Live-Action ‘Aristocats’ In Development At Disney

NateD1226

Original Poster
"Disney doesn’t look to be slowing down any time soon when it comes to adapting classic animated pics into live-action features. Sources tell Deadline that an adaptation of The Aristocats is in early development with the studio’s live-action team. Will Gluck and Keith Bunin will pen the script, with Gluck producing through his Olive Bridge Entertainment banner."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Questlove is reportedly set to direct the live-action hybrid reimaging of The Aristocats.

"After winning the Oscar for best documentary, Ahmir ‘Questlove’ Thompson has found his feature film directing debut as sources tell Deadline he is set to direct a live-action hybrid reimaging of The Aristocats for Walt Disney Studios. Thompson is directing, serving as executive producer, and overseeing music for the film with script by Will Gluck and Keith Bunin. Tarik Trotter, Shawn Gee, Zarah Zohlman will exec produce on behalf of Two One Five Entertainment.

Gluck and his production company, Olive Bridge, are producing along with Thompson’s Two One Five Entertainment."

Full article below.

brb1006

Questlove is reportedly set to direct the live-action hybrid reimaging of The Aristocats.

"After winning the Oscar for best documentary, Ahmir ‘Questlove’ Thompson has found his feature film directing debut as sources tell Deadline he is set to direct a live-action hybrid reimaging of The Aristocats for Walt Disney Studios. Thompson is directing, serving as executive producer, and overseeing music for the film with script by Will Gluck and Keith Bunin. Tarik Trotter, Shawn Gee, Zarah Zohlman will exec produce on behalf of Two One Five Entertainment.

Gluck and his production company, Olive Bridge, are producing along with Thompson’s Two One Five Entertainment."

Full article below.

Well this came out of nowhere.

Phroobar

I'm going to be upset if the Siamese cat isn't in it. Knowing Disney, they can't do any of the original band.
iu

TalkingHead

Summer of Soul was 70% archival footage (the good stuff in the film); the rest was generic documentary fluff with interviews and the like. Questlove is an interesting guy, but I’m surprised they’d hire someone with such slim filmmaking bona fides. Maybe he’ll go full-on musical. Could work since almost nobody loves the animated feature as a whole.

brb1006

I'm going to be upset if the Siamese cat isn't in it. Knowing Disney, they can't do any of the original band.
iu
Considering they replaced Si and Am for the 2019 live-action remake of Lady and the Tramp with a similar duo of cats (who are male). Expect a newer cat to be added to the band.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Nope, just her kittens which I don't have a problem with. If Berlioz and Toulouse have American accents, while Marie has an English accent. Then I guess Duchess must had really gotten around with the other male cats prior to the film.
Where's the father of those kittens?!?!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom