Linking reservations at Swan & Dolphin to MDE

seafoodbuffet

Original Poster
We've stayed at the Swan and Dolphin in the past but that was during the MM+ testing phase so we were only able to make same-day FP+ selections. I've heard that now guests at the S&D can make FP+ reservations 60 days ahead of time. Has anyone had experience with this? How does that work? In the past, MDE didn't recognize reservation numbers from S&D so how do you link them so that you can get FP+ reservations 60 days ahead? Gotta compete for those precious slots on 7DMT :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
We've stayed at the Swan and Dolphin in the past but that was during the MM+ testing phase so we were only able to make same-day FP+ selections. I've heard that now guests at the S&D can make FP+ reservations 60 days ahead of time. Has anyone had experience with this? How does that work? In the past, MDE didn't recognize reservation numbers from S&D so how do you link them so that you can get FP+ reservations 60 days ahead? Gotta compete for those precious slots on 7DMT :)

I have a trip in a couple weeks staying at the Dolphin, and I had no problems setting thins up with MM+. It took my Dolphin reservation number without any problems, and once my tickets were linked and I reached 60 days I was able to book Fastpasses.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
One question on this same topic that I am still not sure about, is can you use the Magic Band to do touch-to-pay if you are staying at the S&D? S&D didn't allow room charging in the past, but I don't know if it's the same situation with the bands.

Rob562

One question on this same topic that I am still not sure about, is can you use the Magic Band to do touch-to-pay if you are staying at the S&D? S&D didn't allow room charging in the past, but I don't know if it's the same situation with the bands.

They still do not offer touch-to-pay with Bands in the parks.
I'm not sure how they handle room charging within the S&D complex, though.

-Rob

seafoodbuffet

Original Poster
As
They still do not offer touch-to-pay with Bands in the parks.
I'm not sure how they handle room charging within the S&D complex, though.

-Rob

I agree, everything I've heard tells me you can't room charge using your magic band to your room at S&D. Within S&D, you can pay for meals at any of the restaurants via room charge. What I wonder is if you have a credit card on file in MDE, if you can charge to that card via magic band? I've not heard of that being possible but that would be nice.

Rob562

I agree, everything I've heard tells me you can't room charge using your magic band to your room at S&D. Within S&D, you can pay for meals at any of the restaurants via room charge. What I wonder is if you have a credit card on file in MDE, if you can charge to that card via magic band? I've not heard of that being possible but that would be nice.

It's not possible, and there are a number of reasons why which have been discussed in other threads, but it boils down to using a Band for purchases isn't actually charging the credit card, it's charging to an internal Disney charge account. It's easier and cheaper for Disney to maintain that than pay service fees for each transaction.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom