List of Resorts We have stayed at AND our FAVORITE?.......

Iteachwood

In 26 years of going to WDW we have stayed at LOTS of Resorts...many of them the first year they opened. Here is a list of resorts we have stayed.....AND OUR FAVORITE!

Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge
Contemporary
AllStar Music
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Carribean
Port Orleans
Dixie Landing (Riverside)
Coranado
Beach Club
Boardwalk

AND OUR FAVORITE ALL TIME?............

POLYNESIAN....Just the most relaxing,Pretty,close to Magic Kingdom ( espec when kids young) Best Themed

YOUR LIST AND FAVORITE??

bmarkelon

Old Key West
Fort Wilderness Cabins (twice)
Boardwalk
Wilderness Lodge
Bay Lake Towers

I have to say that BLT is our favorite. We are a young family and being that close to Magic Kingdom is hard to beat. We'll be staying there a 2nd time in August. The ones that we really want to try but can't justify the switch yet are, Beach Club, Tree houses, Polynesian (lack of kitchen stops us on that one for now) and Animal Kingdom Lodge. When the kids are a few years older we'll start switching it up again.

Upvote 0

dave&di

Very short list!

2008 - Grand Floridian
2010 - The Polynesian

I enjoyed the GF but wasn't blown away so decided to try the Poly after, although I loved the Poly, it was too family orientated (it's just my BF and I) and busy, plus the food was not my type.

So in 2012 we are going back to the GF, I now appreciate it more now I have tried another resort.

We will probably flip between the 2 resorts, so 2014 will be the Poly, we will probably never try any others now we have these. If I had to pick a new one I would probably try The Contemporary.

So The Grand Floridian WINS!

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Carribean Beach (1996)
Coranado (1997 and 1998)
All Stars Music (1999)
Port Orleans Frech Quater (2000 & 2009)
Wilderness Lodge (2002, 2003, 2007 and 2010)
Animal Kingdom Lodge (2006)

I am sure you can tell which is our favorite!!! We will adding the Boardwalk Inn to this list in August!!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

All Star Sports
All Star Music
All Star Movies
Pop Century
Riverside
Caribbean Beach
Old Key West
Wilderness Lodge
Yacht Club
Polynesian
Grand Floridian

Toss up between WL and Poly. I've had good and bad stays at both, but the theming of both can't be beat. Poly hands down for room size and MK and Epcot access.

Upvote 0

Buckeye

Grand Floridian
Old Key West
Wilderness Lodge
Port Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge

Wilderness Lodge is our favorite (stayed there 3 times), but AKL is a close second.

Upvote 0
POFQ (2006, 2009)
POR (2007, 2011)
All-Star Sports (2007)
Pop Century (2010)

I would have to say that my fav is French Quarter. However, I would really like to experience more resorts, I just have to be patient :)

Upvote 0

Lucky

In order from fav to least fav:

AKL savannah view (2003)
CS (2007, 2008, 2010)
POFQ (2006, 2009)
CB (2004, 2005)
Pop (2007)

Poly is at the top of my list to try if we can ever justify the $$$

Upvote 0

ddbowdoin

extremely short list:

Beach Club (March 2011)

Here is my honest assessment. I have always stayed off site, either in local hotels or home rentals in Kississimi (sorry, spelling). I am a park buff, plain and simple. My style is 5th gear all day from open to close. To me, WDW is all about the parks. With that in mind I always used to dismiss staying on property, primarily due to costs. The Beach Club to me was beautiful, but lacked that Disney feel. It's a higher end resort (villa ran us 350 a night before discount). My fiance and her family love it, for them they have an excuse to veg out by the pool (which was pretty amazing btw). I felt like I was staying at a top notch resort, nothing really disney though. I loved the convenience of walking to epcot, a short boat ride to DHS (from boardwalk since the dock was being repaired). It was also nice that the busses from B and Y club were pretty exclusive, it took us no time to get to MK and AK. I'm still on the fence, I need to give the more moderate hotels a run before I am completely sold or dismiss WDW resorts.

Upvote 0

stratman50th

In order as I remember them.
Fort Wilderness in a pup tent.
Contemporary the wing, not the main building.
Tree House Villas.
Port Orleans FQ Multiple times.
Polynesian, Multiple times.
Old Key West, going to stay there again this June.

There was just another thread on this and It was really hard to come up with a favorite because I have a couple for different reasons.
Port Orleans FQ for the food ct, bus schedule, boat to DTD, pool and general theme.
Polynesian for monorail and TTC access. We like the quiet pool and the teens like the volcano pool. Rooms are nice size.
Old Key West for room size, kitchen, extra bathroom space, and washer and dryer in the room.

We like the Port Orleans enough that we are seriously considering two adjoining rooms for the next trip. The price would almost be what we paid per night at the Poly and Old Key West. Our biggest thing is the amount of space two teenage girls and all their associated junk and mess take up. :D

Upvote 0

goshdarnstud

Caribbean Beach
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Contemporary
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge

Favorite being the Wilderness. I've stayed there 3 times with the fourth being this July!!!! Though the Poly is a very close second. The Wilderness has such a homey feel for me, and the theme just rocks. But the Poly keeps it close with being on the monorail and being able to walk to the TTC.

Upvote 0
Only one on the list:

Pop Century (2009, 2010 and in a month 2011)

I honestly love Pop Century and can't see paying the added price for a moderate or deluxe hotel when Pop Century has everything you need for a fraction of the cost of the others. We are a family of 6 and as such have to get 2 adjoining rooms because the rooms only sleep 4. When we go back again in 2013 I will probably try the new Art of Animation.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Only one on the list:

Pop Century (2009, 2010 and in a month 2011)

I honestly love Pop Century and can't see paying the added price for a moderate or deluxe hotel when Pop Century has everything you need for a fraction of the cost of the others. We are a family of 6 and as such have to get 2 adjoining rooms because the rooms only sleep 4. When we go back again in 2013 I will probably try the new Art of Animation.

This. We're going back late in 2012, and the new resort should be done by then. We're planning on staying there! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

yankspy

Old key West
Port Orleans (both) as well as Dixie Landings
Pop Century
Coronado
Poly
GF
Wilderness lodge (Villas too)
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Cabins at Ft. Wilderness
Saratoga

I have to say that my two favorites are the GF and the Wilderness lodge. Both have great rooms, great themes, and good restaurants.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I've stayed at:

All Star Music
Coronado Springs
Boardwalk Inn
Dolphin
Swan
Polynesian

And my favorite is the Poly!!! So gorgeous with beautiful surroundings and greenery, love the location, monorail, and overall positive vibes of the islands!!

Upvote 0

Jebiford29

Ft. Wilderness Cabins (1994)
ASMu (2006)
Saratoga Springs (2008)
Coronado Springs (2010)
Caribbean Beach (2010)
Ft. Wilderness Campsite (2010)
Wilderness Lodge (will be here 4/2011)

Of the ones I've been to my favorite would have to be Caribbean Beach. I think my fav will change, though, after my upcoming April trip!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

Dixie Landing (2000)
Poly (2000)
POFQ (2004)
All Star Music (2006)
POFQ (2008)
Pop Century (2009,2010,2011)

My favorite would be Pop Century. Can't wait until Art of Animation is open, and we would really love to try Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge one day.

Upvote 0

tiggersmom

polynesian 1989
Caribbean beach/polynesian1990
dixie landings 1992
dixie landings 1995
Caribbean beach 1999
port orleans riverside 2002
shades of green/port orleans riverside 2005
port orleans riverside 2006

We loved polynesian and would love to stay there again, but is so expensive. Our favorite is Riverside, we feel like coming home when we ride through the resort's gates. Love everything about it, except the very long waits at the bus stops to come back from the parks. I'm dying to get back, it's been too long.

Upvote 0

PartOfYourWorld

My list is short...

Shades of Green (multiple times)
Contemporary (Once)
Pop Century (multiple times)
All Star Sports (a couple times)
All Star Movies
All Star Music

My favorite Pop Century!!! The contemporary was pretty nice too since it was right near the MK. We stayed in the part that is now BLT before it was BLT. But my other favorites that I love to go visit (even though I haven't stayed in them I just love the theming of the Grand Floridian and the Polynesian..hopefully one day I will stay in them...

Upvote 0

PineapplePrincess

Fort Wilderness Campground (twice w/parents)
Polynesian (twice)
Caribbean Beach (twice)
Shades of Green (four times & a fifth time this coming August)
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Beach Club (twice)

Beach Club is by far our favorite because of the pool, and the proximity to Epcot!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom