Live-Action ‘Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs’

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
This @#$% needs to stop! Granted, I'm not the audience mouse house wants anyway. I'd be more accepting of this stuff if they'd offset it with some good old fashion hand drawn animated features. I'm even OK with a live action movie based on an in-park attraction. But this rehash after rehash is ridiculous! Why not do a take on the classic, but from the 7 dwarfs point of view. Have it be their story. At least then it would be somewhat original. Instead we get Disney: Let's wrap the same old story up in new packaging and pass it off as NEW to the mindless masses!

NateD1226

Original Poster
This @#$% needs to stop! Granted, I'm not the audience mouse house wants anyway. I'd be more accepting of this stuff if they'd offset it with some good old fashion hand drawn animated features. I'm even OK with a live action movie based on an in-park attraction. But this rehash after rehash is ridiculous! Why not do a take on the classic, but from the dwarf's perspective? Have it be their story. At least then it would be somewhat original. Instead we get Disney: Let's wrap the same old story up in new packaging and pass it off as NEW to the mindless masses!
There was supposed to be two Snow White spinoff LA movie, but they both got put on hold...

Animaniac93-98

Didn't we just have 3 live-action Snow White's?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This @#$% needs to stop! Granted, I'm not the audience mouse house wants anyway. I'd be more accepting of this stuff if they'd offset it with some good old fashion hand drawn animated features. I'm even OK with a live action movie based on an in-park attraction. But this rehash after rehash is ridiculous! Why not do a take on the classic, but from the 7 dwarfs point of view. Have it be their story. At least then it would be somewhat original. Instead we get Disney: Let's wrap the same old story up in new packaging and pass it off as NEW to the mindless masses!
Actually Disney did do this for Disney XD, it was on for 2 seasons:

maxresdefault.jpg

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Actually Disney did do this for Disney XD, it was on for 2 seasons:

maxresdefault.jpg

Yup. Had some good talent behind it too. Shame the show itself wasn't any good, IMO. Still, I'd take a spinoff treatment over another retelling. You can only do Snow White so many times.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yup. Had some good talent behind it too. Shame the show itself wasn't any good, IMO. Still, I'd take a spinoff treatment over another retelling. You can only do Snow White so many times.
Yes but what if they give it the Maleficent treatment and tell it from the point-of-view of the Evil Queen....

Now that would be an interesting tale in my opinion....

Magenta Panther

God almighty. I wonder what the Dwarfs will look like (flashbacks of the dwarfs in The Hobbit movie...horrid wigs and prosthetics that looked like they came from Spencer's Gifts...*shudder*)

Magenta Panther

Yes but what if they give it the Maleficent treatment and tell it from the point-of-view of the Evil Queen....

Now that would be an interesting tale in my opinion....

Really, this ridiculous trope of reforming bad guys to give a fairy tale a different angle is lame. It'd be like if Darth Vader's story was told from his point of view - oh wait. That happened. And it sucked.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Really, this ridiculous trope of reforming bad guys to give a fairy tale a different angle is lame. It'd be like if Darth Vader's story was told from his point of view - oh wait. That happened. And it sucked.
Aren’t you just a ray of sunshine.

I guess everything is just all black and white in your life, so clear cut, with no ambiguity.

Ever hear of the saying “history is written by the winners”. Well not all winners are actually good. Hence who is good and who is bad in stories is subjective as it’s told from the winners point-of-winner. So to have these stories told from another point-of-view is refreshing.

Magenta Panther

Aren’t you just a ray of sunshine.

I guess everything is just all black and white in your life, so clear cut, with no ambiguity.

Ever hear of the saying “history is written by the winners”. Well not all winners are actually good. Hence who is good and who is bad in stories is subjective as it’s told from the winners point-of-winner. So to have these stories told from another point-of-view is refreshing.

Oh, so you're saying that the murderous Wicked Queen in Snow White is merely "ambiguous"? Come on. Maleficent was bad enough - making the three good fairies total idiots and the king a jerk in order to make Maleficent sympathetic. That was plain amateurishly bad writing. If the Wicked Queen is handled the same way, we can probably look forward to her wickedness being based on unrealistic standards of female beauty being inflicted on her poor little psyche and driving her to try to murder her stepchild. She turns to potions to keep herself young thanks to ageism. And her jealousy is based on societal pressures that force women to compete with each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom