Linking 2 Disney accounts to the same trip

cslafferty

*If there is already a thread addressing this, please direct me to it!
My sister is accompanying DH and myself to WDW this Dec. I made the reservations through my Disney Experience account. She also has an account and i was wondering if there is a way for me to link her account to our reservation? I tried to find a way but came up empty.
Also, i paid for Memory Maker, and was wondering how that works when 2 families travel together. Can i link her to that as well, or would she have to log in as me to view and order?
Thanks in advance!

Jahona

If she is on your friends and family list then if she signs into her MDE account it may already show, if she was included on the reservation when booking. If not she may be able to enter the reservation number online or call and have it added to her MDE account.

Memory Maker works by collecting all photos from those on your friends and family list. Only one person needs to buy it and have everyone added on their account. When you get back from your trip you can then sign into photopass and download all of the photos taken. Your friend will be able to view photos similar to you but she will have to purchase them individually. Alternatively you can always email the photos to those on your trip as well. If they want to take advantage of the Photopass print services they can upload photos to the site as well as choosing from the list.

Upvote 0

Rob562

She won't be able to use the reservation number to link to herself (she'd probably get an error that it's already linked to another account), though it's a simple fix.

Since you made the reservation, and you listed her on it, her name is presumably listed under your account as a "managed by you" profile.
Go into your Family & Friends list and next to her name click on "connect through a Disney account". Then just fill in the email address your sister uses for *her* MDE account.

Then she just has to log in to her own MDE account and accept the friend request. Once she does that, everything you have linked to her name on your account will move over to hers. (Hotel, MagicBands, dining reservations, etc)

Edit to add: Oh, and while she's at it, she should ensure that the settings on her account allow *you* to see and purchase her PhotoPass photos. That way you'll be able to include all of her photos in your Memory Maker, even if some are taken without you there.

-Rob

Upvote 0

bee

You can also call Disney and have them link the accounts. I have my wife, her parents, and her brother all on my account; linking my wife and her brother was easy but for some reason my MIL and FIL couldn't link to me and were getting all kinds of error messages. We called Disney and they fixed it in about two minutes.

Upvote 0

cslafferty

Original Poster
She won't be able to use the reservation number to link to herself (she'd probably get an error that it's already linked to another account), though it's a simple fix.

Since you made the reservation, and you listed her on it, her name is presumably listed under your account as a"managed by you" profile.
Go into your Family & Friends list and next to her name click on "connected through a Disney account". Then just fill in the email address your sister uses for *her* MDE account.

Then she just has to log in to her own MDE account and accept the friend request. Once she does that, everything you have linked to her name on your account will move over to hers. (Hotel, MagicBands, dining reservations, etc)

-Rob
Just added her email! Simple! I must have been half asleep last night when I was searching for how to do this! Going to WDW during the holidays is on her bucket list, so she is very excited. She lost her husband suddenly last summer, so I'm happy to see her looking forward to something! Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom