little mermaids wait times now like dca's.

Sped2424

Original Poster
It has been my experience since the mine train has been officially open that mermaid has kept a 10 to 20 minute wait aka walk on status. I went on a Saturday, Thursday and Friday and throughout the day it never hit higher than 30. Seems like it's popularity is Indeed gone with guests. Has anyone else experienced the same thing I have this Month with the attraction?

Sped2424

Original Poster
It's also an Omnimover with a huge capacity...
Even so this ride held 45 minute wait times almost always and even 70 minute wait times before. Not to mention this is summer and by all means should be receiving longer waits. When I am talking walk on I mean you literally walk to loading.

doctornick

It seems now that the whole back half of New Fantasyland behind SDMT seems to be bypassed by a lot of people and probably isn't receiving the foot traffic it used to. Also SDMT is now the new attraction everyone is wanting to go on.

That's my impression as well. I think Disney missed out by not putting a second ride on that side of the 7DMT to compliment Little Mermaid. IMHO, putting a smaller scale Sleeping Beauty dark ride (for example) on the 7DMT side of the path would help draw people along that pathway because there would be "more to do".

SJN1279

I was there June 7 and waited 30 minutes. Fastpass + has distributed crowds evenly through the park, and that is why the Mermaid's wait has dropped. Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain were shorter than in the past as well. Pirates and Mansion were longer.

Fastpass+ is the reason.

stevebwv

I was there June 7 and waited 30 minutes. Fastpass + has distributed crowds evenly through the park, and that is why the Mermaid's wait has dropped. Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain were shorter than in the past as well. Pirates and Mansion were longer.

Fastpass+ is the reason.

Impossible. FP+ is a complete and utter failure (didn't you read that!?). It could never succeed in balancing loads, one of its major goals.

Sassagoula-Rvr

Fastpass+ is the reason.
That's good to hear...I've been kind of thinking we may start to see this take place...in theory...FP+ is awesome...the rollout was pretty mucked up. I think in the end though it will become the industry standard. Even when they were "testing" while we were there last fall...I could see the potential...they just needed to get it fully worked out.

Sped2424

Original Poster

Fastpass+ is the reason.
This ride was also receiving large wait times during all phases of fastpass +. Now that the mine train is open people don't much care for this weak omnimover.

MickeyPeace

Fastpass+ is the reason.

I disagree with this. I was there June 2-6, same week as you.

I didn't ride splash this trip because lines were always too long. Space I rode near closing time for same reason. Skipped Pan too because of long wait times. Nothing has changed except many attractions that didn't have long lines now do.

Except Mermaid which is underwhelming.

Sped2424

Original Poster

Fastpass+ is the reason.
Tell this to the new longer waits at pirates. Fastpass + isn't saving anything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom