worst mom ever, and me yelling over her that she needs to be quiet because people are sleeping (counter productive, i know 😂😂) we hugged it out and got her into bed. Her eyes were closed within minutes.

Luckily this was the last night of dealing with the hotel room monster 😂😂

This post made me laugh because of your neighbors and because I’m glad I’m not the only parent who just has to laugh a little when the kid throws a tantrum 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’ve apparently been showing Ryleigh too many Disney princess movies because she’s adopted throwing herself to the floor and “crying” if she gets told no (no tears either). I’d also like to sign up for a future trip with A! She’s got my favorite kind of personality from when I taught preschool...never know what they’re gonna say and they’re not yours so you can think it’s hysterical! 😂

MickeyCB

I too have binge read your whole trip report tonight, and literally laughed out loud!

First, serious stuff, thank you for your service and while it doesn't make it right, the chauvinistic comments from that man at the bus stop occur in all fields. I am a doctor and frequently patients that I meet (after I introduce myself), for the first time in the hospital will ask, "when is the doctor coming in"?:cautious: It's so frustrating and I'm not sure when this type of thing will ever change. I think you handled it way better than I would have.
The eyeball roll from the AP magnet lady was rude!
And,I admire your energy and patience with your daughter, she is so lucky to have you!

Second, silly stuff, the comments your daughter makes are hilarious, and oh boy, are you going to have your hands full in the future!

And if I could ask a question? My sister's husband is retired military, and I have been bugging them to join us on a trip to Disney. Do you recommend SOG for them? I have only read about it, not seen it in person.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing your trip with us; hopefully you’ve recuperated already. And don’t worry - I bet when A really does start getting bewbs, she won’t want them. I think I mentioned, my DD went from a princess to a tomboy around age 10 or 11. She hasn’t worn a dress in years (she’s now 14) and unless she’s dressed for horseback riding (where she’s decided she needs to match the horse’s accessories) anything brighter than dark gray is out of the question 😉.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Then when we got to the room, melty A and melty me got into a fight and she called me the worst mom ever

"i don't have any credit cards, but my mommy does for all my toys"

Just sayin' . . . ;)

Thanks so much, dryerlintfan for one of the funniest and best TRs I've read, since I joined the forums!! You and A are awesome!!! :happy:

fractal

The Voices of Liberty had a showing in only a couple minutes by the time we were passing the America pavilion so we stopped in.
View attachment 412846

I was excited to finally catch this show!! It was AMAZING!! A and I both really loved this one. Except for one part 😂😂

A was sitting in the front row with a couple other little princesses
View attachment 412845

In the first song all the men coupled with one or two girls, except Kyle. He kept asking the other girls to sing with him but they kept saying no. Then he came to ask A if she would come be his partner. As he drew nearer she started saying Mommy louder and louder and when he stuck out his hand in invitation she screamed and turned around and hugged me and buried herself into my shoulder. It was hilarious 😂😂 everyone was rolling in laughter 😂😂 then he tried to invite the other little girl next to us and she said "no thanks, I'm already married" 😂😂 FINALLY her older sister agreed to stand with him when he sang 😂😂 We caught a picture with Kyle when they were done with the show
View attachment 412848

While we were eating, Frozen went down and we were given an anytime fastpass. I checked the app and the ride back open so we headed there next. I didn't want to risk not being able to ride it on our last Epcot day. When we got there though, the wait was only at twenty minutes and the ride was a walk on!!
View attachment 412849

We took advantage of our good timing and ride standby. I figured we could use our fastpasses for a second ride after meeting the sisters.

The wait time for the Anna and Elsa meet was posted at 35 minutes but when we got through the queue we were literally the only family in the room. I like when this happens because A gets all the time she wants the princesses, but i dislike this happens because once she starts talking she doesn't stop.
View attachment 412852

She brought each of the sisters a chocolate coin from the pirate cruise because they love chocolate.

View attachment 412851

A: guess what?! We're going to the Halloween party tonight and I'm going to dress like Snow White!!
E: wow that sounds like a lot of fun!!
A: do you want to come with us?! My mommy can buy you a ticket!!
E: well, Anna and I would have to check our schedules .. we've been so busy .. but okay did ask if we could throw a Halloween party in Arendale!! He really wants to carve a pumpkin!!
A: OOOH!! I KNOW HOW TO DO THAT!!
E: maybe you can teach Olaf!! Should we get a really big pumpkin or a little one?
A: oh, i know!! A medium one!!
E: maybe we can get one big one, one medium one, and one small I've, and make a pumpkin snowman!! What do you think about that?
A: yeah!! And we can carve a spooky face!! And use rocks for his eyes!!
E: what about his hair, should we give him hair??
View attachment 412853

A: no.... He should be bald like uncle Gabe!! And have a biiiiiiiggggg belly like my grandpa!!
Anna: what kinds of supplies do you need to build a pumpkin snowman?
A: you need a pen to draw on the face...
E: what else?
A: you need a knife to cut him all up, but I'm not allowed to do that part
Anna: i always ask Elsa help that part too!!
A: you need a spoon so scoop out all his guts and blood and bones!!
E: oh, so we don't have to get our hands dirty... Good thinking!! What else should we get from Oakens Trading Post when we buy our pumpkins?
A: oh!! A shovel and some dirt!!
Anna: 🤔🤔🤔
Elsa: 🤔🤔🤔
Photographer: are we.... Burying him?!?
A: when we scoop out his guts and carve up his face he'll be dead. Blehhhh. You can't live without your guts. Duh.
Anna: ooooooorrr we could put a candle inside it and put him out as a decoration for Halloween!!
A: 🤔🤔🤔
A: Mommy, for Halloween can we put our zombie pumpkins out as decorations?
Me: of course baby, but you're holding up the line...
View attachment 412854

A: and also at your Halloween party can we go ice skating?
Anna: of course!! Do you like to skate slowly or do you like to skate fast?!
A: look how fast i can go!!
View attachment 412856

Anna: wow you're really fast!!
A: these aren't even my fastest shoes!!
View attachment 412857

Anna and A mainly talked about their dresses and balls and parties. At the end Anna said "I hope to see you at our Halloween party!!" And A replied "and make zombie pumpkin snowmen with Olaf!!"

So i guess i know how difficult pumpkin carving will be at my house this year 😂😂

One day she will thank you for documenting this. Precious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom