Live Action Rescue Rangers in Development

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Original Poster
From Entertainment Weekly -

Ch-ch-ch-chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers is coming to the big screen.

Commercial Director Robert Rugan remembered the rodent gumshoes, too — and pitched a live-action feature to Disney and got the thumbs up to write the update. Mandeville Films (The Muppets, Muppets Most Wanted) is attached to produce the pic, which is in early development.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the movie will be an origin story of the fedora-wearing Chip and Hawaiian shirt aficionado Dale. Your move, TaleSpin and DuckTales.

Anyone have votes on which pop star is going to get the call to update Mark Mueller’s theme song? Or would we rather just stick with The Jets’ original version?

Dragonrider1227

I guess someone saw G-Force and said "Why didn't we just make a Rescue Rangers movie?" XD
I actually liked the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie (Though had no interest in the sequels) but Rescue Rangers is kind of a bigger deal for me. (Gadget was my first childhood crush XD) I'll reserve judgement until I see a trailer but I'm not exactly thrilled with this idea.
I swear though, if they don't get Tress Macneille back for Gadget, there will be HELL TO PAY!!!

Last edited:
I was obsessed with this show as a kid, so I'm part thrilled part terrified. Excited that chip n dale are actually getting a movie, but both cgi and live action sound like a bad idea. Hopefully they don't go cheap and actually make a good movie

Matt_Black

Well, I think this is encouraging. For too long, the IPs associated with the animated series have been treated like red-head stepchildren- incomplete DVD releases, little to no presence in the parks, etc.

champdisney

Disney doesn't need to go down the same route as Hanna-Barbera by making cheesy unnecessary live-action film adaptations. I love the series but honestly, I just don't think it fits into the live-action mold (such as Yogi and Smurfs). If anything, Gargoyles should be made into a live-action movie.

Last edited:

Disneyfanman

The Chip and Dale idea scares the heck out of me because the tone of the series just doesn't seem like it would work live. I thought Yogi was a bad idea too but it sort of worked. Sort of. I thought the Smurfs was a bad idea and I just absoluted hated the films. Don't judge me but I liked Underdog and the first Scubby Doo (They messed with Scrappy and it made me sooooooooo happy).

The one inescapable truth..............None of these movies was really good. A couple of them made money (Smurfs?), but NONE of them were really good films. They, for the most part, created giant sucking noises as they drained cash and reputations. Our romanticized memories of the past were unaffected, but a new kid watching live / CGI Yogi and Boo Boo mess with Ranger Smith didn't exactly have the same experience that we did and certainly didn't remember it later.

So why do this? These things rarely make money and they don't increase the value of the IPs.

Then again, if it looks good I will probably plunk down my money and go anyway. I am truly a lost cause.

Oh and to ChampDisney..........Gargoyles is a really good suggestion. That one just screams as an IP that, if done right, could turn into a hit the size of Transformers.

Matt_Black

The one inescapable truth..............None of these movies was really good.

Beg to differ, at least as far as the first Scooby-Doo one goes.

Gargoyles is a really good suggestion. That one just screams as an IP that, if done right, could turn into a hit the size of Transformers.

Greg Weisman needs to write the script though, and they need a director who doesn't say, "Screw the script, only I can truly interpret these characters correctly!"

brb1006

David Hoberman and Todd Lieberman, who produced The Muppets as well as Beauty and the Beast for the studio, are producing the film.

erasure fan1

Then again, if it looks good I will probably plunk down my money and go anyway. I am truly a lost cause.
I really think that this is the reason they make the movie in the first place. They know a very large portion of the fanbase will go just for the sake of nostalgia. A movie like this wont get a huge budget so it wont be terribly hard for them to profit.

Man I can't stand these live action remakes. Lion king is my all time favorite animated movie and I have zero desire to see the remake.

Last edited:

brb1006

I really think that this is the reason they make the movie in the first place. They know a very large portion of the fanbase will go just for the sake of nostalgia. A movie like this wont get a huge budget so it wont be terribly hard for them to profit.

Man I can't stand these live action remakes. Lion king is my all time favorite animated movie and I have zero desire to see the remake.
I hope the Rescue Rangers Team would have their original voice actors reprise their roles. Tress Macneille and Corey Burton would definitely be back since they been voicing the two for 30 years now.

brb1006

I wonder which actor would be perfect as Professor Nimnul?

Stepehn Root would already be perfect as Nimnul.
original.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom