Lion King 1 and 1/2

Justin149

Original Poster
That title just doesn't do it for me. Yeah, I know, it will most definitely change before the film is released, but no need to worry, it is coming. Actually, I dont' know if the "1 1/2" title is correct? Think about it. The movie is about how Timon and Pumbaa met. In the original "Lion King", Timon and Pumbaa are already bestest best buds. So they met sometime earlier. Now true, they could have met after Simba was born, but before Mufassa died. So this could possibly be a prequel to the Lion King if you think cronologically, or it could be taking place at the same time as the opening of "The Lion King". Either way, it doesn't take place between "The Lion King" and "The Lion King II: Simba's Pride". So what gives with the "1 1/2"? **cricket cricket** I can see I've rambled too long. Back to my article. . .

"The Lion King 1 1/2" (as it is currently called) is apparently further along than we thought. The Disney Animation Archive reveals that Ernie Sabella (the voice of Pumbaa) was recently a special guest on Disney Cruise Line's first trip in the Western Carribean. "He signed autographs and was interviewed in the theatre onboard the ship. He talked about the upcoming Lion King movie where Timon and Pumbaa meet. He says that the writers are the same as those from the original and that the original cast will be providing the voices once again. He wanted footage to be shown but said the company didn't want to show any of the movie yet."

The fact that Ernie Sabella wanted to show footage shows that the movie is on schedule to be released sometime before the end of 2003 depending on how much footage is done already. Originally, I had heard that Christmas 2002 was a planned release date, but then I hadn't heard about anything for quite a while. But with footage already completed, it is possible it could make that date, but I would guess more like 2003.

Thanks to The mousehole for that article.

-justin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom