Live Action Film

Herbie53

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has been so pioneering in so many areas of entertainment that I think live action films get overlooked a lot. If you think of all the different things they have done in cinema, they really begin to stand out.

Granted, you have to focus on family entertainment to see their value in many instances, but Disney has achieved great things in other categories as well, even documentary with Walt's nature films, like The Living Desert. (which caused the Disney bros. to start the Buena Vista Distribution Co.)

Here's my soap box:
Just look at the all time greatest movie ever, The Love Bug. I mean really, they used a car as the main character, and IT WORKED!!!!! It was actually the highest grossing film of 1969.

( I got my Disney A to Z book out today, can you tell?)

Goofster

Hey, i think their live-action films are great! Inspector Gadget was awesome (well, I am a pittsburgher, they make the city look awesome, what is better than Disney making a movie in my backyard?) The Kid was a little weird, but there are some great recent live-action movies like Santa Clause (can't wait for Santa Clause 2, if it ever comes to be)! I'm sure Princess Diaries will be great, and disney seems pretty excited about them Country Bears!

Ariel

I agree - some of their live action films are amazing. I still count Mary Poppins as one of my favorite movies. It's nice that they have yet another avenue in films that they can explore.

<SRH>

My favorite live action film is "Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea". Another good one is Tron. I also agree with Herbie53, I have always loved the Herbie movies since I was a kid. Have you(Herbie 53) seen the Herbie section at All-Star Movies? A more recent Disney live action movie that I was surprised was really good was the new "Parent Trap".

<SRH>

In fact that reminds me of something. A good friend of mine works for Disney. He knows a lot of the managers of the hotels. We went to the All-Star-Movies resort so he could show it to me. We were talking to the General manager of the resort, and he said that they were having a tough time keeping people from climbing all over the icons of the hotel. He showed us a courtyard where there was a Herbie car that looks like it jumped the curb. There was a dent in the hood because some woman used the car as a seat. There were benches all over the courtyard. Apparently this particular car was used in a parade at MK a long time ago, and retired.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom